Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Having A Hard Time Combining School And Work? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Having A Hard Time Combining School And Work? (150 Views)

Strange Historical Facts You'll Have A Hard Time Believing / Meet 3 Female Nigerian Mechanics Who Shuttle Between School And Work(photos) / 2018/2019 Nigeria Navy Secondary School And Unity Scholl Entrance Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Having A Hard Time Combining School And Work? by ImahGabi22(m): 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2022
If you've every struggled to combine being a student and working online, here are three tips that have helped me while studying the second most difficult course in the world.

1. You don’t need to attend all lectures: During my 100 level days (year 1), I was like a normal student. Attended virtually all the classes and this was affecting the quality of work I delivered to clients. I barely balanced both activities. At times, these lecturers won’t come thus making me lose time and money. The point here is that if you study your timetable properly, there are lectures that can, and should avoid to create time for your work.

2. Delegate tasks: I’d like to put this point as, allow your money work for you. Imagine coming back from school by 6pm, you have to rest, cook, and at times, wash your dishes, and boom before you know it, it’s 11pm.

You’d hardly perform at your best and won’t do a good job for your clients. To solve this, learn to hire people that can take care of minor tasks like washing your clothes, and for the food, you can order takeouts, etc.

3. Don’t neglect one for the other (learn time management): About this time last year, I lost about 3 clients. Exams were coming in fast and I hadn’t read so much… I had to tell them and they didn’t get back to me after it was over. This L made me realize I should never focus on one aspect and neglect the other, but learn how to balance both.

The best way to do this is allocate time for school, often weekly and another for your client work.

P.S: I'm a freelancer. And I'm trying to build a community of those interested in freelancing. I share stories, tips, catch cruise and upload memes via my WhatsApp status...

Go here: https: //wa. link/zw6hoi (remove the spaces) or alternatively,

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-a6nFOVOeGvAiIPbs2bW9ye-OZS-QEwPHgfQFJ4A8fE/edit?usp=drivesdk

(1) (Reply)

Advise Needed Please. / Winning People's Mind / Joint Admissions And Matriculation Board (JAMB) Syllabus For Computer Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.