Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo (656 Views)

Drug Barons Assassinating NDLEA Operatives, Says Marwa / NDLEA Assisted Drug Barons To Ship Cocaine To Nigeria – Abba Kyari Opens Up / Soludo: Many Drug Barons Now Use Politics As Alternative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Ebubu5: 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2022
Published 29 January 2022

The governor-elect of Anambra State, Chukwuma Soludo, says politics has become a big business in Nigeria, adding that many drug barons and internet scammers have flocked into politics to avoid being arrested.

Soludo, an ex-governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria who won the November 6, 2021 Anambra governorship election on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, spoke on Saturday.

He spoke on ‘The Purpose and Price of Disruptive Change’ at the first graduation of the School of Politics, Policy and Governance Pioneer in Abuja. The school was founded by former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili

Soludo said, “Indeed, Africa needs a new liberation movement. The first struggle was liberation from the colonial masters. The second will be liberation from rentier politics and politicians. For me, there is almost a sense of nostalgia, recalling the mission and accomplishments of our founding fathers, especially as we contemplate the world without oil in Nigeria.

“Much of the existing social order is founded on competition for, and distribution of, rents. Oil and the easy money that came with it destroyed the social fabric and the elite created new institutions and political structures to maximize their gains. As the noose tightened globally on other rentier/criminal enterprises such as drug trafficking or internet scamming, many of the barons flocked into politics as the next easy alternative.

“Politics has become big business. Appointment or election into public office is seen largely as an opportunity to ‘eat’ rather than a call to selfless service. There is an army of rich (big men) who have never worked or done any productive work in their life and believe that it is their right to expect something for nothing.

“The tiny less than one per cent elite have a stranglehold on the public purse, sprinkling occasional crumbs to the citizens as ‘dividends of democracy’. The citizens themselves either out of helplessness or acquiescence join the party, expecting the politicians to dole out pittance out of public treasury as charity.”

According to the governor-elect who would assume office in March, Nigeria is now at a fiscal cliff with a crunching solvency challenge.

“Youth unemployment, insecurity, poverty, inflation, etc threaten the social fabric. Migrating to a post-oil world of 4th Industrial revolution and sustainable prosperity will require massive disruptive transformations and restoration of a productive social contract.

“Such disruptions will come at great costs, and could indeed be dangerous.

“Fixing politics requires talent and skills. But these won’t be enough. It won’t happen by lone wolves working in silos. It requires new developmental organisations – organisations/teams of believers, driven by defined ideology, purpose and character,” he submitted.

Source: https://semmatloaded.com/2022/01/many-drug-barons-now-see-politics-as-easy-alternative-soludo/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by NwaNimo1(m): 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2022

9 Likes

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by foryourmindnow: 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
Ah ah cheesy
adding that many drug barons and internet scammers have flocked into politics to avoid being arrested.

5 Likes

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by DispatcherLagos: 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2022
Tinibu will be like "why mention my name?"

6 Likes

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Godsouls(f): 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2022
Politicians
Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Valkrie: 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2022
Even ritualist cutting peoples head, priick and breeast...!! And you people think we would go anywhere with this our brand of democracy...!! I just dey laugh....all man come cash out and nothing more....!! grin

1 Like

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Earlystar698(m): 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
I can't help it but to laugh grin grin
Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by saintjimos(m): 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
That's a fact

1 Like

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Salvador1: 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2022
Tinubu comes to mind.

Afonjas right now

4 Likes

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by NigerianAngelo(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2022
Three Hail Marys for Soludo.

Many Hail Marys daily for Pius Anyim.

Pius Anyim for President 2023.
Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Invictuse: 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2022
Though this news is fake coming from a region where lives of over 82% of it populace is marred n ruined with same drug tells how not only shameless but despicable a tribe can be.

1 Like

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2022
foryourmindnow:
Ah ah cheesy
I laugh anytime I see this pic
Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2022
lmao

1 Like

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Leverage2021: 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2022
Tilumbu na your mate grin

Make him go London do him dialysis cum back first
Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Leverage2021: 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2022
Vickyvice:
I laugh anytime I see this pic
me I vomit anytime I see this unclean spirit

Your guys have violated my sanity severally with that pic

1 Like

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2022

1 Like

Re: Many Drug Barons Now See Politics As Easy Alternative –soludo by Investigative: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hope uzodinma
Hmmm
Festac fraudster

(1) (Reply)

Get Him Quality Diapers. Tinubu Is Sick, Very Sick! / Warning: Future #ENDSARS Protesters, Hoodlums, Aronists And Terrorists. Captions / APGA Has Identified The Commander Of The ‘unknown Gunmen’ Terrorizing Anambra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.