Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

How Can I Take Control Of My Website? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Take Control Of My Website? (1785 Views)

The Best Domain Registration And Hosting In Nigeria, Take Control!!! / I Need A Web Designer To Work On My Website / Hackers Had 'full Functional Control' Of Nasa Computers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Take Control Of My Website? by kollymercy(m): 6:24am On Jun 22, 2011
Hello webmasters in the house.

my webmaster has a bad attitude i guess

First he wont respond to the call/msg

I paid for hosting with a company and got the hosting info before a friend introduced him to me, and i did that because a guy was trying to build the site but was too busy so he asked me to do the hosting while he concentrate on the web, but along the line, he barely come online to chat with me on the skype again so i needed another webmaster asap, so this is how i got this guy,

Having said that, he wasn't really happy when i told him i have all hosting info but he named his price n i paid so he built the site. Since then i have been asking him for password info to the email he created info@, which he refused to give me till now, [over 2months].

Also, because i will need to make updates on the site i have asked him how to get this done but he wont reply, to make matter worse now, he called me few days ago that he got stranded n needed money badly which i declined cos i was rich myself on that particular day,

Now, i know he will be waiting for me to ask him for anything about the website so he can bounce me again.

Up till now, i don't have an email to the website, but i like the site, he did a good job so i don't want to loose it and the domain, my clients already knew the sites too.

What can I do?

How can I take control of the site completely from him.
Re: How Can I Take Control Of My Website? by DualCore1: 6:52am On Jun 22, 2011
Do you have the login details to your control panel?
Re: How Can I Take Control Of My Website? by kollymercy(m): 11:07am On Jun 22, 2011
Yes Mr Dual Core,

I do have the login info.

I really need help, I want to be sending email with d website and be able to update.

Thank you.
Re: How Can I Take Control Of My Website? by fd4all234(m): 1:24pm On Jun 22, 2011
since u ve access to ur cpanel u can create email yourself from ur cpanel then change ur password
Re: How Can I Take Control Of My Website? by Slyr0x: 7:49am On Jun 23, 2011
fd4all234:

since u ve access to your cpanel u can create email yourself from your cpanel then change your password

Exactly. .Just change the email address details from your cpanel. .Also change cpanel details if he knows your password. .That way, he has no control over your site. .If you have problems doing that, feel free to post here.
Re: How Can I Take Control Of My Website? by guru01(m): 8:25am On Jun 23, 2011
What if the web developer created an external email, that receives update from the website also if changes has been made.
Why not contact your hosting company first to see what they have to tell you?
Re: How Can I Take Control Of My Website? by Slyr0x: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2011
guru01:

What if the web developer created an external email, that receives update from the website also if changes has been made.
Why not contact your hosting company first to see what they have to tell you?

You didn't get what the OP said.
Re: How Can I Take Control Of My Website? by fd4all234(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2011
ever if the web developer create external acct, he can delete all the acct from is cpanel

(1) (Reply)

.com.ng Vs .ng / I Need A Forum Website / Something Great Happening Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.