Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:15 AM

2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash (18547 Views)

Top Boko Haram Commander, 55 Others Killed In Malumfatori, Borno State / Military Liberates Gudumbali In Borno, Loses 2 Soldiers / Elections: Lawmaker, 8 Others Killed By Insurgents In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by aljharem3: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2011
Chyz*:

Idomas migrated from which SE? Lol grin

am i lying and now u people what to displace the original occupant away from there land

well it aint happening angry
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Calculia: 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2011
[t
alj_harem:

am i lying and now u people what to displace the original occupant away from there land

well it aint happening angry

ROFLMAO
Wake up alj and stop dreaming of land dat don't belong to u. Territory have been shared in Nigeria a long time back predominantly by the hausa/fulani president anyway. Just wake up and stop dreaming.  grin
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by vicenzo(m): 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2011
ezeagu:

Or if the Fulani don't capture a whole city and install an Emir. shocked
You are the man,well said bro.

1 Like

Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by AndreUweh(m): 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2011
There is a solution to this menace. Firstly, every cattle rearer should acquire, loan or rent a rearing field. Must erect a a high wall round the field and must sign an undertaking that they must not unleash their animals anywhere except in abattoir or their acquired farms.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by toblosky(m): 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2011
diluminati:

has any body ever asked why the fulani men attacked?
Is there any time fulanis have reasons to attack.one cow dies and you will kill 500 women and children grin
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by ak47mann(m): 12:05am On Jun 23, 2011
one nigeria here we come angry

1 Like

Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by daroz(m): 4:30am On Jun 23, 2011
so so kill kill kill. These northeners, them no dey tire self?

1 Like

Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 23, 2011
these land thirsty hausa/fulanis are only using the tactics laid down by usman dan fodio to conquer more land for the north. thesame tactic that was used by tafawa balewa and ahmadu bello.

the question is how long will they continue to persecute and kill innocent southerners. if it is not religion today it is land tomorrow. i honestly think the southerners are too tolerant

1 Like

Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by thimbook2(m): 6:47am On Jun 23, 2011
maybe its time for Jona-boy to follow in the footsteps of his godfather,
afterall, it was quite easy for them to go level Odi that time,
routing a few towel-head fulanis shouldn't be a prob
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:42am On Jun 23, 2011
@alj harem

These people are adamant they will never comprehend your thoughts or they will comprehend and distort it. When you insist in telling them

the pristine truth they will label you and gives you names. The issue of Fulani herdsmen and farmers is not peculiar to Tivs alone. The problem is the

irresponsible government. Killing of an innocent soul is pathetic, May God save this country from this fresh Air, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Dede1(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2011
@OP

I am disappointed there are still Nigerian military officers of Igbo extraction parading as clones of Aguiyi Ironsi. Lt. Chinedu Anyanwu should have known better than playing a peacemaker between Fulani and Tiv. By the way, Ndigbo should look at the rumbles between Fulani/Hausa/Kanuri and Bachama/Berom/Tiv in the northern region as the case involving the hunter, partridge and hen. Only a blind man needs to be informed that war is raging on the horizon.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Dede1(m): 11:06am On Jun 23, 2011
Nigeria and most Nigerians are plain useless. The reporter emphatically stated Tiv/Fulani clash was along border towns and villages in Guma Local Government Area of Benue State. In the other hand, Benue State Police Public Relations Officer indicated the clash was indeed in the Benue-Nasarawa border but the area of fighting was not within jurisdiction of Benue State command thus the clash was in Nasarawa State.

A staunch professional approach to journalism would have elevated the comprehensible ability of deluded alj harem. grin grin
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by MMM2(m): 11:29am On Jun 23, 2011
2bad
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by aloyemeka1: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
Na waoh.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by ibgreatman: 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2011
they stole my sim card here is my new number 07053100583.for those of you that does not know me am smith if you want glo free call just flash me on this 07053100583.availble to glo only.

Free call
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by princemmab(m): 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2011
Lt Chinedu Anyanwu was indeed a gallant officer. i pray God strengthens the family of Chief Anyanwu. Emeka, Kingsley, Chigozie, Julius Anyanwu take heart on the bereavement caused, GOD LOVES HIM MORE
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by agitator: 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2011
The igbos are happy that one of them an officer in active service with a gun for that matter was killed, so much for the igbo might. undecided

you can't try that with the ijaws. angry
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Dede1(m): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2011
agitator:

The igbos are happy that one of them an officer in active service with a gun for that matter was killed, so much for the igbo might. undecided

[b]you can't try that with the ijaws. >:

When military combat and fearless issues are discussed, I suggest you do not mention Ijo. It sounds very odd in the ear to inject the word-ijo when military toughness and boldness are the subject matter. It was not too long ago in Nigeria the so-called Ijo nationality capitulated at coughing of British-aided Nigerian side.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by ezeagu(m): 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2011
agitator:

you can't try that with the ijaws. angry

What are they supposed to do, run to Sokoto and start chopping random people on the street?
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by pleep(m): 5:31am On Jun 24, 2011
Hmm. . . Northern nigerians are really good at defending their bretherens indefensible actions. This is probably why people make the mistake of generalizing them alot.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by namfav(m): 7:45am On Jun 24, 2011
pleep:

Hmm. . . Northern nigerians are really good at defending their bretherens indefensible actions. This is probably why people make the mistake of generalizing them alot.

& the actions of the tiv are defensible?
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by splashbaby(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
Fulani people self, must dey always fight?
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by jjc213(m): 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
how can kerosine be scarce
in an oil producing nation
with abundance of
petroleum and too much
crude oil. If u go down
south, their rivers are made
of crude oil. Their wells, no
water but crude oil. The
backyard of your house, no
grass but black oil every
where u go. What then is
responisble for the rise in
the price of fuel. If it is not
that Nigeria has tied it's
resources to this sector.
Our revenue now depends
on petroleum products.
That is not enough to be
fed-up, SUICIDE
BOMBINGS. The security in
Nigeria is so low that it was
to easy to bomb a Police-
Headquaters with out
being caught. A Police-
Headquater should be one
of the safest place. But is
clear now that they can
bomb anywhere they feel.
Pls what is our country
turning to? Is there any
difference between Nigeria
and the Middle-east
(Iraq,Afghanistan)? How
could Nigerians now be
terrorists, to themselves!
the state of the nation is
getting out of hand. I
heard President Jonathan is
"negotiating" with Boko
Haram, WHERE IN THE
WORLD HAVE YOU SEEN
THE GOVERNMENT
NEGOTIATING WITH
TERRORISTS?? it is outright
wrong! it is not done. They
said our president is scared
and wants the bombings to
stop. The terrorist will now
have a say. And after using
the billion given to them to
fund more explosives,
ammunition and some
more suphisticated artillery,
all they have to do is just
threaten that they'll bomb
again, simple. It's that easy.
If i join them i'll be rich,
because Nigeria has money
but are spending in the
wrong way. Note that the
Boko Haram -bombing was
not the first, there have
been other bombings
followed by a series of
threats, even MEND
owned-up that they were
responsible for these
terrorist attacks and at the
end of the day, an amnesty
programme, they're
pockets filled, they went
home happy. And when
they succeed squandering
those billions wont they
come back asking for
more?
The power supply,
electricity, it is bad that our
President Jonathan would
go out and purchase two
different million-dollar($)
private jets for his own
interest. Do you have any
idea how much one of
those jets would cost in
Naira? Billions! All he had
to do was apologise to us
after the deed had been
done, -'medicine after
death'. He should attend to
us, his nation. If he directed
that sum of money into
the power sector alone
there must have been a
change. Information i
gathered explains that as
long as Nigeria has tied her
resources to the petroleum
products produced they
must be a short suppy of
electricity. Have ever
counted the number of
generators burning fuel, if
u hear the amount most
factories and industries
spend on diesel in a week,
the amount is very
shocking, but where those
this money go, the money
spent on these petroleum
products, if Nigeria were to
'mistakenly' supply
electricity for 24hrs the
nation will go broke.
A change is what we need.
It doesn't have to be
voilent. Two wrongs cant
make a right. We should
not fight fire with fire but
with water, Love with hate.
There will be a protest,
next month, a PEACEFUL-
protest. We would be
marching with card-boards
in our hands demanding
for a change. You will see
us on tv but i expect that u
join us. And if you have any
other way which our voices
may be heard kindly drop a
suggestion here. A solution.
An idea. Thank you. One
nation under God, -GOD
BLESS NIGERIA, Amen.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by pleep(m): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
namfav:

& the actions of the tiv are defensible?
No not at all. But this article isn't  about what the tiv's did, it is about what the fulani herdsmen did.

Belive me I'm not taking sides on this, but you guys are trying to portray this as a reasonable response in a modern country.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by udezue(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2011
Fulani people are known to be very barbaric. They contribute nothing positive in the society. Why Tiv people can't protect themselves in a state where they are a majority is mind boggling. I remember how they overran the Fulani in Taraba state some years ago so what happened to their mojo?
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by pleep(m): 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2011
Are these fulani horsemen using guns or swords?
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by Harbb: 2:42am On Jun 25, 2011
For those of you that don't know, the Tivs have domineering attitude. In as much as they are the ones crying here, I can tell you that if properly investigated, it will be discovered that they probably started the crisis as it was said to be a reprisal attack. They (Tiv) always tend to dominate everywhere they find themselves. It happened between them and the Jukuns in Taraba. They claim that they own a substantial part of southern Taraba, comprising of Wukari, Takum, Donga, Ussa and Ibi. Can you believe that? I sympathise with them over what happened.
Re: 2 Soldiers, 18 Others Killed In Tiv/fulani Renewed Clash by tarano: 12:48am On Feb 08, 2018
It is not today...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Declares Tambuwal Winner Of Sokoto Governorship Poll / Court Dismisses Udom Emmanuel’s Appeal, Voids Poll In 18 LGAs / Governor Ibrahim Gaidam Approves N6bn For Upgrade Of Non Existing Airport - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.