Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

How I Paid N61050 Instead Of N6150 At A Filling Station Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How I Paid N61050 Instead Of N6150 At A Filling Station Today (197 Views)

NNPC Filling Station In Edo On Fire (Photos, Video) / 15 People You Will Meet At Filling Station During Fuel Crisis. / Crowd At AA RANO Filling Station Sokoto State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Paid N61050 Instead Of N6150 At A Filling Station Today by Obapemi: 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
My Experience today 1st February 2022………….. I was not feeling fine following bouts of watery stools. I chose to go home to use my restroom instead. On my way, I decided to buy petrol since I have some relief from the stomach discomfort. I asked the petrol attendant to top up my tank. The amount that filled my tank was #6105.00k. I gave the petrol attendant my ATM card to pay for the transaction. Because I was in a hurry to go home to relieve myself of the discomfort I was passing through, I didn’t check the receipt printed. My phone buzzed too, indicating that money had been deducted from my account. I did not check. I drove as fast as I could to use the restroom in my house and get some rest before I start the lecture I need to deliver by 4 pm. Following the rest, I wanted to find the zoom link for which I will use to deliver the lecture on my phone, I just clicked to check the message I received, lo and behold, I saw #61,050:00k deducted following the fuel purchase.

Visit my daily views for more real stories

I instantly received unusual strength and jumped into my car, racing back to the petrol station. Many things were going on in my mind. How should I confront the guy? What if he denies selling fuel to me? Should I go with a law enforcement agent?? Many thoughts of how things may turn out.
I just decided that I will allow things to play out naturally and see how the attendant will react when I meet/confront him. I got to the Eterna petrol station at Gbagada and met a lady at the petrol pump instead of the guy that was there earlier. I asked the lady selling fuel to tell me where the man that attended to customers earlier is. She said that he has completed his shift. She instantly mentioned that am I the one whose 61,000 was removed? I said yes. She said that the anomaly was noticed during handover and that the excess amount had been removed and kept safe somewhere. The supervisor called the guy, Mr Gbotemi, who confirmed that the money had been kept safe. My balance was of #55,000 was handed over to me and Mr Gbotemi appeared afterwards. I want to appreciate this man because Nigerians can be honest people irrespective of circumstances and situation. Mr Gbotemi showed himself to be an honest Nigerian today. Eterna petrol station has gained a customer today.

Lessons learnt
1) verify the amount punched unto the POS machine

2) Cross check the amount deducted from your bank

3) Give room to every Nigerian to prove that we are good people.

MY DAILY VIEWS

2 Likes

Re: How I Paid N61050 Instead Of N6150 At A Filling Station Today by AKWATGOLD1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2022
Mr. Gbotemi needs to be celebrated and rewarded to have declared the surplus cash before the victim comes to complain.

1 Like

Re: How I Paid N61050 Instead Of N6150 At A Filling Station Today by Agbecassava: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
Obapemi:
My Experience today 1st February 2022………….. I was not feeling fine following bouts of watery stools. I chose to go home to use my restroom instead. On my way, I decided to buy petrol since I have some relief from the stomach discomfort. I asked the petrol attendant to top up my tank. The amount that filled my tank was #6105.00k. I gave the petrol attendant my ATM card to pay for the transaction. Because I was in a hurry to go home to relieve myself of the discomfort I was passing through, I didn’t check the receipt printed. My phone buzzed too, indicating that money had been deducted from my account. I did not check. I drove as fast as I could to use the restroom in my house and get some rest before I start the lecture I need to deliver by 4 pm. Following the rest, I wanted to find the zoom link for which I will use to deliver the lecture on my phone, I just clicked to check the message I received, lo and behold, I saw #61,050:00k deducted following the fuel purchase.

Visit my daily views for more real stories

I instantly received unusual strength and jumped into my car, racing back to the petrol station. Many things were going on in my mind. How should I confront the guy? What if he denies selling fuel to me? Should I go with a law enforcement agent?? Many thoughts of how things may turn out.
I just decided that I will allow things to play out naturally and see how the attendant will react when I meet/confront him. I got to the Eterna petrol station at Gbagada and met a lady at the petrol pump instead of the guy that was there earlier. I asked the lady selling fuel to tell me where the man that attended to customers earlier is. She said that he has completed his shift. She instantly mentioned that am I the one whose 61,000 was removed? I said yes. She said that the anomaly was noticed during handover and that the excess amount had been removed and kept safe somewhere. The supervisor called the guy, Mr Gbotemi, who confirmed that the money had been kept safe. My balance was of #55,000 was handed over to me and Mr Gbotemi appeared afterwards. I want to appreciate this man because Nigerians can be honest people irrespective of circumstances and situation. Mr Gbotemi showed himself to be an honest Nigerian today. Eterna petrol station has gained a customer today.

Lessons learnt
1) verify the amount punched unto the POS machine

2) Cross check the amount deducted from your bank

3) Give room to every Nigerian to prove that we are good people.

MY DAILY VIEWS

My Oga I happy for you
You make me laughter wen you talk say you get strength back

How body now

If you fit use agbo come make I teach you

(1) (Reply)

NEWS!!- Centino Global Limited CEO Having Indoor Meeting With Mic Rock CEO / Best Ebikes Vancouver At Best Prices | Volt Bike / To Ensure Whatsapp Spying Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.