Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Solar Is An Investment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Is An Investment (547 Views)

Hike In Electricity Tariff; Solar Is The Way Forward / Mowo Badagry Is A Fantastic Location To Own An Investment. / Opportunity To Own An Investment With Huge Returns Is Just A Dial Away. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
Do not get a solar or inverter system until you read and digest this information.

Nigerians are always in haste in making decisions. We want something very urgent without considering vital factors surrounding what we need.

I will try to be as brief as possible. Having been in this field for over 5 years, I've met people of different mindsets.

Due to the poor electricity in Nigeria, many have opted for various alternatives to have access to electricity.

Some have gotten generators, which is a popular option as it looks cheap to them at the start point.

But looking carefully into the generator, you will understand that you're only wasting money in the long run. In my estate here in Lagos, I have seen a lot of people that put on their generators round the clock. They put them on overnight, from 7pm till 7am. And I wonder what the show of wealth is in doing that. Aside from the cost of running a generator for that long, with the current insecurity in the country, this attitude can endanger an individual when sound is emitting from your compound at odd hours at night.

Many have frowned at the technology of solar as it's been too expensive, fake products that lead to its packing up in no time, and many more reasons. The truth remains that solar power is expensive.

I have said this again and again: solar is an investment, and if you want to get the technology, you need to plan and get it right the first time. But I came across a lot of people who, when you try to educate them, will feel you want to rip them off their money.

A woman came to me to get a solar freezer some time last year. I told her the freezer and accessories, which include batteries, solar panels, solar charge controller, and cabling, would cost her 585K. She began to lament. After some long conversation, she then opened up to me, saying that she's pained that a young man had just deceived her to spend over 350K to power her deep freezer, which did not work. The system can't even power the freezer for 30 minutes.

I asked her what the components of the system were and she said a 200ah battery, two solar panels, and a 1000w inverter. At this point, I was dumbfounded. If it's that cheap, everyone in Nigeria will own a solar power system. Then I told her, to power your deep freezer, madam, you need a rugged Indian inverter at least a 2.5 kVA with 4 batteries and a minimum of 8 to 10 giant solar panels. If the freezer is to be powered along with other appliances, then you'll need a minimum of a 3.5 kVA system, which may cost an average of 1.45 million naira. You see, the young man just needed her money at that instance, not minding if she was going to get value from his service.

I always tell people, after presenting a quotation to them, that you may get it cheaper elsewhere.

To be honest, solar is the way forward, despite its initial cost. Its benefits outweigh the cost. 

There are too many solar materials on the market these days, which makes it difficult for some engineers to even know which material is fake or genuine.

There are systems you will install that can serve you for up to 7 to 10 years, and there are systems you'll install that won't exceed 6 months. How pathetic that can be!

The pain of spending a huge amount of money with the hope of getting maximum comfort and immense value for your money can be frustrating if you don't get it right.

We are here to guide you from your energy auditing stage to the commissioning of the project.

You will get a system with a 3 year documented warranty, free system maintenance in the first 18 months, a 7-year guarantee on the battery, a 25-year guarantee on solar panels, and a 10 year guarantee on the inverter, an opportunity to make payment after delivering and installing the system, and a lot more.

We know the financial implications involved. That's why our team of professional engineers are willing to deliver a state-of-the-art service that promises to exceed your expectations.

You can not get it wrong with us.

We sell inverters, batteries, solar panels, solar charge controllers, solar flood lights and street lights, solar pumping machines, solar freezers and refrigerators, solar water heaters, solar cookers, and many other solar accessories.
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
This is a review from a long time client that based in Akure.

Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2022
Your number 1 solar plug
Re: Solar Is An Investment by adelafe2019: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
How much is 5kva to power pumping machine ,one freezer ,5 bulbs and one fan.?
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 11:50am On Feb 03, 2022
adelafe2019:
How much is 5kva to power pumping machine ,one freezer ,5 bulbs and one fan.?
5kva goes for 1.65M only.
Re: Solar Is An Investment by NL1960: 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2022
SolarEdge:
Do not get a solar or inverter system until you read and digest this information.

Nigerians are always in haste in making decisions. We want something very urgent without considering vital factors surrounding what we need.

I will try to be as brief as possible. Having been in this field for over 5 years, I've met people of different mindsets.

Due to the poor electricity in Nigeria, many have opted for various alternatives to have access to electricity.

Some have gotten generators, which is a popular option as it looks cheap to them at the start point.

But looking carefully into the generator, you will understand that you're only wasting money in the long run. In my estate here in Lagos, I have seen a lot of people that put on their generators round the clock. They put them on overnight, from 7pm till 7am. And I wonder what the show of wealth is in doing that. Aside from the cost of running a generator for that long, with the current insecurity in the country, this attitude can endanger an individual when sound is emitting from your compound at odd hours at night.

Many have frowned at the technology of solar as it's been too expensive, fake products that lead to its packing up in no time, and many more reasons. The truth remains that solar power is expensive.

I have said this again and again: solar is an investment, and if you want to get the technology, you need to plan and get it right the first time. But I came across a lot of people who, when you try to educate them, will feel you want to rip them off their money.

A woman came to me to get a solar freezer some time last year. I told her the freezer and accessories, which include batteries, solar panels, solar charge controller, and cabling, would cost her 585K. She began to lament. After some long conversation, she then opened up to me, saying that she's pained that a young man had just deceived her to spend over 350K to power her deep freezer, which did not work. The system can't even power the freezer for 30 minutes.

I asked her what the components of the system were and she said a 200ah battery, two solar panels, and a 1000w inverter. At this point, I was dumbfounded. If it's that cheap, everyone in Nigeria will own a solar power system. Then I told her, to power your deep freezer, madam, you need a rugged Indian inverter at least a 2.5 kVA with 4 batteries and a minimum of 8 to 10 giant solar panels. If the freezer is to be powered along with other appliances, then you'll need a minimum of a 3.5 kVA system, which may cost an average of 1.45 million naira. You see, the young man just needed her money at that instance, not minding if she was going to get value from his service.

I always tell people, after presenting a quotation to them, that you may get it cheaper elsewhere.

To be honest, solar is the way forward, despite its initial cost. Its benefits outweigh the cost. 

There are too many solar materials on the market these days, which makes it difficult for some engineers to even know which material is fake or genuine.

There are systems you will install that can serve you for up to 7 to 10 years, and there are systems you'll install that won't exceed 6 months. How pathetic that can be!

The pain of spending a huge amount of money with the hope of getting maximum comfort and immense value for your money can be frustrating if you don't get it right.

We are here to guide you from your energy auditing stage to the commissioning of the project.

You will get a system with a 3 year documented warranty, free system maintenance in the first 18 months, a 7-year guarantee on the battery, a 25-year guarantee on solar panels, and a 10 year guarantee on the inverter, an opportunity to make payment after delivering and installing the system, and a lot more.

We know the financial implications involved. That's why our team of professional engineers are willing to deliver a state-of-the-art service that promises to exceed your expectations.

You can not get it wrong with us.

We sell inverters, batteries, solar panels, solar charge controllers, solar flood lights and street lights, solar pumping machines, solar freezers and refrigerators, solar water heaters, solar cookers, and many other solar accessories.

I have a fairly stable power supply and a 2.5kva generator which i hardly use when there is power. What i will need solar for is to power on ceiling fans when iam sleeping in the night if there is no power as i do not like sleeping with generator on.

So what kva will you recommend in such an instance and what is the financial outlay for such?.
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 12:11am On Feb 04, 2022
NL1960:

I have a fairly stable power supply and a 2.5kva generator which i hardly use when there is power. What i will need solar for is to power on ceiling fans when iam sleeping in the night if there is no power as i do not like sleeping with generator on.

So what kva will you recommend in such an instance and what is the financial outlay for such?.
You may not necessarily need solar, what you would need is a backup system, an inverter and a battery bank. Please send a watsapp DM to discuss further with our Available Engineer on 07038567494
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
Happy weekend
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
Happy new week
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 10:40am On Feb 07, 2022
Call us now
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2022
Yeah, solar is an investment
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
call us now
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 10:39am On Feb 15, 2022
Good morning
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
Let's help you achieve your energy goal
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2022
Good evening
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 8:23am On Feb 18, 2022
A good weekend start with a stable power supply.
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2022
Good evening
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 3:52pm On May 15, 2022
You can't get it wrong with KSK SOLAR SYSTEMS
Re: Solar Is An Investment by SolarEdge: 7:26am On May 23, 2022
Happy new week

(1) (Reply)

Others are buying good dry land @Naskaxe County Homes 2 Opp Dunamis Abuja / How The Next 30 Days, Can Make You A Landlord Forever. / Sold! Hurry Land Around Eleko Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.