Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

The Complacent Adult Warrior - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Complacent Adult Warrior (150 Views)

Get Unlimited Udemy, Wso(warrior Special Offer),lynda- Files. / Get Unlimited Udemy, Wso(warrior Special Offer),lynda- Files. / Re-enactment Of Queen Amina The Female Warrior By Children At Owerri (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Complacent Adult Warrior by KidsUnsaid(f): 10:12pm On Jan 27, 2022
I'd like to use complacent in today's content to mean an "I don't care" attitude about adult realities as a result of childhood trauma.
Recently, I was discussing with some persons and their point of view got me worried as it only said one thing. COMPLACENCY.

So many adult warrior of childhood trauma have left their adult realities to time and chance that they feel it's okay to be irresponsible and complacent towards life issues blaming it on their childhood experiences.
They are used to certain narratives that anything contrary feel too alien to consider.

I see young men condescending low to become beasts by ill treating women prolly for the fact that they grew up with mothers who ill treated their dads.

I see ladies who grew up with cheating dads consciously taking up the responsibility to sleep with every married man in order to repay the women who made their home hell.

As an adult, childhood trauma or not, One thing you have available to you every time is the power of choice!
The choices we make comes with responsibility.
No one gets it done by sitting down or because you had it better growing up.

Sometime ago, my friends and I hung out one night and we were in this place and some man touched me inappropriately and i expressed myself in a way my friends thought was rather too harsh.
We were recounting experiences and they still spoke about it...
Inasmuch as i'd love to think that i did the right thing, i paid attention to their perspective because i know i honestly want to be better with how i treat men.
I am fully aware that i have triggers when it comes to men as a result of my childhood experiences.
When it comes to sexual assault, i am honestly very impatient.
I have no right to take out my childhood trauma on anyone or make anyone a victim of them

For the longest time I had a problem with women submitting to men because i saw it play out wrongly growing up. I thought that any woman who submitted to a man as expected of the bible was only setting herself up for disrespect and maltreatment until I saw submission being reciprocated with intentional love.

As a adult warrior of childhood trauma, until you consciously change your perspective of some of the things you saw playing out growing up, you would be complacent towards important issues.

In complacency, there is no room to seek to be better, in complacency is irresponsibility, in complacency, you take whatever comes, In complacency hope is thin or even lost because you feel content blaming it on your childhood.

My main drive for Kids Unsaid is to see that i kick against everything that made my childhood a nightmare. I want to be a better parent, i want my kids to have a better home than i did.

I cannot afford to be complacent in anyway if i have to achieve this.
It takes a lot of intentionality to get what you deserve.
As a matter of fact, you cannot afford to sit down and say que sera sera because that is an old lie!
Whatever you want for your life and future, you have to violently take it!
There is no excuse for any form of irresponsibility no matter what prompted it.

You got raped and now you are a single mom is not an excuse to become a burden. You have all it takes to work, put yourself through school and freaking become the woman you've always wanted to be.

Sexual abuse shouldn't be your excuse for promiscuity, trust me when i say i totally understand that sexual abuse can unleash a sexual demon.
I struggled with masturbation for the longest time, so i know!

That you found yourself abandoned on the street as an orphan is not a sentence into robbery and thuggery.

You do not have to drink yourself to stupor, maltreat women before you can earn your respect as a man.
Even the 21st century animal knows better.

I know that you did not become complacent intentionally, you just have seen too many bad to believe you can be better.
You can take up a new challenge today.
Move out of your comfort zone, look through the internet on how you can be better in the areas you are lacking. Read good books, Tilt more towards people who are doing better and drop the pessimism.

You have been wired for better but you have to choose to do better daily.

You cannot afford to be a complacent adult warrior of childhood trauma because the government's got no compensation plan for you!
Own your life, stop sulking and put in the work!

Please Subscribe To My YouTube Channel To Catch Some Of My Contents.

https://youtube.com/c/OCHANYADMPREZ

(1) (Reply)

The Best Things In Life Are Free: Cost Effective Ways To Make This Val Memorable / Pastor Adeboye's Humility Not Altered By His Many Achievements-Osinbajo / Help Your Child Understand What He Or She Reads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.