Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Discussion: Is There A Good Potential For Beans Farming In The South West? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Discussion: Is There A Good Potential For Beans Farming In The South West? (622 Views)

Soya Beans Farming In Nigeria And Best Guard To Succeed / Beans Farming / Bambara Beans Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion: Is There A Good Potential For Beans Farming In The South West? by LucidG(m): 10:51am On Jan 31, 2022
Hello everyone.

I've been wondering for awhile about the seeming dearth of commercial beans farmers in the South West of Nigeria.

I am not saying we don't have beans farmers, but we seems not to have a high population of commercial beans farmers like we have for tomato, cucumber and a few other crops.

What could be responsible for this?

And if there are commercial beans farmers, can they share their experiences here so we can all learn?

Even though I am not sure of a few things but I know that our soil can support beans cultivation and the weather shouldn't pose much of a challenge.

So, let's discuss and learn from one another. Whatever you share here will surely help a lot of aspiring beans farmers to come a certain conclusion.

So...over to you good people of NL.

Re: Discussion: Is There A Good Potential For Beans Farming In The South West? by betabread: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
LucidG:
Hello everyone.

I've been wondering for awhile about the seeming dearth of commercial beans farmers in the South West of Nigeria.

I am not saying we don't have beans farmers, but we seems not to have a high population of commercial beans farmers like we have for tomato, cucumber and a few other crops.

What could be responsible for this?

And if there are commercial beans farmers, can they share their experiences here so we can all learn?

Even though I am not sure of a few things but I know that our soil can support beans cultivation and the weather shouldn't pose much of a challenge.

So, let's discuss and learn from one another. Whatever you share here will surely help a lot of aspiring beans farmers to come a certain conclusion.

So...over to you good people of NL.

The problem with beans and other grains xonsumed dry is the window of drying, most bean farmers plant beans with late rain in September to november to take advantage of the dry season spell between secember to mid February...,,,,

Here in the south west we get silly showers in the dry season from time to time, for farmers that rely on sun drying this is a curse. One silly shower on beans during drying can ruin months of hard work and damage millions of naira.....

Thats d basic reason u dont get beans farmers in the south
Re: Discussion: Is There A Good Potential For Beans Farming In The South West? by LucidG(m): 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
betabread:

The problem with beans and other grains xonsumed dry is the window of drying, most bean farmers plant beans with late rain in September to november to take advantage of the dry season spell between secember to mid February...,,,,

Here in the south west we get silly showers in the dry season from time to time, for farmers that rely on sun drying this is a curse. One silly shower on beans during drying can ruin months of hard work and damage millions of naira.....

Thats d basic reason u dont get beans farmers in the south

@betabread... thanks for yoir comment.

As much as the points raises are valid,.I still want to believe there could be ways around this.

That's just my thought sha. Let's wait to hear from more People though.
Re: Discussion: Is There A Good Potential For Beans Farming In The South West? by betabread: 1:19am On Feb 01, 2022
LucidG:

@betabread... thanks for yoir comment.

As much as the points raises are valid,.I still want to believe there could be ways around this.

That's just my thought sha. Let's wait to hear from more People though.
Any way around this involves spending money on dryers, which the bulk of the farmers that plant the beans we eat will never expend..........

When one purchases a dryer in the south, it never makes economic sense to dry grains especially before trashing, when there are other crops with higher value like cocoa....

Anyway I end it here
Re: Discussion: Is There A Good Potential For Beans Farming In The South West? by Phoeberesources(f): 7:03am On Feb 01, 2022
Seedlings of hybrid Sweet orange, Tangerlo and tangerine are readily available for transplanting at phoebe gardens

Sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) is a fruit that contains large amounts of vitamin C. People commonly eat its fruit and drink its juice.

Sweet orange contains large amounts of potassium, which might help prevent high blood pressure and stroke. The fruit and juice also contain large amounts of a chemical called citrate, which might help prevent kidney stones. Citrate tends to bind with calcium before it can form a stone.
People use sweet orange for asthma, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, the common cold, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support any of these use

Message us on whatsapp
0701 862 3663

If you can water them 3 times a week you can plant anytime
Location Ibadan (we offer easy transportation to any state within Nigeria)

Follow us on our social media handle
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/semilore.olusanmi

https://www./640385153593149/?refshare
@semiloreolusanmi. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=1j7t2vld8hrv5&utm_content=431zb3q

WhatsApp

https:///BBvqTfYl8KB4b29tE4ZmXC

Nairaland forum
https://www.nairaland.com/phoeberesources

Jiji
https:///create-opinion/user4455206

Chat us on

OTHER SEEDLINGS AVAILABLE ���
Dwarf Pawpaw, Date palm, Avocado pear, Grapevine, Stevia, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Local pear/Ube, Miracle fruit, Moringa,Passion fruit,Strawberry, Mango, Spinach,Kolanut,Bitter cola,Stevia,Plantain (cameroon,elephant)Banana (Cavendish), Gauva, Ugwu,sweet orange, Tangerlo, Citrus Grape, Lisbon Lemon, Indian Lemon, Shaddock, tangerin oil palm soursop,Irvingia ogbono/oro, Neem/DongoYaro,Almond, Aggbalumo/udara/cherry, Coconut, African Walnut,
Breadfruit,Jackfruit, Noni, Bell apple, Sugar apple, Wanbugu apple.....

SEEDS �����️���
Watermelon, Okra, Tomatoes, Pepper Onion, cabbage, Lettuce, Carrot, Cucumber,rice, yam,Cassava,sunflower, flaxseed, sesame, alfalfa, jute, ewedu, garden egg, beans,soya beans, seedling nylon, seed tray, Insecticides, fertilizers…
Re: Discussion: Is There A Good Potential For Beans Farming In The South West? by LucidG(m): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2022
One of the mistakes many farmers make is trying to use money to solve all of their problems.

As far as I know, farming (and agriculture generally) is knowledge based. Your depth of knowledge will determine how successful or otherwise you'll be eventually.

Let me digress: Russia is among the World largest exporter of wheat. And if you must know, they once experienced a famine that killed millions of people (which was largely due to some wrong government policies at that time).

Even though they have less than a 150 days planting window, they're now among the top wheat producer.

My point is this: is it not because we think we've alternative to beans production that has made us a bit laid back in Beans production?

Re: Discussion: Is There A Good Potential For Beans Farming In The South West? by LucidG(m): 10:37am On Feb 01, 2022
I am hoping we can have a rich and deep discussion about this beans matter sha.

(1) (Reply)

50m Rain Gun For Sale / Price List For Poultry Feeds Call (09030836863) Ultima 12,000 Ultima Plus 13,500 / I Am To Choose Any Big Poultry Farm In The North For My I.t Placement. Can Anyone Help Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.