Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

Python Vs PHP - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Vs PHP (986 Views)

Python Vs C++ Vs Java. Which Coding Language Pays The Most? / Codeigniter 3 Vs Php Laravel 5.8 : Which One Will You Go For? / Python Vs Php (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Vs PHP by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 01, 2022
This is a thread to simply discuss this two powerful languages, python is today's most Popular language although still runs slower than C it has been used considerably for AI and Machine learning. On the Other Side, PHP has been around for quite some time and has powered millons of big sites including Facebook and Nairaland,

Now this may be of help to Beginners , and intermediates , with my experience PHP Is more flexible to learn and easier to make something out of it than python,

As a beginning Programmer , PHP knowledge exposes you to better chances of jobs and thereabout. But python doesn't really do well in Nigeria if you are to get a job here that's why most of us resort to turing and Fiverr for gigs.

PHP can be learnt in a day believe me but I cant say SamE for python. Although PHP is a server side language it is still underrated and undiscovered.

Python offers object oriented programming which PHP also does, so to the more bigger developers , what do you think about python and PHP?

If you are just entering the programming world take my advice and learn Php , before python then JavaScript..

Php syntax can help you understand every other language ... Argue with your time
Re: Python Vs PHP by LikeAking: 10:16am On Feb 01, 2022
PHP can be learnt in a day.

Na joke?

1 Like

Re: Python Vs PHP by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 01, 2022
LikeAking:
PHP can be learnt in a day.

Na joke?

Forget bro, you just need the complete set up , your computer , your educational tool, xampp properly installed and running, notepad++ , that's all.. then you just need the right learning tool. A book precisely can make learning and practicing a perfect gane
Re: Python Vs PHP by Karleb(m): 10:23am On Feb 01, 2022
Please let's stop this stupid language comparison.

It doesn't make sense. It's 2022.

The only reason why anyone should talk bad about a language or tool or programming concept in general is if they don't offer much in terms of job, even at that, there should be limits.

It used to be don't learn PHP because Python is simpler, now, it's learn PHP first because Python is harder. What nonsense is this?

You can't learn HTML in a day. There is a reason why seasoned front-end developers still Google HTML tags sometimes.

6 Likes

Re: Python Vs PHP by LikeAking: 10:25am On Feb 01, 2022
McProspero:

Forget bro, you just need the complete set up , your computer , your educational tool, xampp properly installed and running, notepad++ , that's all.. then you just need the right learning tool. A book precisely can make learning and practicing a perfect gane

U dey joke.

1 Like

Re: Python Vs PHP by Karleb(m): 10:28am On Feb 01, 2022
LikeAking:

U dey joke.

Pay that guy no serious attention.

On a windows environment, Python is easier to set up than PHP.

I also believe Python is easier to learn but you can't learn Python in a day, or a week or a month.
Re: Python Vs PHP by etoluw: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
Karleb:

Pay that guy no serious attention.

On a windows environment, Python is easier to set up than PHP.

I also believe Python is easier to learn but you can't learn Python in a day, or a week or a month.

PHP is also easy to setup using wamp/xammp etc.

Even if you want to install apache/php/mysql. The process is very easy.
Re: Python Vs PHP by Karleb(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
etoluw:

Python setup is easier on windows. That's what I said.

1 Like

Re: Python Vs PHP by biz2get(m): 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2022
etoluw:

for a starter, do you know how long it takes to install php without Xampp on windows and Use Via cli? A LOT!!!

1 Like

Re: Python Vs PHP by bedfordng(m): 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2022
This guy is really joking when he said PHP can be learnt in a day. Na wa.

Python syntax is more simple than PHP on biginner level.

Learning PHP gives you hedge to develop web apps without needing too many setup on webhosting and frameworks, also for getting gigs.

Moreover, you can't really be comparing python and PHP as both of them does different things entirely . PHP is mostly for web while python can actually be used for anything you can think of.

Your comparison should have been python, java, go, rubby, rust etc. Not with PHP.

1 Like

Re: Python Vs PHP by qtguru(m): 6:51am On Feb 06, 2022
Seems we have PHP people, anyone looking for a PHP job full time and a good company, it's for a Product on the store, the CEO wants me to find developers.

3 Likes

Re: Python Vs PHP by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 06, 2022
qtguru:
Seems we have PHP people, anyone looking for a PHP job full time and a good company, it's for a Product on the store, the CEO wants me to find developers.

Contact info

(1) (Reply)

First Step On How To Be An App Developer / Have A Look At This Stunning Portfolio I Build Using Windows 11 UI / How Do You Learn Your Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.