Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (536 Views)

I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family / How To Increase Intimacy In Marriages / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by odinson1(m): 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2022

2 Likes

Re: . by Biglittlelois(f): 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2022
Ever heard of the the word compromise? Or is it only men that endure or allow some things slide just for peace to reign in marriage?
Re: . by MufasaLion: 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2022
Marriage is not for kids and selfish individuals.

4 Likes

Re: . by Klass99(f): 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2022

2 Likes

Re: . by odinson1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2022
Biglittlelois:
Ever heard of the the word compromise? Or is it only men that endure or allow some things slide just for peace to reign in marriage?

If you continue to "compromise", you will make the other party see you like a fool. Thus enabling him/her to continue misbehaving because you lack the spine to call them out on their bullshit

1 Like

Re: . by odinson1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2022
G
Re: . by GboyegaD(m): 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2022
You can't use two individuals to reach a conclusion. That said, every home has what works for them.

As a husband, there's no reason for my wife to divert school fees funds to personal use for instance based on the financial structure we run. For the other case, fixing it isn't because it is compulsory. He might just think it is necessary to do.

Most importantly, there's more than what they shared and unless you have more information, it isn't safe to conclude. Let them live the life that gives them peace.

3 Likes

Re: . by Biglittlelois(f): 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2022
odinson1:

If you continue to "compromise", you will make the other party see you like a fool. Thus enabling him/her to continue misbehaving because you lack the spine to call them out on their bullshit

Whatever works for married people shouldn't be a problem, their compromise works for them if it brings peace, and if the other party sees the other as a fool, good and fine, they can continue to be fools to each other in the four walls of their home if it works well for them.

2 Likes

Re: . by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2022
MufasaLion:
Marriage is not for kids and selfish individuals.

When they were saying for better or worse, they didn't think of bad the worse will be.
Re: . by Magnoliaa(f): 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2022
You can't use two individuals to reach a conclusion. That said, every home has what works for them.

As a husband, there's no reason for my wife to divert school fees funds to personal use for instance based on the financial structure we run. For the other case, fixing it isn't because it is compulsory. He might just think it is necessary to do.

Most importantly, there's more than what they shared and unless you have more information, it isn't safe to conclude. Let them live the life that gives them peace.

When a married person talks, you will definitely know.

2 Likes

Re: . by MufasaLion: 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2022
RoyalBoutique:

When they were saying for better or worse, they didn't think of bad the worse will be.

Many people do think it but I believe whatever we do in life, we can only hope for the best, especially when it's about love, family and friends. Sacrifice is not something easy.

(1) (Reply)

Home Clearance Sales. Come In Here!! / Dying Africas Rich Man Watches As Family Fights Over His Properties / I Urgently Need The Help Of All Nigerians Before I Lose My Father's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.