Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. (36084 Views)

Qatar 2022: Female referees will be at the men's World Cup for the first time / Real Madrid Wins 2018 FIFA Club World Cup (Photos) / Real Madrid Players Arrive In Dubai For 2018 FIFA Club World Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Polynek(m): 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
Football will soon become boring undecided
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Remman(m): 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
Idamond:
The era of human referees about to come to an end.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZcZSytN-ec/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
i have said it that a time will come that humans will no longer be needed for any job and ponzi schemes will be the only means of making money.

1 Like

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by WoundedLamb: 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
Cousin9999:
Bad idea. The tech isn't there yet. And any large gambling company will try to hack.

Well, the tech will never be there if it's not put to use. Every great tech today started off like this and got refined over the years. The possibility of being hacked has never really stopped any tech advancement. Countries moved to e-voting, automated surgery, etc. despite this possibility. We just have to deal with it if the system will bring better accuracy/efficiency and reduce cost.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
These guys are tryna spoil the fun in football,

How players wan dey use robot referee catch cruise for field na mtcheeww.
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by MoneyGoDrop: 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
Soon football will lose all it's originality and fun. I wish them the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by IdrisE(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
Football debaters right now ���
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by rhythyson: 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
Imagine Arsenal players arguing with a Robot that the their goal was not offside grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
However, we are only at the beginning of this development journey and possible use cases need to be tested thoroughly to assess the capabilities with a view to eventual implementation."

FIFA have plans to implement the technology at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, with the Club World Cup the second in a series of trials, following a successful period at the Arab Cup.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by appliedscience(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

I don't really see any great advantage of a robot over a human referee in this case.
I do.... There will be no more baise decision... Erratic decision making will be minimize, if not totally stopped.
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by planetx: 3:10pm On Feb 02, 2022
Unnecessary invention, what is wrong with human referees.

1 Like

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Geesaintagape: 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2022
Gradually humanity is destroying himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Ijaya123: 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2022
Idamond:

No sir. It will only compliment the efforts of the human referees
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Starzo: 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2022
Isobug:
Who would make the Robot then?
Other highly artificially intelligent robots
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Fcwilly: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
Nbotee:
Robots are taking over Human jobs sha

Not really, robot is creating more jobs than its taking
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by GUDABILITY: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2022
I have said it before, didn't I?

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Nicenixon: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2022
This FIFA are mad o, don't they know that it is referee that makes match interesting sometimes and even robot will still make mistake because during one match, it will just malfunction.
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by penceman(m): 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
Let it do the finals and leave the rest for hm
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by socialmediaman: 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
Cmanforall:
Ok...

It could be to test the integrity
As a baller, I will test it by giving a hot shot!!! grin
That LED screen go break

In case you need extra power

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Emmaculate77(m): 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
Nbotee:
Robots are taking over Human jobs sha

It is actually the humans behind the tech that is doing so. FIFA go still chop their own share of the cake and clean mouth.

Las las, they will still say that it is for the best
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by simplesearch: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
INTENTLYINTENSE:
shocked

50 years from now, i predict airplanes and jet will be obsolete after the advent of newer, mouth gaping and jawdropping technology that for instance might take you to America in an hour or less.

Nonetheless, due to human imperfection there'll still be things like airmishap, plane crash and a whole lot of other infractions resulting from mechanical faults. Human can never attain that state of euphoria we always dream about. Reason we always talk about vision this and that, and eventually the goals are not achieved.
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by UTILITYMAY(m): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
javaguru:
one job lost, I repeat one job lost

Imagine 10 matches in a day which is suppose to have 10 referees, is that not 10 jobs lost for one day. Now, multiply that by the numbers of matches in a week across the world. Thousands of jobs lost for thousands of referees!

THE DOWNSIDES OF TECHNOLOGY!

2 Likes

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Danielakwa(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
inoki247:
Make dem come play the Match for Oshodi if the complete Robot no miss before the first half of blowing undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by AntonVince: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

I don't really see any great advantage of a robot over a human referee in this case.

A human referee no matter how experienced and unbiased will always be susceptible to errors, which automating the job will address.
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by UnusualDammy01(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
Robot ref wey I go use shot scatter if e vex me....
Na style I go use fire the shot.
Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Mayeldah(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
I see one angry player not happy with the way the robot issued red card carrying it and throwing it away.

I see hackers tampering with the decisions of the robot to favor their team.

This I have seen

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by PoliteActivist: 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2022
Starzo:
soon there will be no need for humans

Which will be good riddance to bad rubbish grin
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by Phyde: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
The robot will still favour Manchester United.
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by FaithBrain1994(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2022
Anthony Taylor and Chelsea fans right now
Re: Robot Referees Will Be Use In The Upcoming Club World Cup. by phemmyfour: 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Idamond:

It's still subject to human interpretation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Adebayor Shows Off His Rolls Royce / Nigeria Is Not A Serious Football Country - Keshi / Jay Jay Okocha Shows Off His Ball Joggling Skills As Ladies Look On. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.