Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. (39637 Views)

Why Is There A Senseless Fear And Dislike For Guys With Dreadlocks In Nigeria? / Bald Head Man Rocking Dreadlocks Shows Off Swag (photos) / Natural Hot Dreadlocks Look (brother Locks And Sister Lock) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Goldbw122(m): 6:57am On Feb 03, 2022
I dont even like the dreadlock, it makes someone dirty, like gathering a whole of hair and let it to grow without proper cutting and it is a forest for so many things that you dont want to imagine, and you wont know if you are carrying those things.
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Biafraaa: 7:22am On Feb 03, 2022
The same reason y'all will vote another bad egg to replace the lifeless man is Aso Rock. When will Nigerians ever learn? With this your thinking, I can guarantee you that you will never go far. undecided
Antoeni:
Anytime I see Guys Wearing Dreadlocks, Tatoo , I assume they are either Yahoo guys, THIEVES, Ritualist ,weed smokers or All of the Above.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Coolgent(m): 7:27am On Feb 03, 2022
Very disgusting thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by freshalien: 7:36am On Feb 03, 2022
KingAzubuike:
Anybody wey get dreadlocks or dada and you allow am sleep on your bed or rest head on your pillow, you're on a long thing. That portable Amazon rain forest is a breeding ground for lice, mite and dandruff.

Fallacy of hasty generalization.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by freshalien: 7:42am On Feb 03, 2022
Neymessi:
Dreadlocks make people look irresponsible. Maintain a clean moderate cut

Yes, no wonder people with clean moderate haircut keep committing crimes, day in day out in Nigeria, kidnaping, raping, maiming and killing their fellow Nigerians on a daily basis. While people with dreadlocks, tattoos and piercings are living responsibly and contributing meaningfully to society abroad.

When would Nigerians stop chasing shadows and focus on what is actually important in #the development of every society?? Having dreadlocks, tattoos or piercing has nothing to do with your state of mind, moral-standing or even commitment to living a good life and looking out for others around you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by PaNnamdi: 7:47am On Feb 03, 2022
Neymessi:
Just like tinubu cool
a very well shaven and responsible man
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by PaNnamdi: 7:48am On Feb 03, 2022
firstratedcitiz:
Only mad people keep dreadlocks.
Buhari doesn't have dreads is he a mad man or sane man cool
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by PaNnamdi: 7:50am On Feb 03, 2022
Slurity:
You forgot to mention that wearing loc is a silent way of saying you are not responsible if you are a man, only women can wear it without you becoming suspect of crimes by Nigeria police. If police ask you to come down for search out of many people in a bus, just know that its because of your hair style of black lips of a smoker
I heard the that Nigerian police that maintain low cut hair style are the most responsible on earth cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Ten06(m): 8:39am On Feb 03, 2022
msMonyei:

Try dey appreciate your race, the texture of a white man's hair can't support dreadlocks cuz it's too tender.

OK. No thanks for your unsolicited advice
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Godmademan(m): 9:04am On Feb 03, 2022
VEXT:
grin grin
This is dreadful
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Godmademan(m): 9:13am On Feb 03, 2022
Datboredberry:
Stop spewing sh**

With proper maintenance, locks make a black man look like a black man!!! undecided

Y'all cut off your hair and end up looking hideous... Keep an afro atleast...

Black men are ugly without hair... Honestly...

Don't assume all women have poor taste...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 03, 2022
[quote author=Godmademan post=109913971][/quote] Idris Elba is a walking God... How many Nigerian men can compare?
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Godmademan(m): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2022
Datboredberry:
Idris Elba is a walking God... How many Nigerian men can compare?
I and RMD

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by EmpressOne(f): 10:10am On Feb 03, 2022
For the ignorant fools saying locs are ugly, it is Natural and it's Godly, so if you say it's ugly, it's like saying God/Nature is ugly. And who are you to judge Shut the Bleep up and be humble, appreciate God/nature because it is perfect the way it is!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by folake4u(f): 11:12am On Feb 03, 2022
kiss

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by 1F30M4(f): 11:39am On Feb 03, 2022
This is very insightful, weldone Joe. I feel anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. If you love keeping dreads, please keep 'em clean and nice, same goes to y'all who loves to keep a full beard. If you can't keep up at any point in time, you can always get a clean cut and start all over as you wish. A lot of people get it all wrong and don't know how to go about it, feel free to reach out to our distinguished hair loctician for more advice & tips.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Smyk13: 11:53am On Feb 03, 2022
Me, I love dreads very much, but no be for my head!
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by OgunkeelAllMod: 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2022
suffering:
Here we go again talking about hairstyles or features and displaying only attractive people with it. Why isn’t Jay Z’s picture there? His hair falls under dreads.
even tupac6, Dr Dre and many other black. Jamaican dread is on a whole another level than the fake ones being worn by lot of criminals here. You see buju, Marley, Don Carlos, you see huge talent and respect oozing out of them.. No be for naija here o, they are mostly thieves and criminal. The copy copy, follow follow trend is even worse! Many no no wetin really fit them! See dem now wearing that stupid shower cap all over the place, yuck! Naija women no get sense true!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by TheGift: 1:20pm On Feb 03, 2022
Neymessi:

It is how you are seeing that makes it look irresponsible. You are looking at it through a colonized prism of what is acceptable.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Titheman(m): 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
Albertone:

I dey hear am too.Na true? Dem don disband dem na.
nobe only disband na blueband
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Adadioranma79(f): 1:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
Me n you same

Ayt27:

I am currently growing out my locs recently had it locked, I don't look irresponsible, there's that awkward stage in the beginning where your hair doesn't look like it knows what it's doing but in time it levels up.

My stylist told me no water on the hair at all, so I try not to allow water touch it. I use the Hollywood Beeswax cream and it does a good job, I think.

It's the full locs and to have them relocked again will take a full day, the first time was painful enough.

I'm excited though, it looks good on me, but it's going to take a long time too.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by firstratedcitiz(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2022
PaNnamdi:

Buhari doesn't have dreads is he a mad man or sane man cool
Hahaha. Na you talk that one.
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Albertone(m): 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2022
Titheman:

nobe only disband
na blueband

If you wan answer person,answer!

They are now SWAT but I had no idea they've started operating like before again.
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Titheman(m): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2022
Albertone:

If you wan answer person,answer!

They are now SWAT but I had no idea they've started operating like before again.

oga where are u staying sef?

there is nothing like SWAT

they are still Anti Robbery Squad

and they are still terrorizing young men
Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by JoesmartNwaSoiL(m): 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2022
Thanks dear ❤️
You seem familiar tho.
1F30M4:
This is very insightful, weldone Joe. I feel anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. If you love keeping dreads, please keep 'em clean and nice, same goes to y'all who loves to keep a full beard. If you can't keep up at any point in time, you can always get a clean cut and start all over as you wish. A lot of people get it all wrong and don't know how to go about it, feel free to reach out to our distinguished hair loctician for more advice & tips.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Keep Dreadlocks If You're Not Ready: The Dos And Don'ts. by Albertone(m): 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2022
Titheman:

oga where are u staying sef?

there is nothing like SWAT

they are still Anti Robbery Squad

and they are still terrorizing young men

Lol you're kidding.
My lawyer knows the 2ic SWAT(2nd in command) in a station in Ogun State.

Na street boys wey disguise dey terrorize you oh no be sars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top5 Wrist Watches Expensive Than Any Car / Makeup Artist Ruins Lady's Wedding Photos, Gets Called Out / Nigerian Instagram Accounts To Kickstart Your Business Online Presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.