Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew (807 Views)

Governor Emmanuel Receives Umo Eno, The Akwa Ibom Governor-Elect / Umo Eno Kneels Down As Governor Udom Annoints Him As Successor (Photo) / 2023: Udom Presents Umo Eno As ‘God Anointed’ Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew by edikandavid(m): 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
Since Sunday, January 30th, 2022, when Governor Udom Emmanuel unveiled Pastor Umo Eno, the current Honourable Commissioner For Lands and Water Resources, most have engaged in conjectures in their attempt to unravel and deconstruct who the highly respected and God-fearing entrepreneur cum politician truly is.

During the Thanksgiving Service he held last year at his village in Ikot Ekpene Udo, Nsit Ubium , Pastor Umo Eno had drawn tears from those who had turned up for the service with the emotionally compelling story of his life. He had started by quoting from St. Luke’s Gospel, Chapter 1 verses 46- “And Mary said “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Saviour, for He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant. For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.”

He went on to tell the story of his life “Standing here this afternoon, to give thanks to God, I cannot help but get a little emotional. I was born in the Police barracks and those of you who understand how dreary life in the barracks especially in the years I grew up there, can be, will understand what I am talking about. In those days, I saw and experienced darker and dreary days, when hope seemed a distant object and all around appeared to be conditioned to bring out the worst instincts in you, but through the will to succeed and to overcome, I summoned hope and God answered my prayers.
I was the one many thought will amount to nothing. They said I will be a failure, that there was no need to even try lending a helping hand, but I summoned hope and God answered my prayers. I lost my father when I was young, and all seemed bleak, but my late Mother, a true Amazon, summoned hope and went on her knees to pray and God answered her prayers. Today, God has blessed me in many ways words cannot describe.
My story represents the ultimate vindication of those who trust in the Lord in accordance with Psalm 125 that “those who trust in the lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.”

"If the child of a lowly maidservant like me could overcome and thrive, you too, can and you will!
"To those of you who may be struggling to put food on the table, if I overcame, you too can! To those who may have given up on life because of the circumstances you currently find yourself, if I overcame, believe me, you too can!

"To the youths of Akwa Ibom State, my story is your story. I could have joined bad companies; I could have been recruited to engage in unholy activities, but I embraced hope, and hope brought opportunities, and I tapped into those opportunities because I was READY. If I overcame, you too, can! Don’t let anyone tell you violence is the way out of your current situation, that joining gangs and unleashing mayhem is the pathway for success. I want you to reject such notions and incitements and be inspired by my story. Again, let me repeat, my story is your story. If I overcame all of life’s vicissitudes to stand before you here today, on this historic moment, believe me, you too, can!

"Together, we will continue to inspire hope in our people; we will continue to summon them to rise to the faith of their greatness. We will continue to ensure that our children are trained for the globalised market place of ideas and opportunities."
Last night, shortly after he was announced as his preferred successor by Governor Udom Emmanuel, he pledged to continue with the giant strides of the current administration across sectors. “In the last six plus years, His Excellency, Governor Udom Emmanuel has shown in practical terms that what was once thought impossible can be made possible. We have seen those giant strides through Industrialisation, Aviation Development, Roads and other Infrastructural Expansion, Healthcare Delivery, Power, Human Capital Development, Agriculture, Food Security and Sufficiency, Maintenance of Peace and Security, Rural and Riverine Development, Youth and Women Empowerment, Sports Development, Tourism etc. I pledge to you that we will continue with these developmental strides.

"I call on you all my Brothers and Sisters in the political space to join me on this speed train of development, which His Excellency, Governor Udom Emmanuel has been the Lead- Driver in the last six years plus and whose engine is raving and accelerating steadily . I promise to be as steady a hand on the wheel as God will allow me.

"We are on a 'Forward Ever, Backward never' course, and we will NEVER go back to those days of insecurity in our State, where people were pulled out from churches, kidnapped and murdered. Akwa Ibom State and her people have gone beyond those years and will REJECT anyone who wants to govern us through violence. All my life, I have been like the Biblical David tending the sheep in the field, and focusing on my assigned duties and responsibilities. Little did I know that God Almighty has even greater and higher responsibilities for me, to prepare me for His Glorious and fulfilling days ahead on the next level of the Akwa Ibom Project.

"I have never solicited for what we are witnessing today, and I consider myself the least qualified of all the other contenders for this assignment. However, I find solace in the popular maxim of my Boss, the Governor that when God calls, he qualifies. I hereby offer myself as an instrument in the Hands of God Almighty, to be used by Him in achieving His continuous Glorious plans for Akwa Abasi Ibom State and her people. I want to assure all that we remain committed to running an inclusive campaign based in issues germane to our development, not on acrimonious posturing. We will run a campaign where the cords of unity and brotherhood will remain the enduring articles of faith. This is our moment of continuity and I know together, and with God’s ever Invisible Hands, we will continue to overcome and ring true the inspiring words of Barack Obama “Yes, we can.”

Mr. Akpata writes from Uyo

Re: Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew by Akacollins7: 3:18pm On Feb 01, 2022
Not by whom the governor anointed. He should ask Fayose of Ekiti and Adams of Edo
Re: Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew by Penguin2: 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Is he an albino?
Re: Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew by yaki84: 4:07pm On Feb 01, 2022
He never told us how he made it...
Abi na me no sabi read?
Re: Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew by Unigrad: 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
He never lobby in for it?
Is this politician truthful? Dem dey get governorship endorsement like that?
Re: Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew by Bucky001(m): 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
State PDP image makers will find it very difficult to sell you to the people.

Udom is a stingy man. We all know that..
...but you're obviously stingier than your boss and the affliction will arise the second time
Re: Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew by Bucky001(m): 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
State PDP image makers will find it very difficult to sell you to the people.

Udom is a stingy man. We all know that..
...but you're obviously stingier than your boss and the affliction will not arise the second time
Re: Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew by JAMO84: 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
Na small remain, the man for be albino.

Meanwhile, you won't see PDP Dundees condemning Godfatherism on this one, because it's not Tinubu or Oshiomole.
Re: Revealed! The Pastor Umo Eno The World Never Knew by proxitaly: 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2022
Pastor of all Nations church and owner of Royalty hotels Eket
He's a good business man at least that's the little I know about him

(1) (Reply)

Military Know Location Of Terrorists - El Rufai / 2023: If We Don't Win This Election, Forget PDP -wike / Enugu, From A Forest To A Model City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.