Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Lagos GIS - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos GIS (3559 Views)

SURE- P!!! Please Pay The Monthly Allowance Of GIS Programme / Gis, Gps, Environmental Consultancy, Gis Training, Satelite Imagery Serv Ices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos GIS by Mancentral(m): 12:03am On Jun 23, 2011
http://gis.lagosstate.gov.ng/LAGIS/WebPages/Map/MapViewer.aspx

Has anyone seen this? I think its's pretty impressive, if you know how to navigate the map viewer. however, I have a question. Does anyone know this data can be accessed digitally from the state?

Please, I need only serious answers, !!!! Thanks.
Re: Lagos GIS by Iretia(m): 11:55pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mancentral:

http://gis.lagosstate.gov.ng/LAGIS/WebPages/Map/MapViewer.aspx

Has anyone seen this? I think its's pretty impressive, if you know how to navigate the map viewer. however, I have a question. Does anyone know this data can be accessed digitally from the state?

Please, I need only serious answers, !!!! Thanks.

I spent a few weeks in November 2011 evaluating the LAGIS online map portal and i found it amazing.
I found the LAGIS online portal very engaging and stimulating. It provides public access to the best of Lagos. The concept is world class and the implementation is brilliant. From a usability point of view, I found the layout and the map tools very easy to use and refreshing

An Evaluation of the Map Tools
This portal has a complete list of relevant map tools that encourages serious exploration and exploitation of the map content. The Zoom tools are standard professional tools and very easy to use. The panning tool is delightful. I also found tools like Identify, Previous Map, MapTip etc very illuminating as they take map interaction to the next level.

In terms of functionality, I dare say that this portal has more professional map tools than the mighty Google map. Some of the tools embedded in LAGIS portal that are conspicuously missing in Google map include the distance measurement tool, the selections tools and the Buffer selections!!!

I am now looking at the Orthophoto for Lagos on the LAGIS Portal …men, the only thing I can say is Eko oo ni baje ooooo!! Yes this is an apt response to what I am seeing. I did a simple comparative test. I wanted to compare the imageries of the same area in both Google map and LAGIS. I zoomed to an area of Adelabu Rd in Surulere that I know very well. GIS beats Google's satellite imagery hands down!!! (see the imageries below showing the same area around Adelabu Rd, Masha, Surulere)

The portal seemed to be having serious problem right now. I have noticed that it is not available now since December 2011. Well good things do not last including fuel subsidy hahahaaaa!!

I blogged about this portal extensively, why dont you check it out (see http://lagosstreetmap..com/2011/11/lagos-online-enterprise-gis-portal-is.html )

I have a couple of issues with this project. One is about data update. This is a N3billion project, howeverwhen the project was officially launched in March 2011, very little was said about the data update strategy for the project to improve the data currency assurance going forward. Is the data collection management a one off-sprint or is there a strategy that defines the systematic and consistent methology for collecting data updates? E.g, when a new building springs up somewhere in Lagos today or an existing one collapeses or is demolished, how long does it take to register this update the LAGIS database?
In June 2011, it was reported that there were about 1.2million houses in Lagos, will the LAGIS project still be dependable to give an accurate estimate of the total number of houses in Lagos 7years from now?

For the data to remain reliable dependable and capable of supporting decision making process in the most consistent way, (for which reason it was set up), it must be updated and versioned very regularly. A definite data lifecycle strategy must be applied rigorously to make the project relevant 50years from now. The ISO 19100 series of standards for Geographic Information could be very useful in defining this strategy. See http://lagosstreetmap..com/2011/12/how-many-houses-are-in-lagos-as-at.html

-Ireti Ajala

Re: Lagos GIS by emak1991: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
I'm a GIS (Geographic information system) analyst. I train people on different GIS software's such as Arcgis,Qgis,idrisi terrset,Google earth,smartGIs editor,Global mapper,snap and surfer.analysis performed are image classification,creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps,thematic maps(population map,election map etc),NDVI(normalized difference vegetation index).etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.thanks and God bless.online training 5k, physical training 15k
Re: Lagos GIS by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 7:57am On Aug 16, 2020
No wonder I feel someone is always looking at me
Re: Lagos GIS by akin1991: 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
For ur training in different GIS software's such as Arcgis, Qgis, idrisi terrset, Google earth, smartGIs editor, Global mapper and surfer. Analysis performed Include image classification, creation of elevation map (contour),location allocation analysis, service area analysis, study area maps, thematic maps(population map, election map etc), NDVI, NDWI, time mapping, Geocoding, land cover forecast. etc.Any interested person should contact me on dis no 08106244065.online training 7k, physical training now 40k.Geospatial Science Enterprise..
Re: Lagos GIS by emak1991: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
A GIS online training which runs for 7k now for as low as 2k.this runs from January 4 to January ending...join d WhatsApp link below to join d group where d training will hold.
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GLuk3xOWvq9GoyEi6cPfp0

Or call me on 08106244065 to add u up to the WhatsApp group

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Big Thieves Evade Justice By Protracting Case Files — EFCC / Comics Only Introverts Will Understand / Spikedcylinder - Romance Disputed Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.