Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People (13723 Views)

Is Messi Still Good Enough For A Big Price Tag Or Is He In Decline? / This Is The COLLAPSE Of The Century! Valverde & Barca Bottlers Humiliate Themsel / Valverde: Barca Clasico Win Will Not Settle Laliga (2) (3) (4)

Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by obembet(f): 7:23am On Jan 28, 2022
Former Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde may have won two LaLiga Santander titles, one Copa del Rey and a Supercopa de Espana in his three years at Camp Nou, but feels that people expected more from him.

Speaking in a rare interview, he didn't avoid any questions, revealing his view on Barcelona as demanding and non-conformist, and explaining his need for a break.

"We won two league titles and it was good, but nothing is good enough for some people," Valverde told Libero magazine.

"I was there two and a half years in the three years first in our Champions League group and with a game to spare, in three years we didn't need the last game.

"But these things when they happen, that's good, but me and the group in general appreciated it, another thing is other people, but we appreciated it because it was difficult for us and now... Well, look."

Since Valverde's departure, the club has gone into turmoil under Quique Setien, Ronald Koeman and now Xavi.

"I see it all from a distance. Once you leave a place, you turn the page, but to leave a club like Barcelona, you need more time to decompress," Valverde reflected.

"I had been coaching for a long time, I needed time."

Valverde did not rule out an exotic adventure abroad as his next challenge, though he could still stay in Spain and come up against Barcelona's latest generation.

"Now almost all players have been through the youth teams of an important team like Athletic, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Osasuna," the former Olympiacos coach analysed.

"Me for example, I came from my neighbourhood team, now footballers on the streets aren't around, but dribblers are in demand. Now there are players like [Kingsley] Coman at Bayern, [Leroy] Sane, like [Riyadh] Mahrez at City.

"[Lionel] Messi, Neymar, [Ousmane] Dembele, they make a difference, they go alone, they will always be around."

Valverde has not returned to management since he left Barcelona, though he was linked with a move to Manchester United in 2021.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2022/01/27/61f2f28ce2704ea9418b4594.html

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by WiszyFraud: 7:28am On Jan 28, 2022
Forever in RealMadrid’s shadoww...

tongue

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by angelawoko(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2022
People don't remember your past success as much as your current failures. That is one thing about being successful, you can't take a break from it.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by DominionGreat: 7:29am On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by shanaka4u(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2022
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by chatinent: 7:29am On Jan 28, 2022
Mehn, I love Barca.

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Kusheer(m): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2022
Since Messi left the club achieve nothing

Madrid is the best Spanish club for now lol

Like for Madrid

Share for Barcelona

108 Likes 90 Shares

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by everythinggirly(f): 7:29am On Jan 28, 2022
It's normal, everyone is not the same.
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by bigdammyj: 7:29am On Jan 28, 2022
Noted
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by jeff1993: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2022
Ff
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:30am On Jan 28, 2022
Will that make buhari to become a good president?
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2022
Imagine
Now they can only dream of a tea cup grin
How tables have turned

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by bluefilm: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2022
Why is he subtly expressing his anger for being sacked as Barca manager?

The owners of the club have the right to hire and fire whoever they want.

Or maybe, he now wants to stylishly beg to be reconsidered for the job again?
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by nonny1212: 7:31am On Jan 28, 2022
One of barcelona's good coach in recent memories.

But because of their envious of real madrid, they sacked him and employed FLOP XAVI. All because they wanted to have a taste of what Zidane did for madrid.

You guys should better bend the knee and beg him to come back. XAVI is a FLOP.

A once great barcelona is now an average team who take full PRIDE IN DEFEATS

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by AlphaStyles(m): 7:31am On Jan 28, 2022
Valverde u dy m@d big one
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Ademola47(m): 7:31am On Jan 28, 2022
His record isn't bad.

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Opeyemic01: 7:32am On Jan 28, 2022
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Will that make buhari to become a good president?

No
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by oyeb15: 7:33am On Jan 28, 2022
Anybody will win with Messi.

If PSG hire me right now, I will sleepinigly win something with PSG.

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by EdidemLord(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2022
*Nothing* Isn't good, except you're making something outta nothing
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Boogyman557: 7:33am On Jan 28, 2022
Holly Gram cool WTF MAN
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by obembet(f): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2022
Valverde is a really good manager but he wasn’t a popular person and everyone keeps on blaming him because of only two bad performances: Roma and Liverpool. Those two nights changed his career but he wasn’t the only one responsible for those unexpected two heavy defeats.

oyeb15:
Anybody will win with Messi.
If PSG hire me right now, I will sleepinigly win something with PSG.

PSG is had never completele a season without trophy. Must is just too useless to them 1 goal in over 20 matches for league one.

Simeony007:
It's not good enough

let's see what Xavi will do, with the backing from Laporta

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Simeony007(m): 7:33am On Jan 28, 2022
It's not good enough
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by seborrhic: 7:34am On Jan 28, 2022
Trully, the dearth of dribbling talent should be looked into.
Much as European football has captured the world,the emphasis on technicalities has even extinguished players that naturally came with dribbling talent.

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Ohibenemma(m): 7:34am On Jan 28, 2022
Football business and the cycles... Just a few years ago, it sounded unbelievable that Barca could degenerate to this extent.

Na wa O! Just imagine what FC Barcelona has become!

Man U must rise again!

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Olarewaju89: 7:34am On Jan 28, 2022
Love my club die.
Whether we win trophies or not, my love for this team will not fade.

Even lukaku confirm it.

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by chickenfoot: 7:34am On Jan 28, 2022
Well take it or leave it, he had a good record.
Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Afam4eva(m): 7:35am On Jan 28, 2022
Valverde was not that bad. The problem was just that it was during his reign that Barcelona began to decline even though they were still okay and one of the best teams in Europe. The problem is always when clubs try to meet up to a standard that they were known for. It's similar to what Man U is doing, trying to get back to the Ferguson days without realizing that they're now a mid table club.

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 28, 2022
Why the complain? guardiola won more silverware here but never complained of anything. The team has right to appoint anxiously & sacked with immediate effect.

Re: Valverde: Barca Won 2 Laliga Titles But Nothing Is Good Enough For Some People by Latakia(f): 7:37am On Jan 28, 2022
Man United and Barca are the new AC Milan of England and Spain grin

AFCON 2021: Cape Verde Vs Cameroon (1 - 1) On 17th January 2022 / Pinnick Wants Victor Moses Back To The Super Eagles / Top 10 Goalkeepers In The NPFL