Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Parable Of The Fig-tree - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Parable Of The Fig-tree (161 Views)

Jesus And The Fig Tree By Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman / The Fig Tree Parable, COVID 19 And The Imminent Return Of Jesus / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parable Of The Fig-tree by SPTruth: 6:16am On Jan 30, 2022
Luke 13:6-9
6 Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any.

7 So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’

8 “ ‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it.

9 If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’ ”

Happy Sunday everyone and it feels good to have you on this thread. In the Gospel reading above, we are hit by the reality of been a tree in the hands of the creator.
The Fig tree represents each and everyone of us, the owner is God while the gardener is the Gospel.
We are posed with a very important question, Are you bearing fruits for the Lord, or not?

What are you doing every day, month or year for the Gospel, humanity and for Jesus?

Every single person has a gift from God that He expects us to minister unto others, but unfortunately many of us are carried away by this rat race called life and we think our cause for been alive is to work hard, eat, die and pass on our properties to our kids. Humans like Apostle Paul, Mother Theresa, St Francis de Assisi, Kathryn Kulman, Archbishop Benson Idahosa, have carved a niche of themselves in history because of the good fruits they bore in their lifetime.

There are several ways you could bear fruits for God, e.g ensuring you give a certain amount of the money to the poor, widows, orphans, destitutes or church every month no matter how small, volunteering unselfishly as a member of a church choir, sanctuary keepers etc, preaching to others, even creating preaching notes on whatsapp and sending them out.

How do I find out what God wants me to do
Take it to the Lord in prayers. And say from your heart, Lord what would you have me do? What fruit do you want me to bear? And the Good Lord, who answers prayers will lead you along the right path.

At times, the answer to your prayers can be connected to the fact that you are not bearing any fruit. The fig tree probably thought its very green leaves were the source of its existence, unknown to it there are others who determine whether it continues to live or not. Same with many of us, who think our source of sustenance is our job, family, riches, certifications etc. While, all these are good, our sustenance still comes from the Lord, the owner of the vineyard. Hezekiah got saved from death in 2 Kings 16 and had his life extended by 15yrs because he built a temple for the Lord.
The widows in Acts 9 prayed for Dorcas to be brought back to life because of the fruits she bore towards them and God answered their prayers. Bearing much fruit can bring to us graces and blessings we could never give to ourselves, and most importantly, a prize in Heaven. The best time to begin to bear fruits is not tomorrow or next week but today and now. Imagine how blessed the world would be if each and everyone of us were working hard to bear good fruit. No matter how insignificant you think it is, it will change souls.

May Jehovah open our eyes to the reality that we need to bear good fruits from today in Jesus name, Amen

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/02/2022 / Is There Any Confirmed Cele/ Cherubim Church? / What Is On Your List?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.