Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,109 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents (1233 Views)

Enugu Residents Cannot Bath Due To Water Scarcity: Pictures / May 30th Sit-At-Home: We Will Treat IPOB As Terrorist - Police Warn / May 30 Sit-At-Home: We Will Deal Decisively With Biafra Groups - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Biodun556(m): 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
https://leadership.ng/ipob-sit-at-home-we-are-complying-out-of-fear-say-enugu-residents/
Residents of Enugu in Enugu State have disclosed that they have been complying with the sit-at-home order being imposed by the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) out of fear of the “unknown gunmen”.

IPOB had periodically declared the illegal sit-at-home order in the South-East to protest the continued incarceration of its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who is currently in detention and standing trial in Abuja.

However, the leadership of IPOB cancelled the order following insistence of stakeholders that it was crippling the economy of the South-East and hijack by criminals.

Recall that IPOB has also severally announced the cancellation of the Monday sit-at-home order, but LEADERSHIP investigations revealed that residents of Enugu have continued to obey the order out of fear.

Attempts made by traders and schools to disobey the order in the recent past met brickwalls as there were sporadic shootings and killings by unknown gunmen trying to enforce the order.

Some of the residents told our correspondent in an interview that they were obeying the ‘order’ out of fear and not that they subscribe to IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu’s values.

“My brother, the truth is that we are afraid to come out because of fear. In the past when we tried to come out and do our businesses, you saw what happened. People were killed while sporadic shootings rocked some parts of Enugu. My life is more precious than my business, so even though it is painful to stay at home, I have no option than to obey,” said Mr Pascal Udoji, a businessman at Ogbete main market in Enugu.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by gidgiddy: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
IPOB has no sit at home, except the days Kanu goes to court, anyone sitting home every Monday has their own agenda

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Biodun556(m): 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2022
Ipob terrorists stop killing your people, you are agent of politicians who want to use you to negotiate 2023 presidential election

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Gentlerespect76: 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
Biodun556:
https://leadership.ng/ipob-sit-at-home-we-are-complying-out-of-fear-say-enugu-residents/
Residents of Enugu in Enugu State have disclosed that they have been complying with the sit-at-home order being imposed by the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) out of fear of the “unknown gunmen”.

IPOB had periodically declared the illegal sit-at-home order in the South-East to protest the continued incarceration of its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, who is currently in detention and standing trial in Abuja.

However, the leadership of IPOB cancelled the order following insistence of stakeholders that it was crippling the economy of the South-East and hijack by criminals.

Recall that IPOB has also severally announced the cancellation of the Monday sit-at-home order, but LEADERSHIP investigations revealed that residents of Enugu have continued to obey the order out of fear.

Attempts made by traders and schools to disobey the order in the recent past met brickwalls as there were sporadic shootings and killings by unknown gunmen trying to enforce the order.

Some of the residents told our correspondent in an interview that they were obeying the ‘order’ out of fear and not that they subscribe to IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu’s values.

“My brother, the truth is that we are afraid to come out because of fear. In the past when we tried to come out and do our businesses, you saw what happened. People were killed while sporadic shootings rocked some parts of Enugu. My life is more precious than my business, so even though it is painful to stay at home, I have no option than to obey,” said Mr Pascal Udoji, a businessman at Ogbete main market in Enugu.

It's really difficult for the people. However, a good number of our people understand that nothing good comes easy. You and everyone else should also know that MNK is not enjoying as clearly buttressed by Justice Nyako during the last hearing that the DSS detention facility is not a five star hotel. After all, we are all in it together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Awkabigboy: 5:05pm On Jan 31, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

It's really difficult for the people. However, a good number of our people understand that nothing good comes easy. You and everyone else should also know that MNK is not enjoying as clearly buttressed by Justice Nyako during the last hearing that the DSS detention facility is not a five star hotel. After all, we are all in it together.
The struggle has been hijacked , DOS is no longer in charge QED.

I'm so sure you are not even in the SE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by foryourmindnow: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2022
Story. Imaginary market people.

Katsina state and Ogun state has been hijacked by terrorists and Afonja skull miners you're here worried that Igbos voluntarily chose to sit-at-home in respect of their son who is under persecution by Nigeria.

Even police station refuse to open. Are they also afraid?

Lai Mohammed, tell that story to your fellow Zombies cheesy

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
Ipob Leader nairaland chapter, you want to lure People out so that you can cannibalize them?

Because the last time we checked, there has been Sit at home every Monday in Alaigbo and those who failed to comply gets cannibalized
gidgiddy:
IPOB has no sit at home, except the days Kanu goes to court, anyone sitting home every Monday has their own agenda

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Biodun556(m): 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Ipob Leader nairaland chapter, you want to lure People out so that you can cannibalize them?

Because the last time we checked, there has been Sit at home every Monday in Alaigbo and those who failed to comply gets cannibalized
I still don't understand the psychological make up of those people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2022
No mind Dem.

It's just a ploy so that who doesn't comply gets cannibalized
Biodun556:

I still don't understand the psychological make up of those people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Ezewuzie01: 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2022
The problem with Enugu is not sit at home but the lack of water in that town. It is a shame that Enugu people have to buy dirty river water at expensive rates from greedy tanker drivers for their drinking, cooking, washing and toilet flushing.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by helinues: 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
That no longer be news.

Next pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Blue3k(m): 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2022
Why didn't you call the police?

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Investigative: 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
they sit in ibadan and analyze what is happening in Enugu
Propaganda no dey finish
LET'S USE REFERENDUM TO CHECK IF THIS IS TRUE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Bounceboune7: 6:49pm On Jan 31, 2022
Any story from afonja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Bounceboune7: 6:55pm On Jan 31, 2022
Another story from afonja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by shortIGBOman: 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
I commend IPOB for this development. They must not stop till those People get sense. Na to come dey Chest beat for here them sabi. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Ojiofor: 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
Owobokiri will tell you people are sitting at home voluntarily without compulsion.Ndi asi na ndi mgbu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by owobokiri(m): 7:12pm On Jan 31, 2022
Ojiofor:
Owobokiri will tell you people are sitting at home voluntarily without compulsion.Ndi asi na ndi mgbu.

You don't make omelette without breaking eggs..
Kanu lost his father and mother and cousins to this struggle. Thousands killed across biafraland ..
If folks don't want to participate, they can easily disobey. I think the IPOB authorities have told everyone to go about their normal duties on Mondays.
My impression is that people feel a bit guilty enjoying themselves on Mondays when The Lion of Biafra, aka Onyendu, is in the hands of the vandals.
It makes sense if you look at it critically

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Allsouls: 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
Those calling Ipob names are very far from the truth, only in Nigeria people will blaming you for their failures.

"Achoba isi ochu eje n'uzu', what brought about MNK & IPOB?, It's politicians & Nigeria structure. So blame your politicians who have ruled Nigeria & continue to marginalize our people.

If you like blame Ipob till thy kingdom come it's of no meaning.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Ojiofor: 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
owobokiri:

You don't make omelette without breaking eggs..
Kanu lost his father and mother and cousins to this struggle. Thousands killed across biafraland ..
If folks don't want to participate, they can easily disobey. I think the IPOB authorities have told everyone to go about their normal duties on Mondays.
My impression is that people feel a bit guilty enjoying themselves on Mondays when The Lion of Biafra, aka Onyendu, is in the hands of the vandals.
It makes sense if you look at it critically

This is hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
People are lamenting and crying over the forced sit at home now been enforced by the new emerging leader of Iduu/Biafra Kingdon in the person of Simon Ekpa.DOS is now a sitting duck and I advise they shouldn't be making new pronouncements for any kind of order/ban because they have lost the war with Simon Ekpa already.They are no more in control of the bandits they created.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Awkabigboy: 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2022
Ojiofor:

People are lamenting and crying over the forced sit at home now been enforced by the new emerging leader of Iduu/Biafra Kingdon in the person of Simon Ekpa.DOS is now a sitting duck and I advise they shouldn't be making new pronouncements for any kind of order/ban because they have lost the war with Simon Ekpa already.They are no more in control of the bandits they created.
Absolutely you're right, Simon Ekpa is the new sherif in town

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by ayzTIGER: 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2022
Ojiofor:

you know one thing with you people is shamelessness. So millions of people are obeying the sit at home because of Ipob then what is the work of the police, can we say that Nigerian police are totally useless since people ignore them to obey IPOB.
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Wazobia2216: 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
shortIGBOman:
I commend IPOB for this development. They must not stop till those People get sense. Na to come dey Chest beat for here them sabi. grin
Of all the insecurities in the country, this is all you have to say

Some of you not only sound stupid but also think everyone is!

If you don't know, let me make it clear to you! Nigerians knows that the FG (DSS) are behind the happenings in the South East!

That you can take to the bank!

Modified
asanausana91:
stale!!!
[s]I believe it was the DSS we saw eating human flesh abi?
May God give you brain to free yourself from the imprisonment ipob put you into.[/s]
Was it IPOB that attacked Thisday newspaper and is still attacking the north

Use your brain before its used for experiment!
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by shortIGBOman: 8:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Wazobia2216:

Of all the insecurities in the country, this is all you have to say

Some of you not only sound stupid but also think everyone is!

If you don't know, let me make it clear to you! Nigerians knows that the FG (DSS) are behind the happenings in the South East!

That you can take to the bank!

E no concern us. Whoever is behind the the criminal activities in the East deserves an award. They must get sense by fire and by force. grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Wazobia2216: 8:45pm On Jan 31, 2022
shortIGBOman:

E no concern us. Whoever is behind the the criminal activities in the East deserves an award. They must get sense by fire and by force. grin grin grin
See the person I dey follow talk undecided

Spits
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by FreeStuffsNG: 8:45pm On Jan 31, 2022
It's your land and in all fairness, these reasons don't add up wink

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Ojiofor: 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
ayzTIGER:
you know one thing with you people is shamelessness. So millions of people are obeying the sit at home because of Ipob then what is the work of the police, can we say that Nigerian police are totally useless since people ignore them to obey IPOB.

Even police is afraid of terrorist so the public have no option than to obey the order from the pit of hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Ojiofor: 8:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
Awkabigboy:

Absolutely you're right, Simon Ekpa is the new sherif in town

IPOB has messed up Igboland and once that short engine in Finland takes absolute control things gonna get really rough.
Starting something is so easy but you can't predict how its gonna end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Golan007: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2022
gidgiddy:

Lies.

That's how Dr. Akunyili of blessed memory was murdered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by Golan007: 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
Allsouls:
Those calling Ipob names are very far from the truth, only in Nigeria people will blaming you for their failures.

"Achoba isi ochu eje n'uzu', what brought about MNK & IPOB?, It's politicians & Nigeria structure. So blame your politicians who have ruled Nigeria & continue to marginalize our people.

If you like blame Ipob till thy kingdom come it's of no meaning.

Same thing Boko Haram would say.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by dragunov: 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2022
Biodun556:

Fear? Igbos no de fear naaa! (Beats his chest several times and leaves the thread).
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home: We Are Complying Out Of Fear, Say Enugu Residents by asanausana91: 9:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
Biodun556:

watch it, these days ipob Will attack Enugu and put the blame on Fulani or DSS.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Face Of The Man They Mistook For Obi's Son Who Stood On Nigerian Flag / Oyinbo Woman Shares Video Of Herself Sweeping Compound In Enugu, Gushes Over Her / Bullion Van Spotted In Tinubus House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.