Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 (2531 Views)

Specifications: TECNO Camon 18 Will Offer Triple Camera And 5x Optical Zoom / TECNO Camon 15 Premier (N95,000) Vs Camon 12 (N53,500) Speed Test (photos) / TECNO Spark 4 (N34,500) Vs Camon 12 Air (N42,500) Speed Test Comparison (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Freelancerx: 10:15am On Feb 06, 2022
Your friends that demarket other brands said Tecno was trash because all they were using was mtk chips.
atheistandproud:

I can't speak for others but I remember buying both the Tecno L9+ and the Tecno Pouvoir 2 in 2017 and 2018 respectively. They were both advertised as Midrange phones and I fully trusted the company and the advert. I didn't do any research.

What I found out was that Tecno used Mediatek 6580A on the L9+ and 6737 on the Pouvoir 2. These two were entry level processor that were weak and lagged.

They didn't stop there. They continued using weak SoCs like the Helio A22, P22, A25 and P35 on phones that were very costly. These are the Mediatek SoCs that people complained about. Myself included.

There was Mediatek Helio P60, P65, P70, P90 and P95. All of which were very good but Tecno did not use them. This was why I criticized them.

Now they have improved from using P22 to using G80, G85, G88, G95 and G96.

No one said Mediatek was bad. Don't twist the message. At least people buying Tecno won't spend their money buying rubbish. The way I did four years ago.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Freelancerx: 10:50am On Feb 06, 2022
tafat:
don't mind them, making it look like mediatek was a curse, let's see what they have to say now that their fav comes with the very same chipset. grin
they will be forming amnesia
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by atheistandproud(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
Freelancerx:
Your friends that demarket other brands said Tecno was trash because all they were using was mtk chips.

Your?

You see the problem here. You're here talking to me. I have addressed your point. Reply to what I sent you. You're dribbling to another direction.

You're not talking to them. You're talking to me. If you want to talk to them, get off my thread and go look for them.

My point is up there. Answer it. If you want to talk about other people, go and look for them.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by atheistandproud(m): 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kennydollz:
Oga athiestandproud, much respect o but when it comes to real life usage i nor fit lie, the camon 18 is much better. Went to get a phone for someone someone around November 2021 and his two options were camon 18 and Redmi 10. I don ginger the guy say Redmi dey better finish, on getting there i was opportuned to test out both phones and the difference was clear as day. The tecno has a better screen and a MUCH BETTER CAMERA... Redmi 10 camera nor join at all, truth be told... Other aspects i might agree with. The only downside I'll say is the Tecno is somewhat bigger. Thanks

I have read and understand your point.

You mentioned display and camera.

Now to the display. I mentioned that they both use the same IPS-LCD and the 1080p full high definition.

With that been said, the C18 has the brighter screen which in a public place would make it more visible. That's one point.

On the other hand, they both have 90Hz refresh rate but the refresh rate on the R10 has what is called A-sync. Which means it adjusts itself between 60-90Hz to save battery depending on what you were doing. The C18 doesn't adjust automatically and if you leave it on 90Hz, it'll drain battery. That's one - one now.

The next one is screen protection. The R10 has gorilla glass while the C18 does not have any screen protection.. Which makes it 2-1.

That's why I gave it the point. I don't know if you're understanding me.

I never said the C18 screen was bad. I hardly use a phone outdoors.

As for the cameras, everyone is complaining that it's bad but I have handled it and I can't see what's wrong with it. It uses a MediaTek processor. Mediatek sucks at image processing. The Camon 18 pictures I have seen are over saturated with color while the R10 tries to keep photos true to life.

If you like saturation, you'll obviously feel it's better, but take both pictures and zoom in. Then you'll start to see the difference.

1 Like

Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by atheistandproud(m): 12:34pm On Feb 06, 2022
Eyanbahose:
is the camon 18 made of plastic or glass? I mean the body which is the casing

This is what you should have asked instead of attacking me. Of course it's glass. You knew that already.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by hoilakes(m): 12:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
Obviously he meant the over pushing till d device gets heated to the extent of exploding

curry bomb!
Freelancerx:
How so?
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Freelancerx: 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2022
atheistandproud:

Your?

You see the problem here. You're here talking to me. I have addressed your point. Reply to what I sent you. You're dribbling to another direction.

You're not talking to them. You're talking to me. If you want to talk to them, get off my thread and go look for them.

My point is up there. Answer it. If you want to talk about other people, go and look for them.
nobody is pushing anything aside. What did you address? We are still talking about mediatek chipsets. Is it not on this same place you people were saying that the processors are bad or cheap? Samsung and Xiaomi are using the same processors and all of a sudden no more noise. We should be able to talk with facts and not with the sides of our mouths.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Freelancerx: 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
hoilakes:
Obviously he meant the over pushing till d device gets heated to the extent of exploding

curry bomb!
I see
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by atheistandproud(m): 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2022
Freelancerx:
nobody is pushing anything aside. What did you address? We are still talking about mediatek chipsets. Is it not on this same place you people were saying that the processors are bad or cheap? Samsung and Xiaomi are using the same processors and all of a sudden no more noise. We should be able to talk with facts and not with the sides of our mouths.

Again with the name calling. I dare you to provide me with a quote or screenshot where I ATHEISTANDPROUD EXPLICITLY SAID THAT MEDIATEK WAS BAD.

I'll be waiting.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by atheistandproud(m): 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
Freelancerx:

This is a post I wrote 2 years ago on the same Nairaland. This very same Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/5771618/mediatek-not-brief-summary

1. You have not and obviously cannot address what I have said because you're a hypocrite.

2. Samsung and Xiaomi have been using the same processor abi? I dare you to show me a new Xiaomi phone with Helio P22 or A22?

3. If the Helio P35 was so good, why didn't Tecno use it in the Camon 17 and 18 premier?

"You people" is not the name of any person. Come and say what you mean and stop hiding behind smoke and mirrors. If you have any guts.

2 Likes

Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by FryMosquito: 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
Eyanbahose:
which phone has this antitheft feature?
iPhone
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Freelancerx: 3:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
atheistandproud:

This is a post I wrote 2 years ago on the same Nairaland. This very same Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/5771618/mediatek-not-brief-summary

1. You have not and obviously cannot address what I have said because you're a hypocrite.

2. Samsung and Xiaomi have been using the same processor abi? I dare you to show me a new Xiaomi phone with Helio P22 or A22?

3. If the Helio P35 was so good, why didn't Tecno use it in the Camon 17 and 18 premier?

"You people" is not the name of any person. Come and say what you mean and stop hiding behind smoke and mirrors. If you have any guts.
Mediatek is what I'm talking about. Stop talking plenty sir. Are you saying Xiaomi and Samsung phones aren't using these processors? And we are not talking about old phones. We are talking about recent devices. No one is talking about P or A. So stop missing the point.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by atheistandproud(m): 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
Freelancerx:
Mediatek is what I'm talking about. Stop talking plenty sir. Are you saying Xiaomi and Samsung phones aren't using these processors? And we are not talking about old phones. We are talking about recent devices. No one is talking about P or A. So stop missing the point.

No. You are the one looking for drama where there's none.

This is what I said in response to your comment.

I have not edited a single punctuation mark.

atheistandproud:

I can't speak for others but I remember buying both the Tecno L9+ and the Tecno Pouvoir 2 in 2017 and 2018 respectively. They were both advertised as Midrange phones and I fully trusted the company and the advert. I didn't do any research.

What I found out was that Tecno used Mediatek 6580A on the L9+ and 6737 on the Pouvoir 2. These two were entry level processor that were weak and lagged.

They didn't stop there. They continued using weak SoCs like the Helio A22, P22, A25 and P35 on phones that were very costly. These are the Mediatek SoCs that people complained about. Myself included.

There was Mediatek Helio P60, P65, P70, P90 and P95. All of which were very good but Tecno did not use them. This was why I criticized them.

Now they have improved from using P22 to using G80, G85, G88, G95 and G96.

No one said Mediatek was bad. Don't twist the message. At least people buying Tecno won't spend their money buying rubbish. The way I did four years ago.

You ignored it and was talking about "you people". Who is you people?

If you're talking to me. Talk to me straight. There's no you people. My name is not you people. If you want to talk about other people, open a thread and call them out.

I have never spoken from both sides of my mouth. Don't you dare assassinate my character.

I have never said that Mediatek is bad. In fact, you'll never hear me say that Unisoc is bad, not to talk of Mediatek. I have been educating people about Mediatek for the greater part of two years straight!

What have you done? What have you done to further the tech community in Nigeria? How many people have you helped?

Come and show me where I said Mediatek is bad. I'll be waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Corroro: 4:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
OwoukoUrua:
But there's widespread complaints about R10 camera
I wonder o, and to think that they are comparing it with the Camon 18 just makes me laugh cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Corroro: 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kennydollz:
Oga athiestandproud, much respect o but when it comes to real life usage i nor fit lie, the camon 18 is much better. Went to get a phone for someone someone around November 2021 and his two options were camon 18 and Redmi 10. I don ginger the guy say Redmi dey better finish, on getting there i was opportuned to test out both phones and the difference was clear as day. The tecno has a better screen and a MUCH BETTER CAMERA... Redmi 10 camera nor join at all, truth be told... Other aspects i might agree with. The only downside I'll say is the Tecno is somewhat bigger. Thanks
this is what none of them want to hear, just so you know, this is a specific thread created to market the xaomi brand, but we know their disguise, the camon 18 is a better device, let no one tell you otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Eyanbahose: 5:09pm On Feb 06, 2022
atheistandproud:

This is what you should have asked instead of attacking me. Of course it's glass. You knew that already.
that is what I have been saying all along. But you failed to mention that in your post which was why I felt you deliberately omitted it for people to think otherwise of the brand.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Kennydollz(m): 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2022
atheistandproud:

I have read and understand your point.

You mentioned display and camera.

Now to the display. I mentioned that they both use the same IPS-LCD and the 1080p full high definition.

With that been said, the C18 has the brighter screen which in a public place would make it more visible. That's one point.

On the other hand, they both have 90Hz refresh rate but the refresh rate on the R10 has what is called A-sync. Which means it adjusts itself between 60-90Hz to save battery depending on what you were doing. The C18 doesn't adjust automatically and if you leave it on 90Hz, it'll drain battery. That's one - one now.

The next one is screen protection. The R10 has gorilla glass while the C18 does not have any screen protection.. Which makes it 2-1.

That's why I gave it the point. I don't know if you're understanding me.

I never said the C18 screen was bad. I hardly use a phone outdoors.

As for the cameras, everyone is complaining that it's bad but I have handled it and I can't see what's wrong with it. It uses a MediaTek processor. Mediatek sucks at image processing. The Camon 18 pictures I have seen are over saturated with color while the R10 tries to keep photos true to life.

If you like saturation, you'll obviously feel it's better, but take both pictures and zoom in. Then you'll start to see the difference.

I get your point bossu. I know these things you mentioned about adaptive RR etc. But the battery gains within 60-90hz isn't that big, it's not that noticable even. Alongside having higher brightness, the camon has better colors. GG3 is the only advantage the R10 has in the display department. Overall quality goes to the C18.

Camera is no contest. Mtk has weaker ISP, true... But same G88 processor does a good job on the C18. It's not even about oversaturated photos... The pics just looked better, better contrast, saturation, lighting etc. The R10 camera is just bad honestly. Put both side by side and these 2 areas (Display and Camera) are very undeniable. These 2 aspects i think should be worked on in your original post, it might be misleading. Just My 2 cents. �

1 Like

Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by atheistandproud(m): 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kennydollz:

I get your point bossu. I know these things you mentioned about adaptive RR etc. But the battery gains within 60-90hz isn't that big, it's not that noticable even. Alongside having higher brightness, the camon has better colors. GG3 is the only advantage the R10 has in the display department. Overall quality goes to the C18.

Camera is no contest. Mtk has weaker ISP, true... But same G88 processor does a good job on the C18. It's not even about oversaturated photos... The pics just looked better, better contrast, saturation, lighting etc. The R10 camera is just bad honestly. Put both side by side and these 2 areas (Display and Camera) are very undeniable. These 2 aspects i think should be worked on in your original post, it might be misleading. Just My 2 cents. �

Understood.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by atheistandproud(m): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
@kennydollz and Eyanbahose

I have edited the post
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Kennydollz(m): 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
atheistandproud:

I have edited the post

wink
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Sunkanmiwise(m): 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
Good comparison, the Camon 18 is well built
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Kayconcept2(m): 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Camon 18 make sense well
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by OlofofoAdugbo1: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
All I know is that the Camon 18 is a good phone
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by investigator007: 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
I really do love that Camon 18
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by investigator007: 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
Freelancerx:
I remember when Xiaomi marketers were always bashing Tecno and the likes for using Mediatek chips...
quick reminder, apparently the mediatek chip isn't bad after all
grin
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Kennydollz(m): 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Lol, see those people above grin them be like bots cheesy
This una tecno marketing dey annoying, haba!

2 Likes

Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by atheistandproud(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2022
Kennydollz:
Lol, see those people above grin them be like bots cheesy
This una tecno marketing dey annoying, haba!

They will not see all these ones they are doing, but will follow me from thread to thread, trying to hold me accountable to standards that they themselves won't keep to.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Kennydollz(m): 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
atheistandproud:

They will not see all these ones they are doing, but will follow me from thread to thread, trying to hold me accountable to standards that they themselves won't keep to.

The thing tire me really
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Eyanbahose: 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2022
atheistandproud:

I have edited the post
okay. Good
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Yinksy09(m): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
They are both good phone brands but the Camon 18 specs are cool.
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Freelancerx: 11:41am On Feb 13, 2022
investigator007:
quick reminder, apparently the mediatek chip isn't bad after all
grin
it wasn't bad. They had a problem with the brand using it grin
Re: Redmi 10 Vs Camon 18 by Idarachris84: 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2022
My mind is made up.....

Camon18 na answer prayers o......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Unlock Nokia 3310 Phone / Nokia Anti Theft- 1,3mb / Free Install Original Siri On Ipod4 And Iphone 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.