Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,381 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? (6376 Views)

Senate Presidency: Why Akpabio May Lose Support Of Colleagues / SE Presidency: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi / Ohaneze Says Denying SE Presidency Is A National Catastrophe And A Calamity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by NGpatriot: 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2022
As a public official, David Umahi is the most accomplished and productive governor in the SE, he performed better Peter Obi, than Obiano and others.

Umahi has less baggage and his more sellable so why are the SE folks and the influencers in that region not actively supporting David Umahi?

11 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Asgard73: 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
I told you guys that days of Yoruba division and propaganda are gone for good.

Southeast and igbos are collectively supporting all southeast presidential candidates

As you can see .. Ohaneze ndi has set up heavy funds to lobby for them and even set up committees that will initiate diplomacy with him leading the group

Southeast has never been united like this in their quest for presidency..

Umahi is a great sell and if .. who knows Apc gives him the ticket .. then is triple blessing to igbos

Meanwhile

Power returns North.

Yoruba sef and some kind foolish propaganda

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Billingslord: 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
seem like you don't know Igbo very well, they are dump politically.they are not clamouring for umahi because he abuse them say ebonyi is not part of baifra.
if though he is more sellable than paradona obituary.
they play politics emotionally

16 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by helinues: 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
Umahi is a good candidate but the problem is his region

Like they just did not play their Politics right at all

21 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by helinues: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2022
Asgard73:

Southeast and igbos are collectively supporting all southeast presidential candidates

As you can see .. Ohaneze ndi has set up heavy funds to lobby for them and even set up committees that will initiate diplomacy with him leading the group

Umahi is a great sell and if .. who knows Apc gives him the ticket .. then is triple blessing to igbos

Meanwhile

Power returns North.

Stop being incoherent and at the same time derailing threads with irrelevant things.

Read rule 1 properly

26 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Billingslord: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
Asgard73:

Meanwhile

Power returns North.

this kid again!

24 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Asgard73: 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2022
The musCle wey Yoruba Dey take quote chigozirim on tweeter eh kwa

Same anti igbo moniker on Nairaland grin

Kuku follow his Nairaland moniker naa.. Yoruba looking for validation from anything

After all hatred e don Dey clear them say power returns North

Their Tinubu and Osibanjo in mud already .. and dem no believe how fast e happen..

Na to turn on igbos like say dem be only Nigerians that have rejected the Yoruba humans .. even when their own Yoruba people have rejected the druggie and his boy

Igbos are supporting all their candidates .. let yoruba keep opening thread and dealing with their disappointment and pAins grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Asgard73: 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2022
Billingslord:

this kid again!

Always resist the urge to shalaye .. Yoruba man..
The pAins ain’t here .. kindly spread your igbo hatred in peace ..

That’s Yoruba campaign slogan

20 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Asgard73: 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
helinues:

Stop being incoherent and at the same time derailing threads with irrelevant things.

Read rule 1 properly

Always resist that urge to quote me.. even if it’s hard
I don’t do gays and haters

Next!

22 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by NGpatriot: 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2022
I strongly think it's because he's not PDP and even if he secured the APC ticket, they still won't support or vote for him.

9 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by helinues: 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
NGpatriot:
I strongly think it's because he's not PDP and even if he secured the APC ticket, they still won't support or vote for him.

SE presidency is very hard to sell most especially in 2023. There are no pre preparedness towards it

8 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by walemoney007(m): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
If the PDP field Peter Obi against Tinubu, PDP will lose the election before 11am on February 18 grin

15 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Penguin2: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
NGpatriot:
As a public official, David Umahi is the most accomplished and productive governor in the SE, he performed better Peter Obi, than Obiano and others.

Umahi has less baggage and his more sellable so why are the SE folks and the influencers in that region not actively supporting David Umahi?

Seems you are finally realizing that Tinubu and Osinbajo are bad merchandises.

As to why we are not promoting Umahi… Umahi made himself an anti-Igbo element thinking that’s what will give him the presidency.

Let those he supports their interest over Igbo interest support him.

Meanwhile, good morning to your dawn of finally realizing that Tinubu and Osinbajo ambitions are dead on arrival.

It is Igbo’s turn in 2023.

19 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by NGpatriot: 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2022
Penguin2:

As to why we are not promoting Umahi… Umahi made himself an anti-Igbo element thinking that’s what will give him the presidency.

Let those he supports their interest over Igbo interest support him

Meanwhile, good morning to your dawn of finally realizing that Tinubu and Osinbajo ambitions are dead on arrival.

You mean his wonderful achievements and all the infrastructures he built for Igbo people are not in the interest of igbo people?

I don't get how upside down you people reason..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by EQUALROGHT: 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2022
Umahi is an acceptable candidate come 2023 election so also Anyim and also many others but i believe that Ohaneze will have to do a whole lot to prune the nos and project a very popular candidate for the primary

3 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by mrvitalis(m): 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
NGpatriot:
Nigeria don't need Igbo vote to make umiah or Joe igbokwe president ...at least it's Igbo president Igbos would rest

Like we did with obj

3 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by duro4chang(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2022
Umahi is better

3 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by gidgiddy: 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2022
What is it with these people?

Why not Umahi?

Why not Obi?

Why not Anyim?

I wonder if these people understand that it is the party that chooses its candidates and not the general public?

Allow the candidates to make their case with their party , and if their party chooses them, thats when you now ask the people to support them

This is putting the cart before the Horse

11 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by onumadu: 8:20pm On Feb 03, 2022
Since he is in APC, why not Ngige?
Why not Amaechi, or do you really believe in the nonsense of South east being different from south south? Tell that to Northerners and see them laugh at your back. grin
As long as you are Igbo, you can become the next Nigeria president "from south east". Quote me. cool
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by NGpatriot: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
gidgiddy:
What is it with these people?

Why not Umahi?

Why not Obi?

Why not Anyim?

I wonder if these people understand that it is the party that chooses its candidates and not the general public?

Allow the candidates to make their case with their party , and if their party chooses them, thats when you now ask the people to support them

This is putting the cart before the Horse

This is not what you understand or not about political parties, it's about local support from the get go. The foremost criteria for party selection is local and regional support including the potential not only to deliver your own state but your entire region so without such local support, there's zero consideration at the party level.

If you want the ticket from the PDP, support and promote the PDP candidates and if it's from the APC or from both parties just to widen your net, support and promote people like Umahi.

I just don't know why basic strategic political thinking, calculations and preservation of your own interest seems like rocket science in that part of Nigeria.

Some of you talk and reason as if you are stuck in the mud or even in reverse.

8 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Vistra40: 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
NGpatriot:

They will vote for him, funnily enough!
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Vistra40: 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2022
Penguin2:

Let those he supports their interest over Igbo interest support him.

As funny as it may sound, Umahi has a greater chance of being elected president in today’s Nigeria than Peter obi. It is the truth bro!
Umahi might have his shortcomings but he is still credible. Peter obi is a great guy too.

5 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Penguin2: 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2022
Vistra40:

As funny as it may sound, Umahi has a greater chance of being elected president in today’s Nigeria than Peter obi. It is the truth bro!
Umahi might have his shortcomings but he is still credible. Peter obi is a great guy too.
So Umahi is more credible than Obi?

1 Like

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by WATCHOVER(m): 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
Vistra40:

The advantages Umahi has over the rest Ibo Aspirants is that he is within the ruling party and he is a sitting governor he has access to his state Resources

1 Like

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Vistra40: 11:48pm On Feb 03, 2022
Penguin2:

So Umahi is more credible than Obi?

In terms of governance, they both stand out and they have very little or no baggage so yeah! Though I agree Peter is more prudent in managing resources than umahi.

I know you would point to the fact that umahi is high handed according to some people but then nobody is perfect.

2 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by 9japride(m): 1:13am On Feb 04, 2022
He's not the right person for the east at this time. With the kind of caliber of people you guys support, I am not conformable with him. Using the candidates you guys supported for Anambra elections people should be very careful when aligning with your candidates. To me Umahi is a mini Buhari. We don't need that kind of persons in this period. Why don't you guys support Peter Obi? The kind of politics you guys play really wonders me. An inexperience person will really think you mean well for the average Igbo man. Very funny.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let's Join Hands To Defeat Insecurity ~ Buhari Urges APC Leaders / Boko Haram Family Demands N100M Compensation in Talks with OBJ / My Son Is Insane - (Boko Haram Spokesman) Ali Konga's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.