Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice (344 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hello nairalanders,
I've been battling with indecision lately and I'm finding it difficult having commitment.
How do I get over it.
Re: Advice by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 05, 2022
I personally think its best to plan your days. Plan small tasks that you know you can be successful in and enjoy the happyness of that success.

Gradually make the tasks more complex and challanging. Dont try to jump from point a tot c immediately. But go through point b to get to c. Small steps will lead to bigger steps.

Is there anything specifically you struggle with or just in general?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 05, 2022
pietergoris1985:
I personally think its best to plan your days. Plan small tasks that you know you can be successful in and enjoy the happyness of that success.

Gradually make the tasks more complex and challanging. Dont try to jump from point a tot c immediately. But go through point b to get to c. Small steps will lead to bigger steps.

Is there anything specifically you struggle with or just in general?
I loose focus easily.
Re: Advice by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 05, 2022
SteveOnyeMgbu:
I loose focus easily.

Does it feels like you are dragging yourself through your day? It might be a sort of mental burn down you are experiencing? Might, I say since I'm not a doctor. But I do have had a burnout myself due to work related stress. So I know how that feels.

It feels like you lost drive a little.
Did something happen lately causing these feelings? Or did it just happened gradually?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 05, 2022
Sorry if it feels that I am assuming things. I am just trying to dig for a reason so perhaps we can find a solution for you.
Re: Advice by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 05, 2022
pietergoris1985:

Does it feels like you are dragging yourself through your day? It might be a sort of mental burn down you are experiencing? Might, I say since I'm not a doctor. But I do have had a burnout myself due to work related stress. So I know how that feels.

It feels like you lost drive a little.
Did something happen lately causing these feelings? Or did it just happened gradually?
it happens gradually
Re: Advice by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Maybe an idea is to do the following. I did this when I personally came out of my burnout episode.
And when I had no interest in nothing, or couldn't focus myself.

I made a schedule for the week. Starting Monday to Sunday, waking up to going to bed.
I planned for the needed tasks. Like the real things that NEED to happen (e.g. get up, take bath, eat noon).
And then I planned for 1 small or 2 small tasks daily that I was certain I could accomplish. That way success of the accomplishment was guaranteed. It gave me hope that the day later I would also succeed. The clue is to leave a lot of space for mental well-being. It's important that your mind can come to rest in between tasks so you can focus those 15 minutes daily that you must.

Also what helped me personally greatly is get into a good routine. Get up at same time daily (not to early, not to late). Go to bed at the same time daily. It helps bring order in chaos.

Also what I tend to do when I have a lot on my mind or don't know how to approach things anymore is take a paper and write down what's on my mind. Make a mind map for yourself. You write your name in the middle and branch if off to all problems or struggles you might have. Then write down what's keeping you from fixing those issues. That way you can tackle things more focused then just see a mountain of problems and loose interest into fixing it.

Now again, this is personal stuff that works for me. I don't want to be the smart ass here. I clearly don't know your situation and don't walk your shoes. I'm just giving you insights in what helps me personally.
Maybe you have stress which keeps you from focusing. Or a stressful job. Or some children that need constant attention. I don't know your life so it's hard to give advise based on what I know.

Nonetheless I hope you have something on the ideas I just gave.
If you have more questions, don't be hesitant to ask.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2022
pietergoris1985:
Maybe an idea is to do the following. I did this when I personally came out of my burnout episode.
And when I had no interest in nothing, or couldn't focus myself.

I made a schedule for the week. Starting Monday to Sunday, waking up to going to bed.
I planned for the needed tasks. Like the real things that NEED to happen (e.g. get up, take bath, eat noon).
And then I planned for 1 small or 2 small tasks daily that I was certain I could accomplish. That way success of the accomplishment was guaranteed. It gave me hope that the day later I would also succeed. The clue is to leave a lot of space for mental well-being. It's important that your mind can come to rest in between tasks so you can focus those 15 minutes daily that you must.

Also what helped me personally greatly is get into a good routine. Get up at same time daily (not to early, not to late). Go to bed at the same time daily. It helps bring order in chaos.

Also what I tend to do when I have a lot on my mind or don't know how to approach things anymore is take a paper and write down what's on my mind. Make a mind map for yourself. You write your name in the middle and branch if off to all problems or struggles you might have. Then write down what's keeping you from fixing those issues. That way you can tackle things more focused then just see a mountain of problems and loose interest into fixing it.

Now again, this is personal stuff that works for me. I don't want to be the smart ass here. I clearly don't know your situation and don't walk your shoes. I'm just giving you insights in what helps me personally.
Maybe you have stress which keeps you from focusing. Or a stressful job. Or some children that need constant attention. I don't know your life so it's hard to give advise based on what I know.

Nonetheless I hope you have something on the ideas I just gave.
If you have more questions, don't be hesitant to ask.

thanks alot
Will try it
And probably give a feedback

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Generate Extra Source Of Income / Below Is A List Of High Paying Skills / 10 Ways To Improve Your Communication Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.