Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Engineering After Medical Degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Engineering After Medical Degree (529 Views)

Benue State Government Sends Thugs After Medical Students / How To Earn A Medical Degree From Home / Seye Oduyale Bags Medical Degree In U.S. After Applying For 8 Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engineering After Medical Degree by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hello guys,

I'm a medical student who is planning to do chemical engineering after becoming a doctor. I have a crazy dream. Elon Musk is my role model.

My question now is, has anyone ever done engineering after becoming a doctor?

In addition, if you have any innovative, inventive or entrepreneurship idea (s), I mean idea bigger than you, dm let's partner together to start something big, to make Africa and the world a better place. Think less about the funding, it'll take care of itself.
Re: Engineering After Medical Degree by yuping(m): 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2022
undecided So many degree to do what exactly. Professor here and there and even tooth pick cannot be produce. You can read and understand all engineering text book yourself, if you want to throw money away why not give to someone that don't have any degree.

1 Like

Re: Engineering After Medical Degree by sreamsense: 11:49pm On Jan 29, 2022
yuping:
undecided So many degree to do what exactly. Professor here and there and even tooth pick cannot be produce. You can read and understand all engineering text book yourself, if you want to through money away why not give to someone that don't have any degree.

You are talking rubbish out of ignorance! When people like you get frustrated in life, you want people to follow your suit. Why discouraging him from following his dream in life? Formula that failed to work for you may work for him. You seem to be living among frustrated people which is affecting your thinking negatively.

Change your environment and you will see great Nigeria engineers doing wonders. Some of them are now being given contracts to execute roads and bridges because government has started believing in them. Some of them are now comming with great innovations and changing face of Africa. Nigeria engineers are not there yet, but they are improving. With great determination and great zeal, he can make it where you failed. I have seen a medical doctor that told me how he has passion for electronic design, invention and embedded systems.

Although, he passed through ND in polytechnic and was good in electronic design before his father forced him to go for medicine. He was making cool money from electronic design, embedded systems and repair while in medical school. Today, as he told me then he puzzled his dream; he is now making big money in electronic now and getting contract with his registered standard company.

If he can cope with rigour in engineering maths, other related complex calculations and stick to his dream. He is bound to succeed and sail through. I have also seen another medical student who changed to electrical/electronic engineering from medicine because of financial issues and long leg from 300level to 200level in engineering.

She thought she would be getting good grades, after first semester she got many carryovers and got frustrated with engineering maths. She started regretting why she didn't continue with medicine where she was doing well. So, it depends on individual, if he can dream it, pursue it, surely, he can acheive it. Because you are not lucky in that course doesn't meant he will not also be lucky.

1 Like

Re: Engineering After Medical Degree by yuping(m): 7:27am On Jan 30, 2022
sreamsense:

You are talking rubbish out of ignorance! When people like you get frustrated in life, you want people to follow your suit. Why discouraging him from following his dream in life? Formula that failed to work for you may work for him. You seem to be living among frustrated people which is affecting your thinking negatively.

Change your environment and you will see great Nigeria engineers doing wonders. Some of them are now being given contracts to execute roads and bridges because government has started believing in them. Some of them are now comming with great innovations and changing face of Africa. Nigeria engineers are not there yet, but they are improving. With great determination and great zeal, he can make it where you failed. I have seen a medical doctor that told me how he has passion for electronic design, invention and embedded systems.

Although, he passed through ND in polytechnic and was good in electronic design before his father forced him to go for medicine. He was making cool money from electronic design, embedded systems and repair while in medical school. Today, as he told me then he puzzled his dream; he is now making big money in electronic now and getting contract with his registered standard company.

If he can cope with rigour in engineering maths, other related complex calculations and stick to his dream. He is bound to succeed and sail through. I have also seen another medical student who changed to electrical/electronic engineering from medicine because of financial issues and long leg from 300level to 200level in engineering.

She thought she would be getting good grades, after first semester she got many carryovers and got frustrated with engineering maths. She started regretting why she didn't continue with medicine where she was doing well. So, it depends on individual, if he can dream it, pursue it, surely, he can acheive it. Because you are not lucky in that course doesn't meant he will not also be lucky.
I love it when I see people call other people broke on Nairalan, no be everyone dey depress, if you really understand what I type you won't call me frustrated, someone that is seeking knowledge don't need more degree to prove it instead they become god's in there field.
And you talk about relocating I have stayed and live in every part of Nigeria west, south east and currently in north I'm civilized I have seen and experience things all you just type now is just all about money, I may not have enough but I'm blessed, I no dey beg dey feed.
Mr.
Re: Engineering After Medical Degree by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:03am On Jan 30, 2022
Tracot:
Hello guys,

I'm a medical student who is planning to do chemical engineering after becoming a doctor. I have a crazy dream. Elon Musk is my role model.

In addition, if you have any innovative, inventive or entrepreneurship idea (s), I mean idea bigger than you, dm let's partner together to start something big, to make Africa and the world a better place. Think less about the funding, it'll take care of itself.

If your passion is in chemical engineering, the best thing to do is to switching over to it now.
There's no sense in spending about 7yrs in a profession you have no passion for only to start afresh in the area your interest is.
I had a classmate in medical school that switched over to mechanical engineering after the first year, though, i don't know how he's faring currently.
Re: Engineering After Medical Degree by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 30, 2022
yuping:
undecided So many degree to do what exactly. Professor here and there and even tooth pick cannot be produce. You can read and understand all engineering text book yourself, if you want to throw money away why not give to someone that don't have any degree.
It's quite obvious you don't understand the post. Besides, I'm not studying in Nigeria.
Re: Engineering After Medical Degree by yuping(m): 11:49am On Jan 30, 2022
Tracot:

It's quite obvious you don't understand the post. Besides, I'm not studying in Nigeria.
does it makes any difference if you study in Nigeria, I understand your write up very well, I just feel why go all the way to study what you don't have passion for in the first place and change later, I think same thing is still going to happen again when you are through with engineering.
Re: Engineering After Medical Degree by Obc1234(m): 12:51pm On Jan 30, 2022
I love your energy dm let's work together
07036239237 my WhatsApp number
Tracot:
Hello guys,

Re: Engineering After Medical Degree by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Obc1234:
I love your energy dm let's work together
07036239237 my WhatsApp number
Ok
Re: Engineering After Medical Degree by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
yuping:
does it makes any difference if you study in Nigeria, I understand your write up very well, I just feel why go all the way to study what you don't have passion for in the first place and change later, I think same thing is still going to happen again when you are through with engineering.
You still don't understand. I'm not studying any course because I want a career in them. My dream and vision is bigger than that. I need to study both things. I love what I'm doing.

(1) (Reply)

Fully Funded OKP Netherlands Government Scholarship 2022 / Nothing Tangible Has Happened Despite Warning Strike – ASUU / Mathematics, Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.