Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

My N-power Journey (part 1) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My N-power Journey (part 1) (227 Views)

Tension Grips FG, Private Workers Collecting #30,000 N-power Stipend / N-Power Beneficiaries Donate Volleyball Court To Eweka Primary School / N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My N-power Journey (part 1) by Hushpuppies(m): 10:46am On Jan 31, 2022
My N-power Journey (Part 1)
Thursday, September 2nd - Friday, 31st December, 2021.

On the 30th of August 2021, I down-loaded and printed my N-power Batch C (Stream 1) PPA deployment letter from the cyber Cafe and proceeded to City Girls Secondary School, Enugu the next day for it to be accepted or rejected by the school's PPA contact person.

Getting to the school on the 31st of August, 2021, by 9:15am, I met the principal of the school, Dr. (Mrs) G. C. Amanoh who gladly signed my PPA letter and asked me to come on the resumption date for the 2021/2022 Nigerian School academic calendar for a subject and a class to be assigned to me.

First term, 2021/2022 academic year started on the 27th of September, 2021 and by 8:00am in the morning I'm already in the school.

I met the principal again who directed me to the vice principal, administration for documentation. After my documentation, I was directed to the vice principal, academics who assigned Basic Technology subject to me and directed me to be teaching JS3 classes because they will be writing their West African Junior Certificate Examination in a couple of months.

1 Like

Re: My N-power Journey (part 1) by Hushpuppies(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2022
The Journey :

I started teaching the same day, 27th September, 2021, and have been teaching subsequently, two days every week (Wednesday and Friday), four hours every day (8:00am - 12:10pm).

I have been taking JS3 classes in Basic Technology and SS3 classes in entrepreneurship and sex education which are non- elective subjects but very important to their developmental goals.

1 Like

Re: My N-power Journey (part 1) by Hushpuppies(m): 10:52am On Jan 31, 2022
The Challenges:

In Basic Technology for JS3, we have fifteen (15) topics to cover.
We added two refreshing topics from JS1, two refreshing topics from JS2, and four practicals.
In all, we have nineteen topics and four practical works to cover making it a total of twenty-three academic works.

Because, according to the students, there may be no third term for JS3 classes because of the junior WAEC, we divided the topics into two, nine topics and two practical for the first term and ten topics and two practical for the second term.

By the end of the first term, we succeeded in doing seven topics and one practical work.

1 Like

Re: My N-power Journey (part 1) by Hushpuppies(m): 10:54am On Jan 31, 2022
Without God:

In Basic Technology, we covered the following topics:
1: Processing of materials - Timber.
2: Processing of materials - Metal.
3: Processing of materials - clay, ceramics and glass.
4: Drive Mechanism - Belt and Chain drives
5: Gear and Gearing - Gear and Pinion
6: Linear and Rotary Motion
7: Airflow
8: Practical - Using wood, construct a saving box.

In SS3, we covered the following topics:
1: Blood groups and genotype.
2: Rhesus factor - implications of O-
3: The Nigeria of your dream (Part 1).

* On the 1st of december, 2021, the school started examination.
* On the 8th of december, I did my first invigilation.
* On the 10th of december, I started marking my papers.
* On the 14th of december, I started recording it both in the result sheet and in the student's result booklets.
* On the 17th of december, the school closed for the term.
* On the 18th of december, I became seriously sick.

Without God, I wouldn't have come this far.

1 Like

Re: My N-power Journey (part 1) by Hushpuppies(m): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2022
Achievements:

Though very stressful, but I was able to record the following successes:

1: Being in 7 classes two days every week, and four hours every day from September 27th, 2021 to december 17th 2021.

2: Attended Staff meeting on Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021.

3: Paid the school fees of 5 students, one from each of the JS3 classes who came top in test, assignments and practical work.

4: Established a cordial N-power beneficiary/staff/students relationship.

5: invigilated in an examination, a pioneer experience.

6: marked and recorded the results of my students both in the result sheet and in the student's result booklets; going through all their results and bringing out ten students that needs extra help academically in the incoming term.

1 Like

Re: My N-power Journey (part 1) by Hushpuppies(m): 11:00am On Jan 31, 2022
Prayers:

I wish to use this medium to thank the ministry and the minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Mrs. Sadiya Umar Farouq for conceptualizing the idea of N-power, Enugu State Focal Person, Mr. Ogbonna I. C. PhD, N-power family in Enugu State, and all N-power Batch C (stream 1) beneficiaries in Enugu state and Nigeria.

Secondly, my greetings also goes to the principal of City Girls Secondary School, Enugu, the teachers, parents, students and the management staff of the school........ Indeed, we are the City of God.

Thirdly, To my family, my beloved wife, Chinenye, my kids, Chikamso, Philip and Chioma for their love, support, care and encouragements.

Finally, to God Almighty, for the gift of life.

On the 17th of december, 2021, while going home, I stopped at the school gate, looked back at the school, the students smiled, the teachers smiled, I smiled, we all smiled.

1 Like

Re: My N-power Journey (part 1) by parkervero(m): 11:09am On Jan 31, 2022
Keep the fire burning, bro. People would not like the fact that you took your time and energy to chronicle your npwer(which is consider slavery empowerment) experience thus far.

Advice: while you enjoy your stay in that school keep an eye on a private school that you can work with to fully display your potential and add to your pocket.
Re: My N-power Journey (part 1) by 1F30M4(f): 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2022
Awesome, keep up the good work OP. God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Valentine Special Surprise Package @theivyleagueabuja / Touching Moment Between Graduating Daughter And Mechanic Father (VIDEO) / NYSC 2022 Batch A Online Registration Procedure & Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.