Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? (580 Views)

Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? / Programming Without Stress: The Easiest Way To Learn Programming / Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by digitite: 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
Share your Experience.
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Hashabiah: 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
It's not been easy o. I just started learning HTML and CSS on sololearn using an android phone ,and although it's been super easy to understand, the practical aspects once it comes to using a computer have been quite different. cry
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by digitite: 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hashabiah:
It's not been easy o. I just started learning HTML and CSS on sololearn using an android phone ,and although it's been super easy to understand, the practical aspects once it comes to using a computer have been quite different. cry

Really. What's the difference ?
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Hashabiah: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
digitite:

Really. What's the difference ?
For example , like when it comes writing html tags and implementing what's been learnt it's an entirely different ball-game when compared to doing the same thing on a PC
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2022
This is like asking if you can program play station 4 games on a playstation 4 instead of a computer. There are a few things you can do but you ultimately need a computer.

1 Like

Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by digitite: 6:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hashabiah:
For example , like when it comes writing html tags and implementing what's been learnt it's an entirely different ball-game when compared to doing the same thing on a PC

True. Do you think upcoming versions of the programming languages could change things in the future ?
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by digitite: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
This is like asking if you can program play station 4 games on a playstation 4 instead of a computer. There are a few things you can do but you ultimately need a computer.

Smart phone companies or perhaps Developers could create tools that would make it possible to program or develop App or websites without the use of a PC.
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
digitite:

Smart phone companies or perhaps Developers could create tools that would make it possible to program or develop App or websites without the use of a PC.

Ultimately you need a PC. Console games have dev kits that you can use to write some code but you need a PC ultimately. Machines too have their own dev kits you can use to write a few blocks of code but ultimately you need a computer or you playing.

1 Like

Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Hashabiah: 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2022
digitite:

True. Do you think upcoming versions of the programming languages could change things in the future ?
With the way tech is going, of course but on the flipside , AI could replace coding
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by airsaylongcome: 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
Can you learn to drive without a car?

Our educational system that over emphasises theory is the bane of our problem. Theoretically, theory and practice are supposed to be the same, in practice they aren't.

AND NO, YOU CANNOT LEARN TO PROGRAM WITHOUT A COMPUTER
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Deicide: 6:50am On Feb 02, 2022
Yes with android termux. You could see I also setup LSP for mine. Things I could do with LSP include
- go-to-definition
- find-references
- hover
- completion
- rename
- format
- refactor

Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Rick9(m): 8:57am On Feb 02, 2022
I have been learning Html & Css with my phone. Although I understand it but honestly without a PC my progress is slow because one way I learn fast is to practice what I'm learning.
Well with time I will get a laptop.
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by digitite: 9:12am On Feb 02, 2022
Hashabiah:
With the way tech is going, of course but on the flipside , AI could replace coding
You are on the right track and technically sound and you represent the future, keep it up bro. I run a Hosting Business of Apps and Websites as a System/Server Administrator. So any tool that will make you run your code with your smartphone and not necessarily a PC is a welcome development.
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by digitite: 9:28am On Feb 02, 2022
Deicide:
Yes with android termux. You could see I also setup LSP for mine. Things I could do with LSP include
- go-to-definition
- find-references
- hover
- completion
- rename
- format
- refactor
That's great. Keep it up. As you have started it, you will become an expert with time.
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by airsaylongcome: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2022
Deicide:
- go-to-definition
- find-references
- hover
- completion
- rename
- format
- refactor

And the android termux is running on abacus abi? Or an android phone isn't a computer?
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Deicide: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
airsaylongcome:

And the android termux is running on abacus abi? Or an android phone isn't a computer?
To be honest I also wanted to state the same thing.
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Deicide: 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2022
digitite:
That's great. Keep it up. As you have started it, you will become an expert with time.
Haha this is just for demo to show op what is possible.
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by airsaylongcome: 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2022
Deicide:
To be honest I also wanted to state the same thing.

I fear o. Today's smart phones that are the equivalent of Mainframes in years past.

OP's question is like asking if someone can learn to cook without having recipe and cooking utensils
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by jbreezy: 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
I learnt programming on my iphone x...from html to css to javascript to react js...all on my iphone x...although it hanged a lot of times, but i no mind...then after 3 months , I got a system. Don't let anything limit you, go on with it.
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Hashabiah: 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
jbreezy:
I learnt programming on my iphone x...from html to css to javascript to react js...all on my iphone x...although it hanged a lot of times, but i no mind...then after 3 months , I got a system. Don't let anything limit you, go on with it.
How were you able to code with your iPhone ? What platform or apps did you use to run them?
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by jbreezy: 8:54pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hashabiah:
How were you able to code with your iPhone ? What platform or apps did you use to run them?
for html and css, i used html editor...for javascript and react, i used play.js
Re: Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Maxxim: 9:21pm On Feb 02, 2022
I started off using my android phone but about some weeks ago since I commenced with my laptop, there's a huge difference. One, using a system gives you the impression of working in a real programming environment, some sort of seriousness and commitment.

Another thing is that I get less focused when with my phone, messages and a lot of that while my system has limited social apps which makes me more focused.
I also noticed when typing, you'll need extra effort when using a system.

I said earlier that using a computer makes you more serious, for an example I spend lot of times thinking on which practice exercise I'll be working on, so I use my pen to write down some things I'll like to work on and go ahead in doing it i.e I develop the sense of preparation, while with phone I just pick it up and play around with codes.

So I'll choose computer any day.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Newest Side Hustle / Help In Starting Blockchain Development / I Am Confused Pls Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.