Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim (882 Views)

Youths Destroy Pius Anyim's Statue In Ebonyi State (Photo) / 2023 Presidency: Anyim Pius Anyim Declares Interest / Anyim Pius Anyim Writes Umahi An Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by NigerianAngelo(m): 4:25am On Feb 02, 2022
1. Only Pius Anyim has so far declared. Technically, only one Igbo has shown interest in the Presidential election as yet, Pius Anyim of Ebonyi State. Peter Obi has never declared interest. He just uploaded a CV.

2. Pius' antecedents speak better. It is hard to bring out an impressionable list of Peter Obi's achievements as Governor. Under him poverty rate rose from 20% to 68%, NBS (see link below). Pius on the other hand has been said to have stabilize the Senate, kept an under N35bn annual NASS budget, and called on Yar'adua very early on (January 2010) to hand over power to Jonathan due to incapacitation when many others were mute silent (possibly fooling themselves about cabal!!)

Peter Obi has "said" a lot on development but his antecedents do not equally show as much. It is not by Channels TV The Platform speeches. What did his tenure do?

His Tenure
i. Peter Obi left Anambra IGR at a paltry N500m/mo, a figure which William Obiano rapidly rose to N1.3bn monthly in a year and N2.4bn/mo as of 2020.

ii. During Peter Obi's tenure Anambra's poverty rapidly rose from 20% in 2004 (Nigeria's lowest) to a whopping 68% in 2010,

something Soludo himself took note of:

https://www.nairaland.com/4907693/soludo-takes-swipe-peter-obi

iii. Peter Obi's lack of capital projects and the rejection of the Local Government system are equally worrisome.
He spoke of Anambra Cargo airport project for 8 years but never started anything. It was Obiano that started and competed it in 15 months.

He created a Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, thereby effeminating the autonomous Local Government system and preventing them from self-operating according to mandate. The Govt through the State Assembly also went to allocate itself Market management functions something that is Constitutionally designated to the Local Government system by the 1999 Constitution.

3. Pius has shown more confidence in his believed capacity to govern Nigeria than Peter Obi.

"A man that cannot declare 12 months to the election is obviously not serious and it perhaps shows a doubt in his own ability to rule Nigeria."

If you really want Nigeria to change, you will seek the PDP ticket for obvious reasons and not sit and say you will campaign only after some mysterious stakeholders "zone it to your South or leave it open for all." When you know that one seeking to reform the country should be able to fight for justice and equity at all levels including the justice of having SE rule.

Anyim has said he is in, zoning or no zoning!

Part of the attributes of Presidential ability is to spearhead the efforts to zone the Party Presidential office to the South, and indeed to the South East, in a spirit equity.

[b]A person desiring to change the country should be capable of reforming and handling the party,
and preventing the country from being toppled over into one bad religious direction or national orientation by the long occupation of its top office by persons of one religion or dissimilar tribe. A eventuality that is a No-No and must be actively prevented.

ZONING IS A THING THAT IS ENSHRINED IN THE NIGERIA's and PDP'S OWN CONSTITUTION, with PDP stating that: "THERE SHALL BE ROTATION OF LEADERSHIP POSITIONS BETWEEN THE NORTH AND THE SOUTH GEOPOLITICAL ZONES EVERY TERM." Something Pius himself has publicly re-ecoed.

At this rate Nigeria needs to concentrate on how it can move at least a step daily ahead. And it needs to decide fast on how sure to do this, with national inclusiveness and all round stability and happiness, and avoid being deluded by unprecise and deluded campaigns as of the social media influencers in the run up to 2019.

Don't tell people to avoid APC. Tell them who exactly they should vote for rather: Pius Anyim of Ivo LG, Ebonyi State; former Senate President (2000-2003) and SGF (2011-2015):

who in [b]January 2010, led a deligation of 41 other Nigerians to ask Yar'adua to transfer to the National Assembly, a letter of transfer of power to GEJ his then deputy on the ground of Presidential incapacitation[/b] (an active and not passive citizenry move; getting desires achieved).

rather than sit at home and be shouting "the fulani caballll" cheesy; "you know the problem of Nigeria is that" cheesy (a stupid beer parlour talk).[/b]

4. Pius can be judged more by what he has done than by speeches. He believes in offering himself to do what he thinks he can.

5. Pius has demonstrated knowledge of Nigeria's and PDP's Constitution, something that should be more valuable to the Nigerian electorate and it's interests giving Buhari's many blunders and sanctimonious evils.

Pius might not be the best, but has clearly shown himself self-reviewed and sufficiently prepared.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Adabite(m): 5:02am On Feb 02, 2022
You are pathetic and sentimental. You only highlighted Peter Obi's failures. What are PIUS ANYIM successes. At least he was once a Senate President

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by helinues: 5:04am On Feb 02, 2022
Anyim doesn't have garbages like Obi

But Obi is regionally accepted than Anyim

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 02, 2022
Ayim Pius is from Ebonyi. Eboes don't like people from Ebonyi. They are called "wawa".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 02, 2022
Peter Obi hand is too dirty, "where are the bodies"

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by duro4chang(m): 6:17am On Feb 02, 2022
The same Anyim that sleeps any how anywhere.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by duro4chang(m): 6:20am On Feb 02, 2022
The same Anyim that sleeps anyhow anytime
Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by ThEGodFaThEr120: 6:22am On Feb 02, 2022
SlyDev:
Peter Obi hand is too dirty, "where are the bodies"
The only person whose hands and feet are dirty is Tinubu.
Nigerians have not forgotten how He ordered soldiers to kill innocent protesters on OZUNBA MBADIWE, lekki toll gate after which he escaped to France then consequently London.

When the time comes we'll remind him of Ozumba mbadiwe by reekado banks

I no dey move that way
Don't make me move that way
Me I no wan sleep for highway
Before I cross gats to look sideways
Me I no come Lagos for child's play

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by nzeobi(m): 6:36am On Feb 02, 2022
I think we should interview both of them to know their plans before making a choice and op mind you the money used to build that airport and the flyovers that Willie is celebrating today was part of the savings Left by Peter Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 02, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr120:

The only person whose hands and feet are dirty is Tinubu.
Nigerians have not forgotten how He ordered soldiers to kill innocent protesters on OZUNBA MBADIWE, lekki toll gate after which he escaped to France then consequently London.

When the time comes we'll remind him of Ozumba mbadiwe by reekado banks

I no dey move that way
Don't make me move that way
Me I no wan sleep for highway
Before I cross gats to look sideways
Me I no come Lagos for child's play

Where are the bodies of igbo youth in Ezu River

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by ThEGodFaThEr120: 6:58am On Feb 02, 2022
SlyDev:

Where are bodies of igbo youth in Ezu River
Tinubu would one day stand trial at the Hague for his wicked atrocities over the massacre of 78 people at lekki.

Like Tinubu, like Saddam Hussein

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 02, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr120:

Tinubu would one day stand trial at the Hague for his wicked atrocities over the massacre of 78 people at lekki.

Tinubu is innocent, Lekki fake massacre is the work of IPOB and PDP. Peter Obi will stand trial for his crime of Ezu River massacre

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by BosseJ: 7:10am On Feb 02, 2022
If not that he stands a slim chance of winning the APC ticket, I dare to say that David Umahi is the most competent Igbo vying for the presidency. He has the receipts to prove his administrative competence. So far Peter Obi is all talk and overhype as far as I am concerned.

Pound-for-pound and side-by-side, Umahi's achievements and legacies in office beats Pete Obi's hands down. I am yet to see any impressive or comprehensive list of what Peter Obi achieved while he was governor. I would like to be proved wrong if such a list exists.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Bounceboune7: 8:17am On Feb 02, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr120:

can we see the bodies of the 78 killed at lekki,don't forget pictures of akwuzu river is everywhere.

Tinubu wasn't an elected leader during endsars but Peter obi was d governor during awkuzu

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Invictuse: 8:51am On Feb 02, 2022
Beta for them but not good enough for Nigeria. All the foolish Igbos thinking because they are deluded n chose to look away from Peter Peter Obi's looting that other Nigerians will do the same should continue fooling themselves.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by NigerianAngelo(m): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
Might be good but time is ticking. With Pius' recent Arise TV Interview, I just saw him as a three-quarter bread better than none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkhHDIfdnxw

Good thing is that he is truly a three-quarter bread better than none. His worse case scenario can be imagined. Briefly I think he can Preside.

nzeobi:
I think we should interview both of them to know their plans before making a choice and op mind you the money used to build that airport and the flyovers that Willie is celebrating today was part of the savings Left by Peter Obi
Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by DMerciful(m): 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
Do your research on Obi. He has no rival, best manager of public wealth. He was by far an excellent governor compared to Umahi
BosseJ:
If not that he stands a slim chance of winning the APC ticket, I dare to say that David Umahi is the most competent Igbo vying for the presidency. He has the receipts to prove his administrative competence. So far Peter Obi is all talk and overhype as far as I am concerned.

Pound-for-pound and side-by-side, Umahi's achievements and legacies in office beats Pete Obi's hands down. I am yet to see any impressive or comprehensive list of what Peter Obi achieved while he was governor. I would like to be proved wrong if such a list exists.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Midastorch(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
Yes I'm Yoruba, but if I have to pick anyone between Obii and Ayim, I will pick Obi...Obi tried his best for Anambra, atleast he fixed the upper Iweka road a very strategic road in one of the commercial cities in the East....And he did it till some part of Enigu- Onitsha expressway....Now What did Anyom Pius Anyom did in Ebonyi and the SE in general when he was Senate president As at the time he was SGF 70% of communities in Ebonyi state doesn't have light, I know this because I served in Ebonyi state....Anyim had his chance as the SGF to bring development to SE but he failed woefully.....Let's not be sentimental when it comes to politics because holistically, it affects us all....if the SE is to produce the next C-in-C David Umahi is another good product but pride will kill him...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Sergio104(m): 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
BosseJ:

Bro do research.

it's not a hard thing.... just do research and know if umahi is really close enough to obi.

Everything shouldn't be headache......... umahi is no match for obi
Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by NigerianAngelo(m): 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2022
Midastorch:
Yes I'm Yoruba, but if I have to pick anyone between Obii and Ayim, I will pick Obi...Obi tried his best for Anambra, atleast he fixed the upper Iweka road a very strategic road in one of the commercial cities in the East....And he did it till some part of Enigu- Onitsha expressway....Now What did Anyom Pius Anyom did in Ebonyi and the SE in general when he was Senate president As at the time he was SGF 70% of communities in Ebonyi state doesn't have light......

You know what, you are right. You have a perfect point.

We will keep praying daily. May God grant us the best at the Primaries.

One thing I learned with time, anything can happen. Whosoever (Southern, preferrably SE) clinches PDP ticket will be assumed the best. Let's not pray for someone to clinch the ticket, but for God to mercifully grant us the best.

"Pray the Lord of the vineyard that he may send labourers into his harvest."

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Igbos Should Forget About Peter Obi And Focus On Pius Anyim by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 02, 2022
Lol

Anyim that sleeps in every meeting sad..

I rather vote buhari than anyim

Moreover anyim is just wasting his time.

Buhari is even 1000% efficient than that old man

Early school goers.

(1) (Reply)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Will Be 70 Years This Month; No More 69! / They Will Soon Hate Buba Marwa The Way The Hate Abba Kyari / FULANI CUT OFF HANDS OF 70 YEAR OLD YORUBA VIGILANTE IN OYO!!!!!! - PUNCH NEWS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.