Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Pst. Umo Eno Consults A'ibom State Deputy Governor.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pst. Umo Eno Consults A'ibom State Deputy Governor.. (317 Views)

Tinubu Consults Governors Of States Sharing Boundaries With Niger Republic / Umo Eno Kneels Down As Governor Udom Annoints Him As Successor (Photo) / Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pst. Umo Eno Consults A'ibom State Deputy Governor.. by Ibomheadlines: 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2022
PASTOR UMO ENO CONSULTS DEPUTY GOVERNOR, PROMISES TO BE A SERVANT LEADER

The Governorship intention of Pastor Umo Eno in Akwva Ibom State come 2023 has further received a boost with the Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State, throwing his full weight behind the aspiration.

The occasion was a formal presentation of the Commissioner for Lands and Water Resources, Pastor Umo Eno to the Deputy Governor,Mr Moses Ekpo at his lodge, Government House, Uyo by the Director General of the Campaign Organisation alongside the national leadership of the Maintain Peace Movement.

Presenting the gubernatorial hopeful to the Deputy Governor, a former state Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, and one time Nigeria's Ambassador to Russia, Chief Assam Assam, SAN, said Umo Eno had the pedigree needed to sustain the development legacies of the Udom Emmanuel led adminstration.

He described him as an accomplished gentleman who successfully managed several private outfits before being engaged in public service and assured that Akwa Ibom State stands to benefit from his wealth of experience if supported.

Also speaking, Barr Emmanuel Enoidem the Chairman of the Maintain Peace Movement, MPM, recounted that during their consultation visits across the entire state, they had told the people that once the Governor receives the direction from God, they would abide by such decision, and further described the choice of Pastor Umo Eno as the best for the State.

"Your Excellency, since Pastor Umo Eno was unveiled on Sunday, there has been relative peace in the state, except for few persons who had wished that they would be rather selected.

"If Pastor Eno had any baggage(ill quality), by now those who don't like him would have flooded the media with such facts, but as it is, no one can question his credibility and that is why we are proud to present him", Enoidem said.

Pastor Eno said he had rough patches in his early days and from a background of hardship but God saw him through those harrowing experiences to shape him for the future, and promised that he would not let the state down.

"Please provide for me the shoulder I can lean on, and I promise the entire state that I will be a servant leader", Pastor Eno appealed.

Receiving the visitors, the Deputy Governor, Mr. Moses Ekpo threw his weight behind the governorship ambition of Pastor Umo Eno, describing him as the right man for the Hilltop plum job.

Mr. Ekpo described events that culminated in Umo Eno's unveiling on Sunday evening as clear indications that there is a finger of God in the whole episode.

The deputy Governor advised those who may have preferred to be chosen ahead of Mr Umo Eno to bury their grievances and join the peace movement for the betterment of the State.

"I was very sympathetic with my Governor when I saw the array of people that indicated interest in the Governorship job.

"I told my Governor that he would have a herculean task at hand. Two of us share one thing in very common; the fact that it's only God that rules in the affairs of men.

"My message to you today is that it is only God who could have done this.Why don't we thank God that there is God's inspiration in the nomination of who would be the successor?

"Pastor Eno happens to be my colleague in the executive council. I am one of his confidante and there was never a time he whispered to me that he would want to be a Governor.

"He is efficient, very efficient, he is a team leader in the Completion Agenda."

"His background; he's business oriented and he knows how to relate with business men, and I see his unveiling as the finger of God".

"I bless you, I ask God to protect you. The God you serve will guide you and would direct you.Go in peace and continue to serve the Lord", Mr Ekpo prayed.

© MPM MEDIA NETWORK

Re: Pst. Umo Eno Consults A'ibom State Deputy Governor.. by PrinceOfLagos: 5:13pm On Feb 02, 2022
Matters arising
Re: Pst. Umo Eno Consults A'ibom State Deputy Governor.. by Lajerop: 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
Relax, let's wait for them... Time no dey lie

(1) (Reply)

CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, Not Interested In 2023 Presidential Race / Atiku’s Supporter Remanded In Prison For Allegedly Insulting Emir / Abuja Lg Elections: Cross River Pdp Chairman Accuses Inec Of Rigging For Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.