Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,378 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

A Must Read: Sen. Bob Displayed Statemanship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Must Read: Sen. Bob Displayed Statemanship (131 Views)

How Senator Bob Displayed Statesmanship By Declaring Support For Umo Eno / Former Imo State Governor Show Exceptional Statemanship / Ize-Iyamu Blasts Obaseki Over Ganduje Video Displayed On Billboard In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read: Sen. Bob Displayed Statemanship by Ibomheadlines: 7:51am On Feb 02, 2022
HOW SENATOR BOB DISPLAYED STATESMANSHIP BY DECLARING SUPPORT FOR UMO ENO AT OWN EXPENSE

Hopes for the governorship ambition of the Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Lands, Pastor Umo Eno, has continue to gather momentum as a major challenger in the race for the 2023 gubernatorial election in Akwa Ibom State, Senator Effiong Bob continues to explain why he voluntarily dropped his ambition.

The Fifth and Sixth National Assembly Senator and political leader of Nsit Ubium Local Government Area, Senator Bob, showed statesmanship, patriotism and sincere believe in the Akwa Ibom project, when he accompanied stakeholders across the state, to consult incumbent Governor Udom Emmanuel at the Governor's Lodge, Government House, Uyo and drum support for Pastor Eno.

"But this is God's project. I saw what transpired yesterday when Pastor Umo Eno was presented. When you see God's hand in a project, one has to be careful", he said.

He therefore declared his total commitment to the vanguard of the Umo Eno governorship project and to be visibly involved in all consultations and campaigns.

Senator Effiong Bob won the hearts of the Governor and stakeholders present, when he told everyone present that his withdrawal from the contest to support Umo Eno, was also informed by his resolve to give Governor Emmanuel his utmost support throughout his administration.
This, he affirmed, he has done since 2015 and remains committed to supporting him to the actualisation of his succession plan.

The Senator said he was at the visit in multiple capacity: as a major stakeholder in the state, as the political leader of Nsit Ubium, where Umo Eno hails from, and as a co-aspirant.

Senator Bob however charged Eno to expect contrary forces and be determined to weather storms that may come to challenge his aspiration.

The incumbent governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, in his reaction, expressed delight with the decision of Senator Bob to throw in the towel, maintaining that it was a demonstration of his commitment to the ideals he has always stood for, and described him as a respectable statesman.

In his words, "If you used to have 99% of my respect, today you have earned 101%. You've shown the kind of fatherly, sportsmanlike, Christian-like disposition that I probably must have underated, but you've displayed it in real action and I'm moved".

Furthermore, Governor Emmanuel said himself and Senator Bob belong to the very few on earth who do not care about themselves but about stewardship and the people, but extolled the Senator as surpassing expectations.

"I used to think that I have a very clear and open heart, but when you see people taking action that beats your own, you cannot but acknowledge it and I really want to appreciate you for that", Mr Emmanuel added.

Governor Emmanuel described the composition of the campaign team as formidable and expressed confidence in their capacity to deliver on the project.

He reassured that the Umo Eno project was divine and that God would go with them all the way, and tasked them to strengthen the morale of the aspirant, reaffirming Umo Eno as an embodiment of godliness and good character and one who has shown great capacity to lead the state.

Director General of the Umo Eno governorship campaign, Ambassador Assam Assam, SAN, thanked Governor Emmanuel for providing the good leadership for the state and instituting peace within the period of his administration and assured that Umo Eno will sustain the legacies

The DG prayed for his blessings and support of the incumbent governor for the Umo Eno project, while promising to leave no stone unturned in ensuring delivery.

The National Coordinator of Maintain Peace Movement, Barr. Emmanuel Enoidem, described Umo Eno as a product without a dent and easy to market, adding that the calmness across the state since the declaration of Umo Eno as preferred successor to Governor Emmanuel was an indicative of his wide acceptability.

Also speaking with government house correspondents

Re: A Must Read: Sen. Bob Displayed Statemanship by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 02, 2022
politics time

(1) (Reply)

Cg Audi Frowns At Withdrawal Of Officials / Gov Sanwo-olu Offers To Take Care Of Two Out-of-school Children / Vulnerable Nigerians’ll Continue To Enjoy Social Safety Nets – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.