Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

The Perils Of Old Age - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Perils Of Old Age (167 Views)

Why Are We Not Seeing Miracles As Of Old? / The Perils Of Ignorance / What's The Meaning Of Old Things Are Passed Away Behold All Things Are New? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Perils Of Old Age by jonatoye(m): 7:14am On Jan 30, 2022
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~ 

Focus: The Perils of Old age

WORD FOR TODAY
The beauty and flaws in the life of an old man depend on the people around him. The old age of a man will be good and his end glorious if he is surrounded by good and righteous men!!!
Scriptural Reference
"Jesus said, "Feed my sheep. I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go." (John 21:18 NIV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The intellect of a man from infant to old again is parabolic in nature. All men will return to child-like behaviour as they progress into old age and be at the mercy of those around them. You will go where your children and people around you want to go in the future and their thoughts, evil desire, mistakes, faith and righteousness will become yours.

We cannot congratulate a man yet, as far as fulfilment is concerned, until he is surrounded by men and children who have a purpose of heart to serve God and have gained the heart of wisdom. Train up your child, disciples, and people around you the way they should go because their destination is a factor that determines your end.

King David ended gloriously because he was surrounded by good people who counselled him correctly. They advised him to retire from going to war and he yielded. Do not relent until you ensure that your children and those around you are taught of the Lord and love Him in righteousness. Your faith, labour of love, consecration and walk with God will be a waste if those who will hold your hand at old age have not seen God in righteousness nor walk with Him.

+ What are your investments over those that will hold your hand at old age?

Lord! When I am old and grey, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Emphasis:
You will walk with God to the end if and only if those who will hold your hand at old age will also be walking with God!!!

Have a Cheerful Week Ahead!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Perils Of Old Age by jude5240(m): 7:57am On Jan 30, 2022
Thank you for this. Happy New Week!
Re: The Perils Of Old Age by EnemyofGod22(m): 8:22am On Jan 30, 2022
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Reflection 42: Unjust Treatment Offered As Atonement / 90 Per Cent Of The Things On Women's Body Are Artificial - Priest Says | VIDEO / Reflection 44: The Lord’s Gaze Casts Out Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.