Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Between Saints And Sinners In Ideato Nation By Chidiebere Heavens Agwunobi Esq. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Saints And Sinners In Ideato Nation By Chidiebere Heavens Agwunobi Esq. (215 Views)

EFCC Arrests Emmanuel Dike Chidiebere Who Is On FBI Wanted-List In Enugu / Hisbah Conducts Door-to-door Search For ‘Sinners’ In Kano (photos) / Egwu Chidiebere Goodluck Resgins From Umahi’s Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Saints And Sinners In Ideato Nation By Chidiebere Heavens Agwunobi Esq. by Ivegotsolutions(m): 12:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
" BETWEEN SAINTS AND SINNERS IN IDEATO NATION "

I've come to the SINNERS PURIFICATION CONFERENCE being poetically exhumed by my brother and dependable ally, Nze, Dr. Modesty Ezenwa ( Akwaa Akwuru, Umuobom ), and as a social commentator and attorney, to play what looters accomplices here call "busy body." Instead of seeking the sacrament of redemption, though, or the purgatory of political hiatus, we are being insulted by their hypocrisy to serve the people of Ideato Nation even when our deplorable situation could be traced to their shameless greed and avarice.

There is no doubt that these people are unconscionable, callous, and unrepentant. Unfortunately, Sen. Rochas Okorocha became the signpost for everything bad in Ideato Nation ( after all, the buck stops at his table ) while the villains that supervised the dilapidated school structures, erosion ravaged boulevards, and death dispensary health centers have become the latter-day saints unabashedly gallivanting to retain or snatch the map to some ersatz treasure. The terrain isn't promising because the buried bones and files will be exhumed.

Everywhere on Whatsapp platforms, sycophants, fussy, grubby 'apex' leaders, pseudo 'honorable', political contractors are seething on the next elections consoles skidding into patchily damaged characters as the savior of the dammed. Political wisdom pegs the current activities as a bunch of looters and nerds feeding fantasies to the traumatized citizenry, sociopaths, poorly educated, and illiterates.

While I meet plenty of friendly development-oriented and delightful Ndi Ideato Nation, there's enough cruel truth in the stereotype to keep it slouching into my mind. Integrity, service, and humility don't appear to be the people's ambrosia.

Meanwhile, when you meet the vuvuzelas offline, they confess that some of the political holders and pretender usurpers are unsuitable for political offices. Beyond its clever, nasty truth between saints and sinners, politics feels fitting for the times, a game in which all victories are both self-serving and degrading. It's hardly the bright grail that triumphs, but there's excitement and cultural significance in its vertiginous, visceral badness. As for service, the thing is hell on wheels.

I come in peace ✌️.

Chidiebere Heavens Agwunobi Esq.

(1) (Reply)

THROWBACK: 2023: Sorry For Any Party That Fields A Southerner - Arewa Youths / Currently Broke / What Should Be The Priority Of The Next President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.