Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,280 members, 7,867,749 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

Why Don't Fishes Digest Easily?? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Don't Fishes Digest Easily?? (359 Views)

Why Don't Nigerians Eat Vulture? / Big Fishes Caught In Ahoada, Rivers State (Photos) / Covid 19 Offer---Grab Your Frozen Chicken And Fishes At Ridiculous Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Fishes Digest Easily?? by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 03, 2022
I noticed that my stomach remains full whenever I eat fish, and I will never feel hungry throughout the day.

I am just curious, why is it so? is it that the enzymes in the stomach can't break down fish as it does for other food? What's the difference?

There was a time I went out in the morning and decided to buy some fried fish (an estimate of a whole medium piece) which I later eat without taking it with anything but a bottle of coke. Surprisingly, my stomach remained filled throughout that day, I had to force myself to eat some other food at night to prevent malnutrition.

Why is it so, why don't fishes digest easily?
Re: Why Don't Fishes Digest Easily?? by Cyphar(m): 1:30am On Feb 03, 2022
really? I never experienced such... tho I don't eat fish.
Re: Why Don't Fishes Digest Easily?? by Nobody: 4:28am On Feb 03, 2022
Re: Why Don't Fishes Digest Easily?? by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 03, 2022
InTheCloudySky:
Fish is filling, especially Salmon, but not to the extent where I'll be so full that I won't feel like eating anything else for the rest of the day. At least I've never experienced that and I eat a lot of fish.

What type of fish are you eating, OP, that you don't feel hungry throughout the day? Can you post a pic of it?

The fish is usually oily and tilapia. Most fishes though, the only exception is catfish.

Yester night, I almost choke from over filed stomach, I guess I will have to stop eating fish since I am the only one experiencing this so far.
Re: Why Don't Fishes Digest Easily?? by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 03, 2022

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Fishes Digest Easily?? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2022
InTheCloudySky:

If you're saying it fills you up for the rest of the day, then you're likely eating it for breakfast. Yes?

Fish is high in protein. Protein typically digests slowly (slower than carbs and fat) and keeps you full longer and if you're eating it in the morning, then it makes sense that it'll take a while for you to feel hungry again, as it's very satiating. It helps to know what you're also eating it with. What do you eat?

Thanks, this is the explanation I need.

I don't eat typical foods like that, I mostly take golden morn (I can take it twice a day) and fruits, I don't eat much fish with rice or any other food but I add enough fish to indomie, so I experience it whenever I do so, I also eat it plainly, without eating any other thing. Just fish.

I had a lazy intestine though, can't even eat heavy foods, it will make me very uncomfortable, digest very slowly and I will drink too much water.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Once Upon A Time In Nigeria / weight loss foods at home / Lil Nas X Friend's Tweet - "God Is Non Binary"? Trends After Jada Smith's Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.