Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks (783 Views)

Women Arrested In Obigbo: 'Soldiers Raped & Tortured Us In Abuja Barracks' / Governor Emmanuel Inaugurates Projects At Army Barracks In Abak L. G. A...photos / 2016 Audit Report: Presidency Illegally Moved N14bn To Establish Army Barracks.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by Bayonet40: 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
Share of your experience at any Mammy market in the Nigerian Army Barracks.

Re: History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2022
wow historic
Re: History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by Mhykel217(m): 9:01pm On Feb 02, 2022
Great.

Never even thought Mammy was someone's name
Re: History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by Lifestone(m): 4:25am On Feb 03, 2022
True Legend forever
Re: History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by Emils: 5:07am On Feb 03, 2022
Fascinating story
Re: History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by Racoon(m): 5:45am On Feb 03, 2022
I once read about this interesting story and was like whao! So this was how the famous Mammy Markets in our military Barracks started? Still remember the ones in Letmauk, Abakpa, Abacha and Dodan Barracks as my favorites.

The Burukutu joints are one of the funniest part where soldiers always loose their sanity when they are high to stupor grin Life in the Barracks was incomplete without Mammy markets. I guess, this is still the idea behind the Mammy markets in NYSC camps.
Re: History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by bcomputer101: 6:06am On Feb 03, 2022
Mami market: A place where all atrocities are been committed.

Come to ojo barrack
Re: History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by Bucky001(m): 6:08am On Feb 03, 2022
Its helped me avoid the watery suop that was usually served from the kitchen during my NSYSC. Though, sellers exploited us severely by their skyrocketed prices of commodities
Re: History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by Vulcanheph(m): 8:39am On Feb 03, 2022
Someone should help me tag that mofo that created a thread that said "women are not supposed to bring anything to the table"... Let her come and see what Men really mean when we ask "what you bring to the table".
Re: History Of Mammy Market In Nigerian Army Barracks by KingMack(m): 10:29am On Feb 03, 2022
Chai chilling in mammy market is not complete without dog meat & brukutu grin

(1) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinmaa Empower Imo Youths With 2700 Phone For Media Attack On IPOB / 10 Richest Politicians In Nigeria 2022 : Cars & Networth / 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.