Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim (857 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Suicide Bomb Attack In Maiduguri Yesterday / Photos From The Suicide Bomb Blasts On Maiduguri Mosque This Morning / Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by hakanai(m): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
Nigerian police retracts 'suicide bomb' claim

The Associated Press

ABUJA, Nigeria -- Nigerian police say they no longer believe an attack last week on police headquarters was a suicide bomb.

National police spokesman Olusola Amore distributed a statement at a press conference Wednesday "correcting the report about the fact that it is (a) suicide bombing."

The statement said the investigation has not been concluded into the attack in the capital of Abuja that left at least two dead. Amore took no questions and gave no further details.

Police said shortly after Thursday's attack that it was a suicide bomb and said they suspected a radical Muslim sect locally known as Boko Haram. They said the bomber was among the dead.

A man claiming to speak for Boko Haram told the BBC and a local paper it was responsible. He did not say, however, if it was a suicide bomb.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by hakanai(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2011

Which way NPF and FG ?
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by kabba7(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
This is amusing, I think this piece of info just show how rotten this Nigeria has got to. Today its suicide bombers tomorow its not. One piece of info I have for Nigerians is they should be sleeping with one eye only because as things stand today govt can't garrantee our safety will get worse towards the end of this year to early next year. Security will particularly be hectic 4 the police in particular. Am sure the police high command know why if they will tell the nation the truth.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by 1forall: 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2011
Very sadly I am not greatly moved by this news, imagine that!

Another demonstration of our highly irresponsible leadership!

These semi-literate morons in positions of authority are severely blinded to reason by inordinate greed for money and power

(who have put the country Nigeria into this state of syphilitic parochialism - apologies to Hon Obahiagbon)

Police lying openly. . . . [size=14pt]AGAIN![/size]
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by 1forall: 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
ABUJA, Nigeria -- Nigerian police say they no longer believe an attack last week on police headquarters was a suicide bomb.

National police spokesman Olusola Amore distributed a statement at a press conference Wednesday "correcting the report about the fact that it is (a) suicide bombing."

The statement said the investigation has not been concluded into the attack in the capital of Abuja that left at least two dead. Amore took no questions and gave no further details.

Source: Associated Press, via Forbes news click here
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by egift(m): 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
Trust me once Jonathan and his boys-in-black find out we don't like this lie, they will try to cook up another. grin

Keep it coming guys - Yeye Dey Smell - Fresh Air - Enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by blacksta(m): 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
whether suicide bomber or not - one thing that is certain is the fact that a bomb went off at the police HQ

doesnt change anything
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by egift(m): 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
Click Here for more link - pictures too.

Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by egift(m): 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
blacksta:

whether suicide bomber or not - one thing that is certain is the fact that a bomb went off at the police HQ

doesnt change anything

So you don't get it, they want to abandon the investigation. Or spin it. Maybe sack someone. Or pay someone else. Perhaps its one of them.

But simple, if we can be bombed on the most historic day of our history, a large naval ship disappear, the largest cake in the world disappeared here, you accepted a fake election results and called it an Act of God - then this will be swept under as fast as possible. Watin una go do?
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by Lagosboy: 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2011
I voted GEJ and not PDP
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by petertosh: 7:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
I dey laff
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by egift(m): 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
Lagosboy:

I voted GEJ and not PDP
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
At this point in time, I'm really really scared for Nigerians in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by Calculia: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2011
We all know it was a suicide attack. The police should stop trying to assure us it wasn't. Nigeria is not save and suspect everybody even in the market, if u love ur life.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by honeric01(m): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
Oh well lets pray hard on Sunday, so that the bombers will repent and confess.

Jona styleeee
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
honeric01:

Oh well lets pray hard on Sunday, so that the bombers will repent and confess.

Jona styleeee

Not just Jona style. But Naija style.

How about the Bini monarch that put curses on criminals in hope they repent?

Nigeria and religion. grin God's own toilet.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by OAM4J: 11:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
Nigeria go survive.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by honeric01(m): 12:21am On Jun 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Not just Jona style. But Naija style.

How about the Bini monarch that put curses on criminals in hope they repent?

Nigeria and religion. grin God's own toilet.

Nigerians fear the traditional gods more than the "christian" God and you can recall that the curses of an Oba in Bini is not something you play with.

But Jonathan? does he even know or have a god? (a question o)
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by dayokanu(m): 12:31am On Jun 23, 2011
I voted Odechukwu and not Jonathan
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 23, 2011
Instead of the Nigerian government to face the problem they are trying to cover up because saying it is a suicide bombing affects future possible foreign investments in the country,

It was suicide bombing nothing more,

We are battling ideologies right now though the first and emergency measure will be violent to stop this fooools.

Since it is a battle against ideology, education is the only antidote for ignorance. Education up till second year of college (not university) should be made necessary and a law

For all Nigerians,

Critical thinking should be made a compulsory course all through academic classes,

The above or forget Nigeria,
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 23, 2011
honeric01:

Nigerians fear the traditional gods more than the "christian" God and you can recall that the curses of an Oba in Bini is not something you play with.

But Jonathan? does he even know or have a god? (a question o)

Really, it doesnt matter. Still the same concept, just different deity.

Having a god or goddess should not be one of our focus right now. Wishing I could see Nigeria+4yrs right now.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by honeric01(m): 1:46am On Jun 23, 2011
^^^6

Anyways sha, na dem know,
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by EzeUche1(m): 1:47am On Jun 23, 2011
I do not think Jonathan on the Nigerian forces can handle Boko Haram.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 23, 2011
How is it 6?

(for arguement sake,)
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by honeric01(m): 2:23am On Jun 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How is it 6?

(for arguement sake,)

ileke idi to dun, you're catching vision, that 6 was a typo, didn't mean anything o, who wan dash Jona a.k.a "i had no shoes" 6 years? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 23, 2011
lol grin
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by dustydee: 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2011
I have always maitained that it was not a suicide bomber. Why would he want to kill 1 person when he had the opportunity to kill more?moreso he was allegedly closer to his target than when he was at the car park.
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by dustydee: 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2011
Lagosboy:

I voted GEJ and not PDP
Can you prove it? When you went to vote was it his picture you placed your thumb against or the umbrella?
Re: Nigerian Police Retracts 'suicide Bomb' Claim by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2011
war is peace
freedom is slavery
ignorance is stenght

oceania was never at war with eastasia

who needs 1984 when you have nigerian officials?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Us, Eu Ask Jonathan To Punish Bombers / Knsg: Shekarau Spent N10.6bn On Hajj / Tragic Road Accident Claims The Life Of Former Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.