Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,820 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? (501 Views)

Can You Learn Programming Without A Computer ? / Programming Without Stress: The Easiest Way To Learn Programming / Please how Do I Learn Programming Without Feeling Sleepy Or Tired? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Kingray10: 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
I am currently a final year student in the university, studying a course that is not lucrative. Knowing fully well how this country is, I decided to learn programming, python to be precise. But my situation currently now is that I don't have a laptop, can't afford one now, because final year expenses is just too much. so is it possible to learn programming without a laptop
I am currently using my phone.
Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Mastakija(m): 9:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingray10:
I am currently a final year student in the university, studying a course that is not lucrative. Knowing fully well how this country is, I decided to learn programming, python to be precise. But my situation currently now is that I don't have a laptop, can't afford one now, because final year expenses is just too much. so is it possible to learn programming up to masters level without a laptop
upto masters level
Brooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Kingray10: 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mastakija:
upto masters level
Brooo
It would have been if you just view without a comment. Than to say this. At least if you have no contribution, it's better you view the next tread than to mock me.
Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Mastakija(m): 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingray10:

It would have been if you just view without a comment. Than to say this. At least if you have no contribution, it's better you view the next tread than to mock me.
dude relax nobody is mocking you here
U can code on ur phone using web browser but not uptil masters level especially d fact that u mentioned you're a student
U need tym to learn programming
And from the look of things
You dont have the two qualifications and u want to reach master level

I just feel like you're passing ur boundary
There are more things u can do on ur phone like graphics designing and all But i doubt coding.
not to even talk about you getting to a master's level
Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by BlackSan: 10:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kingray10:
I am currently a final year student in the university, studying a course that is not lucrative. Knowing fully well how this country is, I decided to learn programming, python to be precise. But my situation currently now is that I don't have a laptop, can't afford one now, because final year expenses is just too much. so is it possible to learn programming without a laptop

I can't say about reaching master's level with phone, if you really want to go into programming, you should start planning how to get a system, Very Important!!

But there are apps you can use on your phone to practice for python and after python, if you decide to go into web dev, you can use the app from the second picture.

The first picture is pydroid, you can use it to code for python and even download the libraries but there are limitations unless you subscribe a certain amount of money to unlock all libraries and other perks.

The second app is for web developers (that is if you intend to specialize in that field, you can use the app).

I know because I once used them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by BlackSan: 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by BlackSan: 11:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
The third picture is for pydroid

Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Contekbbc: 7:06am On Jun 22, 2022
First and foremost,
Let me correct you on this,every courses are lucrative,only that you have to master your craft very well to be able to make a living from it.
Secondly, to your question, YES, you can learn it through phone but don't forget to start with DSA(Data Structures and Algorithms), after you have learnt DSA up to a reasonable level, let's say 70 percent, then,you can register on bit degree ,read their tutorials and try and solve every projects you are given and
make do with w3c(world wide web consortium too and start saving money for your REAL TIME PROJECTS when you later get a LAPTOP.
CHEERS!

Kingray10:

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Kingray10: 7:25am On Jun 22, 2022
Contekbbc:

First and foremost,
Let me correct you on this,every courses are lucrative,only that you have to master your craft very well to be able to make a living from it.
Secondly, to your question, YES, you can learn it through phone but don't forget to start with DSA(Data Structures and Algorithms), after you have learnt DSA up to a reasonable

level,let's say 70 percent, then,you can register on bit degree ,read their tutorials and try and solve every projects you are given and you
make do with w3c(world wide web consortium too and start saving money for your REAL TIME PROJECTS when you later get a LAPTOP.
CHEERS!

Thanks for your contribution.

Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by chukwuebuka65(m): 7:25am On Jun 22, 2022
While you could be reading/watching tutorials and articles online about the language of your choice for the moment pending when u get a laptop, you will need a computer to get your hands dirty.
Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Kingray10: 7:31am On Jun 22, 2022
BlackSan:

I can't say about reaching master's level with phone, if you really want to go into programming, you should start planning how to get a system, Very Important!!

But there are apps you can use on your phone to practice for python and after python, if you decide to go into web dev, you can use the app from the second picture.

The first picture is pydroid, you can use it to code for python and even download the libraries but there are limitations unless you subscribe a certain amount of money to unlock all libraries and other perks.

The second app is for web developers (that is if you intend to specialize in that field, you can use the app).

Thanks very much, I am currently using my the pydriod 3. And I am learning with sololearn app, is there any app you can recommend also for the learning ?
Re: Can I Learn Programming Without A Computer ? by Kingray10: 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
BlackSan:

Please I am looking for someone to guide me through this whole process, I don't know if it will be okay with you to guide me through

(1) (Reply)

Any Internship Opportunity In Kaduna? / Which Of These Offers Would You Choose ? / Have Abandoned A Feature In Your Project Because You Couldn’t Get It To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.