Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Football Salutes Brady As NFL Legend Confirms Retirement - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Football Salutes Brady As NFL Legend Confirms Retirement (142 Views)

Ex-arsenal Midfielder Jack Wilshere Announces Retirement / Messi, A Barca Traitor Or Legend? / WAWU! Did You Know Brazilian Legend "Pele" Was In Nigeria During The Biafran War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Football Salutes Brady As NFL Legend Confirms Retirement by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 02, 2022
The former Patriots and Buccaneers quarterback has chosen to step back from the game after more than 20 seasons
Article continues below
Two codes of football united on Tuesday to say farewell to a legend, after NFL idol Tom Brady announced his retirement from the game.
Brady is one of the most successful quarterbacks in American Football history, winning multiple honours with the New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Now, after 22 seasons at the top of the NFL, he is hanging up his helmet following the Buccaneers' play-off exit in 2022.

What did Brady say?

"I have always believed the sport of football is an 'all-in' proposition -- if a 100% competitive commitment isn't there, you won't succeed, and success is what I love so much about our game," Brady explained in a series of social media posts.
"There is a physical, mental and emotional challenge every single day that has allowed me to maximize my highest potential. And I have tried my very best these past 22 years. There are no shortcuts to success on the field or in life.
"This is difficult for me to write, but here it goes: I am not going to make that competitive commitment anymore. I have loved my NFL career, and now it is time to focus my time and energy on other things that require my attention.
"I've done a lot of reflecting the past week and have asked myself difficult questions. And I am so proud of what we have achieved.
"My teammates, coaches, fellow competitors, and fans deserve 100% of me, but right now, it's best I leave the field of play to the next generation of dedicated and committed athletes."
Article continues below

Football reacts to the legend's retirement

With seven Super Bowl wins and a host of records held, Brady will go down as one of the greatest quarterbacks ever in the NFL.
His prestige transcended sporting boundaries, as confirmed by the number of football clubs and players, past and present, who saluted him following his decision.
lalasticlala mynd44 seun Dominique mukina2

Re: Football Salutes Brady As NFL Legend Confirms Retirement by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 02, 2022
congrats
Re: Football Salutes Brady As NFL Legend Confirms Retirement by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 02, 2022
Players like Didier drogba, luka modric and Thibaut Courtois all congratulated him on Twitter

(1) (Reply)

Bad News For Liverpool Fans / Jose Mourinho Becomes First Manager to Win All 3 European cups / Play It Now!!! Mintyn Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.