Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ (23886 Views)

Media Company Rejects Male Corper, Wants 2 Gorgeous Female Corpers / Tall Male Corper & A Short Female Corper: "When Goliath Finally Meets David" / Busty Female Corper Set The Media Ablaze With Eye-popping Photo (2) (3) (4)

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Automolite: 10:27am On Feb 03, 2022
apacheguy:

This is the mentality that has kept us on this terrible path. She influenced her posting to Abuja or not, let's first attack the corruption that has been identified, that has been proven beyond reasonable doubt and we'll talk about that later.

With this mentality of yours, what you're trying to say is that we fight any act of corruption since it is possible she influenced her posting to Abuja even though that assertion is yet to be proven
This ur premise is fundamentally flawed. Assuming she influenced the posting, then she has no moral justification to complain because she is a big part of the corruption.
Second, we have only one side of this story. There is no way to assertain the authenticity of her claims.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by fitinwell: 10:27am On Feb 03, 2022
Islie:
NYSC PPA Rejects First Class Graduate For ‘lacking Political Connection’

https://fij.ng/article/nysc-ppa-rejects-first-class-graduate-for-lacking-political-connection/

Stella Ishiekwene Kpolugbo:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221733476347779&id=1281822526&sfnsn=scwspmo

Ejiro i first put it to you that you are fantastically corrupt.. alongside your parents..

You studied psychology ...

You are either to be posted at State Department Police Station for field experience...

Or Law firm...

Not Oil and Gas...
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by MansoryMX(m): 10:29am On Feb 03, 2022
Frankwest77:
I thought NYSC Bye laws says no posting to Banks and Oil companies

You dey mind the stupid woman. She didn’t only made sure her daughter graduated with first class, she worked her posting to a company. This country eh! Definitely not for the poor or unconnected!!!

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2022
apacheguy:

This is the mentality that has kept us on this terrible path. She influenced her posting to Abuja or not, let's first attack the corruption that has been identified, that has been proven beyond reasonable doubt and we'll talk about that later.

With this mentality of yours, what you're trying to say is that we fight any act of corruption since it is possible she influenced her posting to Abuja even though that assertion is yet to be proven
He that comes for equity must come with a clean hands.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by otomatic(m): 10:34am On Feb 03, 2022
I experienced this thing in 2006 when I served in the North.
Nigerian geological survey asked me to get a letter from a Minister for them to allow me do my primary assignment with them.
They informed me that one corper from the previous batch was serving there but he was sent there from "above". So they were taking care of his accommodation and allowances.
I asked them to just give me a place to stay and not bother about allowances. I was offering/willing to work for free just to get the experience, being an earth scientist. They refused.
Oya give me a letter of rejection, they still refused.
I had to show annoyance before they eventually gave me that rejection later 2 days later.
And this place was headed by a Professor o.
I thank God, I survived NYSC. If not that my home was more than 24 hours away by road, i would have just quit. Because I was stranded with nowhere to pass the night.
Thank God for one banker who used to come to our camp. He saw me tired and worn out that first day in the evening and gave me directions to the state Lodge. God bless him wherever he is.
My experiences during that one year were not such that can promote national cohesion in my mind.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by KaptainAfrika: 10:37am On Feb 03, 2022
SCRAP NYSC.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by oluwaSavage: 10:44am On Feb 03, 2022
bbamusa:
what is a psychologist looking for at Oil and gas working place? shift make i sit down abegi!

Mr Musa, please seek more knowledge and information about psychology.
Psychologist can work at almost anywhere.

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Lamasta(m): 11:02am On Feb 03, 2022
otomatic:
I experienced this thing in 2006 when I served in the North.
Nigerian geological survey asked me to get a letter from a Minister for them to allow me do my primary assignment with them.
They informed me that one corper from the previous batch was serving there but he was sent there from "above". So they were taking care of his accommodation and allowances.
I asked them to just give me a place to stay and not bother about allowances. I was offering/willing to work for free just to get the experience, being an earth scientist. They refused.
Oya give me a letter of rejection, they still refused.
I had to show annoyance before they eventually gave me that rejection later 2 days later.
And this place was headed by a Professor o.
I thank God, I survived NYSC. If not that my home was more than 24 hours away by road, i would have just quit. Because I was stranded with nowhere to pass the night.
Thank God for one banker who used to come to our camp. He saw me tired and worn out that first day in the evening and gave me directions to the state Lodge. God bless him wherever he is.
My experiences during that one year were not such that can promote national cohesion in my mind.

This your last paragraph calls for concern o....

Every genuine youth corp member both past and present have a story to tell whether positively or negatively.....

My concern is that why is the parent more concerned of the rejection more than the the victim if truly they have not influenced the posting from beginning

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by galadima77(m): 11:03am On Feb 03, 2022
Kccheechy:
that’s a lie!!! If you know God, you need no other connection. It might also be that her rejection can be a blessing in disguise.

Well said
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by tctrills: 11:27am On Feb 03, 2022
checkmatez:
Can she prove she didn't worked her posting to Abuja, even worked her posting from camp to get a better PPA. Because they rejected you then Nigeria is bad. The course studied don't really have any business with the intended office.
Nonsense news
What's wrong with you. These are our youths being treated as trash.
You are now accusing her of working her posting yet failing to look into her complain.
You are really wicked.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by pacespot(m): 11:29am On Feb 03, 2022
Not "political connection" but because she was perceived as not being rich. The gravest sin you can commit in Nigeria is looking for a job meant for the rich while you look poor. That is why people do packaging a lot in Nigeria. The way Nigerians look down on "poor" people mehn, you would wish you never came to this country.

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Comedian2019: 11:29am On Feb 03, 2022
What happens in govt jobs is now happening to corps members.
This is a message clear and loud that Nigeria is not for her.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Comedian2019: 11:33am On Feb 03, 2022
checkmatez:
Can she prove she didn't worked her posting to Abuja, even worked her posting from camp to get a better PPA. Because they rejected you then Nigeria is bad. The course studied don't really have any business with the intended office.
Nonsense news
In a sane society, do you need to influence your posting in the first place?
Rather than blame the victim, let's join voices to condemn the oppression on the masses in the name of "connection".
What is wrong is wrong.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Whois(m): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2022
The truth is very bitter

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by apacheguy: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2022
Automolite:

This ur premise is fundamentally flawed. Assuming she influenced the posting, then she has no moral justification to complain because she is a big part of the corruption.
Second, we have only one side of this story. There is no way to assertain the authenticity of her claims.

Look at you contradicting yourself on all fronts, you want to hear the other side of the story and already concluded she influenced her posting. Does that really make sense to you?

I always wonder why we keep getting it wrong in this country, and we'll always get it wrong so far who have majority with this type of mentality.

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by apacheguy: 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
He that comes for equity must come with a clean hands.

So there's no need attempting to fixing whatever is obviously wrong right? Now I understand why the country is the way it is.

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by TempleHouse: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
ivolt:

No she can't proved it and she doesn't need to.
BTW, why are you angry that a corrupt system is being exposed?
Thank you!
It’s difficult to pity those who are happy to remain in their state of ignorance!
Those making noises are gullible people who have themselves not benefit from the sorry state of rotten Nigeria, but are happy to ignore the main issue and focus on the irrelevant matter.
I will Never pray for Nigeria but only wish individuals well !!!
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by PrinceGallant: 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2022
My people would say "ẹjọ́ làá kọ́, enikan kìí kọ́ ìjà" meaning that we learn how to report shenanigans of mischievous people, we do not just confront them".

That the lady was denied because she did not have political affiliation is just a conjecture that cannot be proven. The woman and her daughter could have done better in exposing the organisation rather implicating a staffer who told them the naked truth.

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
LandMann:
After working her posting to Abuja and the PPA you want Nigerians to join you guys in fighting her rejection because the corruption you all started didn't end in her favour. Thunder strike all of you there. Useless people

How do you guys knew she worked it. The system has really bastardized the citizens of this country.

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2022
Comedian2019:

In a sane society, do you need to influence your posting in the first place?
Rather than blame the victim, let's join voices to condemn the oppression on the masses in the name of "connection".
What is wrong is wrong.

Nah u help am influence the posting. Come out plain please.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by esthel(f): 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2022
Normal thing in Abuja na, CAC rejected me too, I left and got another place not without connection tho, these issues are worrisome jor.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Poanan: 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2022
checkmatez:
Nonsense news
Well, u may be right on the postjng but sometimes it happens. I also did service in Abuja without influence. But mkst parastatals dont accept you unless tou know someone. Bit apart from few people who got lucky most govt office do not retain so what is the point? She may have been posted to that place without influence.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by otomatic(m): 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
Lamasta:
[/b]

This your last paragraph calls for concern o....

Every genuine youth corp member both past and present have a story to tell whether positively or negatively.....

My concern is that why is the parent more concerned of the rejection more than the the victim if truly they have not influenced the posting from beginning

Bros, I had negative experiences throughout.
And it has made me very wary of people from a particular section of the country and I'm not referring to the northerners in whose region I served.
All my bad experiences involved people from a particular region.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Lamasta(m): 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
otomatic:

Bros, I had negative experiences throughout.
And it has made me very wary of people from a particular section of the country and I'm not referring to the northerners in whose region I served.
All my bad experiences involved people from a particular region.

Lols boss which of the region frustrate you grin
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by yunqdady: 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by LegacyB: 5:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
RedEnergy:
All this drama for what exactly? Let her find another PPA, it's not a do-or-die affair that she must work for OGFZA. They have the right to reject or accept her or pick whom they like. She is pained because it is a lucrative big shot organization. If they post her to a school inside a jungle in Zamfara now, she will reject it and run her posting to where she likes to workgrin. Shoe get sizes. The Elite want to roll with the Elite, that's Nigeria for you.
Your IQ really baffles me.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by vikgreen01(m): 5:20pm On Feb 03, 2022
federal9:
They call them first-class because they are special. They get the best PPA before considering 2'1, and 2'2.

I am sure she didn't work anything. The guy on FP said shit.
Greetings to u…

They have stopped this doctrines I guess u must have served during the good old days… the three girls In my class broke the jinx of FIRST CLASS since 1990 they created the department. They were celebrated and even featured in the punch news but unfortunately 2 were posted to schools and 1 was thrown in a sawmill facilities in far away eastern part of the country.. it took an extra effort for the girl thrown in a sawmill facilities to redeploy to Lagos nd dashed to a school.

On the other hand, our class rep with barely 2.2 was posted to ministry of health and a close friend of mine with 2.2 as well was posted to a polytechnic.

Mind u I am not judging based on my experience but I have also heard around how they re not considering the special 1.1 graduate first but resulted to who knows who…. Just my submission..!!!
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by blackboy(m): 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2022
NYSC , FG or even NASS needs to look at NYSC holistic. It has further divided the country and has outlived its useful or purpose.
2010 all those posted to NCC were rejected unless ....
The comments could comefrom paid PR staff of the company or just haters who want others to suffer cause they are bitter or miserable.
dchem:
I have read with shock the reaction of many people who have commented so far. We are indeed a terrible nation. Many of those who commented did not even read the post, but jumped in to leave a comment to show their joy on how the rich is suffering what they have suffered.

I am not surprised with the leaders we have, because it's a prototype of who we are. A majority of us are sadist and selfish and hence we can only elect sadistic and selfish leaders.

Nigeria is in need of a miracle.
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Hassanmaye(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2022
Elsueno:

Sorry ma sister, I remembered during my NYSC my ppa refused me too, as the son of an ordinary honest Nigerian, I nor to care sef, cause I already knew the reality on ground, I was eventually posted to one school village, sha, d principal told me, wether u stay or go AWOL na u sabi & gave me like 12 copies of clearance form signed & stamped grin

I did try to teach but the students ain't even interested in coming to class more than once a week......I almost got married in dat village, .....like village elders go call me, and say make I choose girl to marry...but my dad refused when I told him grin
Haha which village is that?
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Hassanmaye(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
Nonexisting:
Covenant University and Psychology too? Glorified secondary school and rubbish course and the woman dey make noise. Mtchew
Blood of Zachariah! Na covenant be glorified secondary
Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Spherical77(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Blood of Zachariah! Na covenant be glorified secondary
Welcome to nairaland where talk is cheap grin grin

Re: OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ by Freethinker87: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2022
checkmatez:
Nonsense news

Why do you assume only chemical and mechanical engineers work at the oil and gas sector? You speak so confidently like you know the victim personally or the circumstances of her rejection. Unfortunately, you have a poor understanding of organizational structure.

A graduate of psychology is better fit for HR roles than any other discipline. Her discipline is perfectly suited for her PPA posting. Sir, try and educate yourself before jumping on unfamiliar topics.

Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China / NYSC Slogans Corpers And Ex-corpers Can Relate With / The BEAUTY Of Plateau State Orientation Camp MANGU! Five Star Hotel Or What???

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65