Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,335 members, 7,860,826 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

South East Killings : Kidnapped Catholic Priest’s Father Found Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South East Killings : Kidnapped Catholic Priest’s Father Found Dead (496 Views)

Catholic Rev. Father Found Dead After A Week He Was Kidnapped (PHOTO) / Woman Dies In Ogun Shrine, Police Arrest Priest, Father (pic) / Lagos Catholic Priest Sleeps With Lady Raped & Impregnated By Her Stepbrother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Killings : Kidnapped Catholic Priest’s Father Found Dead by wwwihy: 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2022
A mixture of tension, confusion, apprehension and mourning, has gripped indigenes of Umuakagu Nsu in Ehime Mbano local council area of Imo State, following the discovery of the decomposing remains Mr Damian Anyanwu in a bush at Ikperejere, Ihitte Uboma local government area.

Vanguard gathered that the late Damian Anyanwu, the father of an Austrian based Catholic priest, Rev. Fr. Paulinus Anyanwu, was kidnapped by unknown persons, on Sunday, January 23, 2022.

It was equally gathered that the late Anyanwu, who was described by some respondents as “hapless, loving and kind-hearted”, attended the Sunday morning mass, returned to his family compound in Umuoparukwu, ate his meal and was thereafter kidnapped by reply unknown criminals.

A villager, who spoke strictly on grounds of anonymity, said: “The man’s decomposing remains was found, three days after his reported kidnap, in a bush at Ikperejere, Ihitte Uboma local government area of Imo State.”

A close look at Anyanwu’s body showed that his neck was swollen and bloodstains were noticeable in his nostrils.

“I have not ceased to wonder how and why anybody or group of persons, should waste the life of such a hapless, loving and kind-hearted man. This sad incident remains a rude shock to everyone that knew Papa Father in his lifetime.”

Meanwhile, a gang of roving armed robbers have, since January to 26, 2022, reportedly descended on Point of Sale, POS, operators and their customers, along their Umuelemai-Orieagu-Isinweke highway.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/kidnapped-catholic-priests-father-found-dead/

1 Like

Re: South East Killings : Kidnapped Catholic Priest’s Father Found Dead by YorubaIsGreat(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
Money rituals and cannibalism are cultural things in that part of nigeria, so don't be surprised nah their way of life

3 Likes

Re: South East Killings : Kidnapped Catholic Priest’s Father Found Dead by chatinent: 3:40pm On Jan 30, 2022
Nigeria is a walking dead.
Re: South East Killings : Kidnapped Catholic Priest’s Father Found Dead by ViperAda: 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
SE are not sparing any part of the body, they are mining the whole body organ. Whenever I travel to the east, I avoid walking into any restaurant as much as possible. I rather die of hunger than damage my body system with toxins from human barbeque.

-Viper

3 Likes

Re: South East Killings : Kidnapped Catholic Priest’s Father Found Dead by headSmasher: 5:01pm On Jan 30, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Policeman Applies For Resignation Pic / Is Their Movement Of People Today In South East? / Don't Blame Deborah Killers :- Imam Of National Mosque Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.