Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) (1049 Views)

How Christianity Moved Away From Monotheism; The Difference From Arianism / How Christianity Destroyed My Sex Marriage Dating Life And A Warning To Others / The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2022
First of all, I am a Christian now, yea I know about our own traditional African religion, and of course, I am an African we had our own religion before the white men sailed from Europe and brought us Christianity and we all know the history of Christianity and we know about the old testament and I am saying this as a Christian because this is what I believe in now

I strongly believe Christianity saved the world and Africa, trust me I know the white men that brought us Christianity also brought chains that took us to Europe and S/America I know, but the religion still saved us

With this Internet age, we are beginning to question a lot of things in Christianity and many of you that follow the news won't miss the drama between Matthias and pastors in Nigeria, I watched him destroy the Bible because he confirmed that the pastors in Nigeria could not heal the sick people that he brought, lol

But when I look at the world especially the black man I believe Christianity saved us because I don't know what would have happened, remember how Mary Slessor saved the twins, many things like that and a black man would want to hurt you and he would think of God first and be like "I won't hurt you because of God", he does not mean he won't hurt you because of our African gods he means Jesus, so Christianity really softened the heart of the people.

I was watching something online about a country in Asia that used to behead their enemies and because of Christianity, they stopped.

But I just wonder why Christianity is not making them do the right thing it's simple religion is a personal thing and money is a universal thing

Look man I don't Carry religion on my head but I know there is a supreme being and I believe that

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/01/how-christianity-saved-africa-and-world.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2022
Mary Mitchell Slessor (2 December 1848 – 13 January 1915) was a Scottish Presbyterian missionary to Nigeria. Once in Nigeria, Slessor learned Efik, one of the numerous local languages, then began teaching. Because of her understanding of the native language and her bold personality

Slessor gained the trust and acceptance of the locals and was able to spread Christianity while promoting women's rights and protecting native children. She is most famous for having stopped the common practice of infanticide of twins in Okoyong, an area of Cross River State, Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by AK6464(m): 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2022
So true, even secular motivational speakers use biblical principles to teach people

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2022
AK6464:
True

grin
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Baawaa(m): 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2022
Jesus preached nothing but Love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by 1Sharon(f): 7:16pm On Jan 30, 2022
Are you kidding me?? You talk as if beheadings don't happen in Nigeria regularly.

Have you seen the ritual killings that make front page regularly?

Christianity and Islam has not worked for Africans!

3 Likes

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Aaronsrod: 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2022
Preach my broda. Tell dem o!

If not for slavery, colonialism, killing and repp of our ancestors how could any Nigerian dream of making Heaven talk less of sitting and reigning there beside Jesus Himself??!!

They suffered for hundreds of years but we have the Bible and life eternal.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by illicit(m): 7:25pm On Jan 30, 2022
The only thing religion saved is money

No religion is better

Religion aside, Jesus was a very good person
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2022
1Sharon:
Are you kidding me?? You talk as if beheadings don't happen in Nigeria regularly.

Have you seen the ritual killings that make front page?

Lol, not 100% but it did a good job
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2022
1Sharon:

Have you seen the ritual killings that make front page?

Lol, Not 100% but Christianity try
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2022
Aaronsrod:
Preach my broda. Tell dem o!

If not for slavery, colonialism, killing and repp of our ancestors how could any Nigerian dream of making Heaven talk less of sitting and reigning there beside Jesus Himself??!!

They suffered for hundreds of years but we have the Bible and life eternal.

It is well.

Lol, I don't understand you, I am not in support of what those white men did to us but they were right to bring us Christianity
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by 1Sharon(f): 7:48pm On Jan 30, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Lol, not 100% but it did a good job

It absolutely did not.
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2022
illicit:
The only thing religion saved is money

No religion is better

Religion aside, Jesus was a very good person

cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Starzo: 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2022
Jesus is lord

2 Likes

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2022
1Sharon:

It absolutely did not.

What of Mary slessor?
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by 1Sharon(f): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

What of Mary slessor?

Mary slessor didn't use Christian beliefs to stop the killing of twins. She used logic.

2 Likes

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 30, 2022
1Sharon:

Mary slessor didn't use Christian beliefs to stop the killing of twins. She used logic.

She was a Scottish Presbyterian missionary to Nigeria
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by 1Sharon(f): 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

She was a Scottish Presbyterian missionary to Nigeria

Yes I know that. She didn't use Christian beliefs to stop the killing of twins, she used her sense.

Your conscience should tell you killing people is wrong, you don't need Christianity.

Then again if you want to take credit for the good Christians have done, you must take credit for the bad they've done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2022
1Sharon:

Yes I know that. She didn't use Christian beliefs to stop the killing of twins, she used her sense.

Your conscience should tell you killing people is wrong, you don't need Christianity.

Then again if you want to take credit for the good Christians have done, you must take credit for the bad they've done.

That's why I said I don't carry religion on my head but I believe in the supreme being

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2022
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Christianity and religion as a whole didn't save Africa... It destroyed us.

The funny and ironic thing is that we (Africans) haven't even realized it yet.

It was a good tool used by the Europeans to plunder and attack us under our noses without us knowing it.

There's a saying online that says;
"when the Europeans came, we had the land and they had the Bible, they told us to close our eyes and pray and when we opened our eyes, they had the land and we had the Bible."

If you truly understand what that passage means, then you've gotten the message I'm trying to tell.

I respect everyone's beliefs but I choose to get to know God without passing through any religion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2022
1Sharon:

You're absolutely right... She used logic and common sense to make the people (efiks) realize that their archaic culture is barbaric.

2 Likes

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 31, 2022
Vulcanheph:
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Christianity and religion as a whole didn't save Africa... It destroyed us.

The funny and ironic thing is that we (Africans) haven't even realized it yet.

It was a good took used by the Europeans to plunder and attack us under our noses without us knowing it.

There's a saying online that says;
"when the Europeans came, we had the land and they had the Bible, they told us to close our eyes and pray and when we opened our eyes, they had the land and we had the Bible."

If you truly understand what that passage means, then you've gotten the message I'm trying to tell.

I respect everyone's beliefs but I choose to get to know God without passing through any religion

Ya I know what the white men did, but Christianity really helped us the issue is just these new generation of pastors we have now that have turned it into a business, Mary was a Christian missionary and she ended the killing of twins and she also spread the religion, funniest part I don't listen to Nigerian pastors because I don't understand their message

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Vulcanheph(m): 4:10am On Jan 31, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

Ya I know what the white men did, but Christianity really helped us the issue is just these new generation of pastors we have now that have turned it into a business, Mary was a Christian missionary and she ended the killing of twins and she also spread the religion, funniest part I don't listen to Nigerian pastors because I don't understand their message
I'm glad to know that you're not one of those brainwashed religious people out there, whose brains have been completely taken over by thier pastors.

I was born and raised in Calabar, so I know a lot about Mary Slessor.
I know that it was her influence that helped to not only stop the killing of twins but also spread Christianity on this region.

Even to this very day, a lot of Cross Riverian's (especially the Efiks) are Presbyterian Church members.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:04am On Jan 31, 2022
Lol.

Like play like play, you don dey carry Jesus for head oh.

A times no matter how much you try to detach yourself or run away from the truth, the truth will eventually catch up with you, and then you'd have no choice but to acknowledge it.
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by LordReed(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2022
walkbrazil4k:
Mary Mitchell Slessor (2 December 1848 – 13 January 1915) was a Scottish Presbyterian missionary to Nigeria. Once in Nigeria, Slessor learned Efik, one of the numerous local languages, then began teaching. Because of her understanding of the native language and her bold personality

Slessor gained the trust and acceptance of the locals and was able to spread Christianity while promoting women's rights and protecting native children. She is most famous for having stopped the common practice of infanticide of twins in Okoyong, an area of Cross River State, Nigeria.

I choose to look at it as good sense stopped the killing of twins. There were many Christians that came to Africa before Mary Slessor why didn't they stop the killing if it was the religion that had something to do with it?

This is one of the problems of religion, it attempts to contract good sense to external otherworldly forces and inadvertently robs people of their motivation towards reasoning because it makes them satisfied with crystallised thoughts. It's the same cause why Africa is backwards or was even backwards when these Europeans came. We are too quick to yield up the reasoning process to reach for soothing platitudes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by LordReed(m): 9:34am On Jan 31, 2022
1Sharon:

Abi o! If it was about Christianity then why is Nigeria the way it is, why isn't it a world superpower like the Great Britain Slessor came from?

3 Likes

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by killyaselfie: 11:42am On Jan 31, 2022
Mary Slessor - Saves twin babies from being murdered in one village. Ignorant Christians say the melanin deficient superwoman saved twins from being murdered in Africa.

The whites don’t even need to tell lies about you people anymore. The inferiority complex inculcated by your Christian beliefs do their work for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by killyaselfie: 11:44am On Jan 31, 2022
Mary Slessor - Saves twin babies from being murdered in one village. Ignorant Christians say the melanin deficient superwoman saved twins from being murdered in Africa.

The whites don’t even need to tell lies about you people anymore. The inferiority complex inculcated by your Christian beliefs do their work for them.

The bitch should have gone back to Scotland. Between the hangings, drawings, and quarterings along with other savage behavior in her country, I’m sure a lot of orphaned babies could have used her help.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by killyaselfie: 11:49am On Jan 31, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

What did Christianity help you people do except secure your position at the bottom of the barrel?

You don’t need to listen to Nigerian pastors, because you are just as silly as they are.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by 1Sharon(f): 12:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
walkbrazil4k:

You are still not getting it.

Oyinbos helped, not christianity.

The British brought infrastructure, technology, medicine, literacy. Christianity has nothing to do with those things.

They didn't use Christian beliefs to develop themselves or Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
1Sharon:

You are still not getting it.

Oyinbos helped, not christianity.

The British brought infrastructure, technology, medicine, literacy. Christianity has nothing to do with those things.

They didn't use Christian beliefs to develop themselves or Nigeria.

Were the oyinbos Muslims or Buddhist?
Re: How Christianity Saved Africa And The World (photos) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Lol.

Like play like play, you don dey carry Jesus for head oh.

A times no matter how much you try to detach yourself or run away from the truth, the truth will eventually catch up with you, and then you'd have no choice but to acknowledge it.

Nah, religion is a personal thing, but I am just saying if chiristianity did not come it would be somehow worse, the pastors today are the ones making people think otherwise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cele Church Are Completely Anti Christ - David Ibiyeomie Blows Hot Again / All Sin Will Definately Be Purshined For Either Commited as A Believer Or Not: / Mr. Deity And The Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.