Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,532 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. (21204 Views)

Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches / Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by RedCentaur(m): 9:15am On Jan 30, 2022
I just came back from service. I'm a Catholic, back then in my teen years, I do see alot of turnout of young people BTW 10-20 yrs of age.

But these days, it seems they ve left this church of a thing to the older folks.

What could be wrong?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by NoahHadNoArk: 9:27am On Jan 30, 2022
More people are quick to realise religion may be a scam after all, that may explain it.

My thoughts

200 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:33am On Jan 30, 2022
Are you kidding me?

And yet the church buildings were getting fuller by the hour, so who's making up the numbers?

The elderly ones?

Maybe you're speaking of the Western world but certainly not Nigeria, except the issue is with your church because it's an aberration, not the generality of the reality on ground, because Nigerians churches are filled with youths. Fact!

Except you're speaking of many them not being truly saved but church attendance? That doesn't fly for me.

God bless.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by superCleanworks(m): 9:40am On Jan 30, 2022
RedCentaur:
I just came back from service. I'm a Catholic,
What could be wrong?

maybe they find the catholic church BORING and they have moved on to more groovy and swaggalicious church where the pastor has benzes and porsche and plenty fancy suits to inspire the youth to MAKE IT.
They will also be able to meet girls in juicy sexy curvy outfits there and make connections with their fellow teenage guys who sag their jeans, wear earring and paint their finger nails.
dem no get time to hail mary again. dem want that sexy usher called mary to hail dem when they meet in church.
they got tired of reverend spraying holy water when people like odumeje is spraying dollars.

297 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Ebubu: 9:40am On Jan 30, 2022
Teens are pro-Pentecostals now, or not doing church and staying online on Sunday morning.

Teens are fleecing from Catholic and is mostly because of their unchanging, crude, unmodern and old orthodox doctrines.

Teens now are born as recent as 2005, hard for them to warp their head around 1,000 AD Doctrines.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:41am On Jan 30, 2022
The children are getting wiser and smarter than you adults who fail to think for yourself that religion is nothing but a bondage meant to cage gullible ones..

Modified: about 4 months later this graced frontpage.. grin..
Our famous Nietzsche is challenging humanity to assume the throne that they have already made vacant and he is reminding everyone of the responsibility involved in doing so...He is calling you all to become greater than your theistic imaginings..to become real rather than being slaves to an invented creature created to shield humanity from the crushing realisation of the power and potential they actually have...

God is dead...God remains dead...And we have killed him..must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

30 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Ebubu: 9:42am On Jan 30, 2022
superCleanworks:

[b]maybe they find the catholic church BORING and they have moved on to more groovy and swaggalicious church where the pastor has benzes and porsche and plenty fancy suits to inspire the youth to MAKE IT.
They will also be able to meet girls in juicy sexy curvy outfits there and make connections [/b]with their fellow teenage guys who sag their jeans, wear earring and paint their finger nails.

True.

Mostly found in Pentecostal churches of winners and salvation ministries.

Teens are fleecing from Orthodox Church like Catholic, Anglican and Methodist. Now a church for the oldies.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by RedCentaur(m): 9:49am On Jan 30, 2022
Ebubu:
Teens are pro-Pentecostals now, or not doing church and staying online on Sunday morning.

Teens are fleecing from Catholic and is mostly because of their unchanging, crude, unmodern and old orthodox doctrines.

Teens now are born as recent as 2005, hard for them to warp their head around 1,000 AD Doctrines.

Your reply was cold but constructive. I do think that way atimes. Catholicism is more like a ceremony, following age old doctrines.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by RedCentaur(m): 9:50am On Jan 30, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Are you kidding me?

And yet the church buildings were getting fuller by the hour, so who's making up the numbers?

The elderly ones?

Maybe you're speaking of the Western world but certainly not Nigeria, except the issue is with your church because it's an aberration, not the generality of the reality on ground, because Nigerians churches are filled with youths. Fact!

Except you're speaking of many them not being truly saved but church attendance? That doesn't fly for me.

God bless.

My location might be a factor, true.

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Epeegee(m): 9:53am On Jan 30, 2022
Who church help,pastor be doing business on a low,yet coming out to church and start shouting poverty die by fire

Why following someone that can't show you way

18 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by headSmasher: 9:55am On Jan 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by RedCentaur(m): 9:59am On Jan 30, 2022
superCleanworks:

maybe they find the catholic church BORING and they have moved on to more groovy and swaggalicious church where the pastor has benzes and porsche and plenty fancy suits to inspire the youth to MAKE IT.
They will also be able to meet girls in juicy sexy curvy outfits there and make connections with their fellow teenage guys who sag their jeans, wear earring and paint their finger nails.
dem no get time to hail mary again. dem want that sexy usher called mary to hail dem when they meet in church.
they got tired of reverend spraying holy water when people like odumeje is spraying dollars.

Yeah, your observations about the new generation church is spot-on.

I do visit them once in a while, I'm not the fanatic type. All I need is an avenue to worship, reconsecrate myself.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by MufasaLion: 10:16am On Jan 30, 2022
Ebubu:

True.

Mostly found in Pentecostal churches of winners and salvation ministries.

Teens are fleecing from Orthodox Church like Catholic, Anglican and Methodist. Now a church for the oldies.

That is because the Pentecostal are offering them what they want. Nowadays, teenagers don't wanna sit and just listen to sermon without something else to make the service more interesting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by RedCentaur(m): 7:51am On Apr 25, 2022
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:00am On Apr 25, 2022
Perhaps they're not fully convinced about the religion their parents handed over to them.
I attended the meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses last week and the youths are fully prepared to go out to preach and teach as usual.
Do expect them at your doorstep soon! smiley

9 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by RedCentaur(m): 8:52am On Apr 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Perhaps they're not fully convinced about the religion their parents handed over to them.
I attended the meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses last week and the youths are fully prepared to go out to preach and teach as usual.

Sure, no qualms.

3 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Amen, bro.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Amen, bro.

Perhaps you will welcome them now and allow them speak instead of banking on the things pastors told you about us that made you hate us even labelling us as "Pharisees" smiley

3 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Perhaps you will welcome them now and allow them speak instead of banking on the things pastors told you about us that made you hate us even labelling us as "Pharisees" smiley

Lol... Who told you Pastors gave me my opinion of you people? Besides aren't your own beliefs based on what your own Pastors taught you? Better behave yourself o. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:59pm On Apr 27, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lol... Who told you Pastors gave me my opinion of you people? Besides aren't your own beliefs based on what your own Pastors taught you? Better behave yourself o. grin grin

No wahala keep your beliefs while i keep mine! smiley

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

No wahala keep your beliefs while i keep mine! smiley

I really do hope you find out the truth one day and turn your back on the Watchtower.

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Nezzjnr: 10:52am On Apr 28, 2022
They don't want to remain in a place where they'll be told the Truth.

They want to be in a denomination where they'll be given a lot of motivational quotes.... A place where they'll dance till they get tired.. A place where they won't be told about Eternity.... It's really bad.

That's why I'm insisting that no church should change it's doctrine for any Man... If they want to go.... They should simply go

Cc mynd44

Lalasticlala

21 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:25am On Apr 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
The children are getting wiser and smarter than you adults who fail to think for yourself that religion is nothing but a bondage meant to cage gullible ones..

And half of them would be dead by self cide or murdered by their own mates another portion shall be imprisoned and yet another portion shall be impoverished before they are 30. Yeah, they are wiser in deed.

3 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:31am On Apr 28, 2022
Nezzjnr:
They don't want to remain in a place where they'll be told the Truth.

Catholic church and Truth is like calling a prostitu.te a virgin.

5 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

I really do hope you find out the truth one day and turn your back on the Watchtower.
I really hope to find a BETTER PERFORMING GROUP always! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I really hope to find a BETTER PERFORMING GROUP always! smiley

Lol... Max Max... My favorite Jehovah's Witness.. grin grin
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by iCauseTrouble: 9:41am On May 22, 2022
Not only teens. also we adults. Churches in Nigeria is more like a scam now. I now see pastors as businessmen whose source of income is their members.
The way these pastors mention seed, seed, seed everytime will make you think they studied agricultural science in school. I am a businessman too so I see them as fellow hustlers.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by SensualMan: 9:42am On May 22, 2022
Nigeria, an over religious nation yet a nation where unimaginable evil happens from the North that barbecue people in the name of Moe Ham Made to the brown roof Republic that commit incest, rituals and all sorts of Internet fraud to the South that are working asidously providing oil to keep the nation afloat to the Easterners that are angrily developing every part of the nation within and outside the country.
How will u see anyone in church? If not for the angry evening newspapers that make up multitude of church attendance.

7 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by SugarGirl44(f): 9:42am On May 22, 2022
The younger generation is less gullible than the older one, that's why.

Only the gullible ones fall for religion which is a man made scam.

Young people now have the audacity to ask questions that our parents were too scared to ask.
I mean, white and arab folks can't just write some literature and hand it over to us without nobody questioning it's authenticity.

To me, the awakening is a good development.

And I'm now beginning to believe that our traditional beliefs may not be as bad as they painted them to be, the problem is that we were not given the chance to evolve and refine those beliefs to suit modern ideologies.

I can't find a place in my heart to forgive Africa's invaders sha. They messed us up too much.

14 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by gaby(m): 9:43am On May 22, 2022
Wetin internet and technology no fit do does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by tbbt13: 9:43am On May 22, 2022
They now know better

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by caslem: 9:43am On May 22, 2022
Most of these churches are fashion centers and avenue to show off. It's better to pray at home than to go to church and feel oppressed.
The way pastors will now start announcing the major stakeholders In the church sef nawa.

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Loveworld International Music & Arts Awards (LIMA AWARDS 2017) Winners/ Prizes / Nike Adeyemi Writes Husband Sam Adeyemi Lovely Note On 54th Birthday (Photo) / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.