Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

How To Recover Ones Salary As A Nigerian Or An Expatriate Working In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Recover Ones Salary As A Nigerian Or An Expatriate Working In Nigeria (296 Views)

Tension In Foods, Drinks Sector Over Expatriate Quota Abuse / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / Offshore Workers Sent Forth An expatriate in TOTAL Offshore Drilling Rig (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover Ones Salary As A Nigerian Or An Expatriate Working In Nigeria by html14java(f): 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hi Nairalanders,
I work in a Chinese firm, (construction company) and today, one of my colleagues, an chinese expatriate confided in me and told me what he was passing through and seeked for a solution. I seem not to think of any, so i brought it here to find help.

The story goes thus; He(Chinese guy) has been working in Nigeria for some years now and early last year, he quitted his job because his boss owed him with one other chinese guy, 4 months salary. They both left without getting the salary. He today while we were discussing asked me what government body he can report such incident to, to help him claim his 4 months salary. He also told me that he has no offer letter from the so called company and their mode of engagement was just by chat.
So please guys, what is the best way to go about this and recover the money.

Also, I want to personally ask. Assuming as a Nigerian, and at my workplace, my boss/company refuse to pay me my salary/work done, which government body or office can an average Nigerian run to for help other than police to recover his/her salary?

Cc; Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: How To Recover Ones Salary As A Nigerian Or An Expatriate Working In Nigeria by html14java(f): 5:29pm On Jan 29, 2022
Please help.
The amount in Question is about N9m for the 2 Chinese

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, I Need A Job!!! / Unilever Nigeria appoints Folake Ogundipe Executive Director / Getting A Skill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.