Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account (973 Views)

6 Reasons To Use Polaris Bank Debit Cards / Polaris Bank Network Failures And The Silence Of CBN / Polaris Bank: Skye Bank Changes Name On Twitter And Facebook (2) (3) (4)

Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by Lokoyen(m): 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hello Nairalander, please be careful when trading online, Scammers now connive with bank workers to operate a fully functional business/corporate account.

One that happened to me recently gave me an eye-opener to be more watchful.

These guys impersonate LONTOR Company with a fully functional business bank account in the company’s name.

I saw an ad on Facebook of LONTOR NIGERIA LTD about a rechargeable fan and I opted to buy it, I didn’t care if the page is for Lontor as it could be one of their distributors, all I care about is where to pay to.

As if these guys know that people won’t pay into an individual account, they presented business account LONTOR NIGERIA LTD with POLARIS BANK.

Upon seeing the account is a Business account I knew I was safe, but it was all a scheme to scam people.

I had already paid 12k Naira into the account when I discovered I didn’t check properly if the business is even registered with CAC and so on.

ACCOUNT DETAILS
Account Name: Lontor Nigeria Ltd
Account Number: 7040929811
Bank Name: Polaris Bank.
Phone number: 07040929811

PLEASE SEND YOUR PAYMENT EVIDENCE ONCE YOU ARE DONE WITH THE PAYMENT. SO THAT WE CAN ISSUE OUT YOUR RECEIPT

I am sharing this because anyone could fall for such a scam.

Politicians are scamming us Banks too now connive with scammers to open a business account.

To open a fully functional business account is not an easy task, the reason it can’t be used for scamming unless there is a collaboration with an insider in the bank.

If POLARIS BANK Don’t probe this SCAMMERS corporate account and the account officer, there is going to be trouble for them now or later. They will lose customers' trust completely.

LONTOR NIGERIA LTD is not even a registered business in Nigeria. I did a name search CAC public search, no such name.

Let us just be careful!

Dominique
Tabbaz

Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by egwajoe(m): 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
Thank You for the Information,
God will Reward you Saving Many.
And they will be Apprehended One Day, Unless they Repent!!!
Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by Lokoyen(m): 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2022
egwajoe:
Thank You for the Information,
God will Reward you Saving Many.
And they will be Apprehended One Day, Unless they Repent!!!

You're welcome
Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by dominique(f): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
Not only Polaris, they started with FCMB, then access bank with account names similar to the name or company they want to impersonate. Now pretty much every commercial bank has given these scammers the means to open disposable account without BVN using any account name they wish. I wonder how on earth CBN approved of this
Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by Lokoyen(m): 11:17pm On Feb 03, 2022
dominique:
Not only Polaris, they started with FCMB, then access bank with account names similar to the name or company they want to impersonate. Now pretty much every commercial bank has given these scammers the means to open disposable account without BVN using any account name they wish. I wonder how on earth CBN approved of this

WoW! CBN need to wade in before things get out of hands

I think it is best you help move this to front page so that people can be aware of this new scamming technique.

The money is small for me but not small for some people.
Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by Springboot: 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
dominique:

No bank will allow you open a limited liability company account without proper documentation, not even the digital banks. Stop the false information.

This OP story doesn't add up.

Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by Fibonacci88: 3:48am On Feb 04, 2022
Springboot:

No bank will allow you open a limited liability company account without proper documentation, not even the digital banks. Stop the false information.

This OP story doesn't add up.
I think it's a wallet acc where ur phone number is ur acc number without d first digit. U don't need to visit d bank sef to get this account. The op was quick to make payment without due diligence maybe because the deal was mouth watering. If u look at d acc number he posted u will see it's similar to the phone number. This account can be opened even without bvn but usually has a limit of 50k per transaction. These scammers can open the wallet with any name and they know Nigerians like seeing business acc for online payment hence d need to clone a reputable company.

Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by Fibonacci88: 3:56am On Feb 04, 2022
Lokoyen:
Hello Nairalander, please be careful when trading online, Scammers now connive with bank workers to operate a fully functional business/corporate account.

One that happened to me recently gave me an eye-opener to be more watchful.

These guys impersonate LONTOR Company with a fully functional business bank account in the company’s name.

I saw an ad on Facebook of LONTOR NIGERIA LTD about a rechargeable fan and I opted to buy it, I didn’t care if the page is for Lontor as it could be one of their distributors, all I care about is where to pay to.

As if these guys know that people won’t pay into an individual account, they presented business account LONTOR NIGERIA LTD with POLARIS BANK.

Upon seeing the account is a Business account I knew I was safe, but it was all a scheme to scam people.

I had already paid 12k Naira into the account when I discovered I didn’t check properly if the business is even registered with CAC and so on.

ACCOUNT DETAILS
Account Name: Lontor Nigeria Ltd
Account Number: 7040929811
Bank Name: Polaris Bank.
Phone number: 07040929811

PLEASE SEND YOUR PAYMENT EVIDENCE ONCE YOU ARE DONE WITH THE PAYMENT. SO THAT WE CAN ISSUE OUT YOUR RECEIPT

I am sharing this because anyone could fall for such a scam.

Politicians are scamming us Banks too now connive with scammers to open a business account.

To open a fully functional business account is not an easy task, the reason it can’t be used for scamming unless there is a collaboration with an insider in the bank.

If POLARIS BANK Don’t probe this SCAMMERS corporate account and the account officer, there is going to be trouble for them now or later. They will lose customers' trust completely.

LONTOR NIGERIA LTD is not even a registered business in Nigeria. I did a name search CAC public search, no such name.

Let us just be careful!

Dominique
Tabbaz
That acc u paid into is not a business acc. That it's has a business name doesn't make it a business account. Don't be quick to blame the bank when na u lose guard. Like someone pointed out u need cac registration and a whole lots of documents to operate a business acc. A lot of banks have this wallet account where ur phone number without d first zero is ur acc number. It's was an initiative targeted for the underbanked. It's unfortunate that fraudsters are always more enlightened than us in terms of information that's why to scam Nigerians no hard. They are using this account to perpetuate fraud because of the non-existent kyc required for opening such account. If ur bank wants to conive to scam u no be 12k na. U set reasons am

Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by Lokoyen(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2022
Fibonacci88:

That acc u paid into is not a business acc. That it's has a business name doesn't make it a business account. Don't be quick to blame the bank when na u lose guard. Like someone pointed out u need cac registration and a whole lots of documents to operate a business acc. A lot of banks have this wallet account where ur phone number without d first zero is ur acc number. It's was an initiative targeted for the underbanked. It's unfortunate that fraudsters are always more enlightened than us in terms of information that's why to scam Nigerians no hard. They are using this account to perpetuate fraud because of the non-existent kyc required for opening such account. If ur bank wants to conive to scam u no be 12k na. U set reasons am

Thanks for your input. Why would bank allow scammers open an individual bank account impersonating a Legal Business? Since bank know scammers can use this loopholes in wallets why allow such? At Least they should include BVN.

As stated earlier 12k is small to me but a big deal to many people. If 12k is deducted from 1000 customers that is 12M and you say there is no connivance with Banks!

The post is just to enlighten people.
Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by samguru(m): 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
I have just been scammed by these people
I paid 12k into their Stanbic IBTC corporate account Lontor Pay and the guy has not delivered what I ordered since morning.
Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by lakefist(m): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
samguru:
I have just been scammed by these people
I paid 12k into their Stanbic IBTC corporate account Lontor Pay and the guy has not delivered what I ordered since morning.

Provide the Stanbic Bank account for further investigation
Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by Goldbw122(m): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2022
It is na wa
Re: Scam Alert!!! Scammers Now Use Polaris Bank Corporate Bank Account by samguru(m): 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2022
lakefist:

Provide the Stanbic Bank account for further investigation

Do you work with the company?
Do you want to help to recover the money?
or do you want to help to get the product delivered?

The Easiest Way To Raise 1 Million Naira / Baxi POS 2.7.2 The Upgrade @20k / CBN Blocks Dollars Transaction, Google/facebook Payment, Which Way?