Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance (6733 Views)

Tinubu, Shettima To Spend ₦10bn On Trips, Meals As Villa’s Animals Get ₦201M / Wike Tells FG To Fund East West Road From Sovereign Wealth Fund / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by ubox: 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2022
Minister, Niger Delta Affairs Ministry, Senator Godswill Akpabio has secured the sum of N10.4bn for the completion of construction work on the East- West Road, from the 2021 Sovereign Sukuk Issuance.

In his remarks before he was presented with the cheque by the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Dr (Mrs) Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed, in Abuja, Akpabio, who spoke through his Permanent Secretary, Dr Ardo Babayo, thanked his Finance counterpart for her support for the Ministry and by extension, the Niger Delta Region.

According to him, " let me acknowledge the support and effort of the Hon Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, for the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs and the people of the region. The Eleme Junction to Onne, a 15 kilometer section of the East- West was abandoned because of lack of funds and that was why we went to Sukuk through the Ministry.

" We also recall that during the 2021 budget presentation, it was agreed that the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs will contribute the sum of N10bn from its meagre N19bn for capital projects, with the understanding that the Ministry of Finance would add N35bn and NIger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) N35bn, making N80bn for the completion and commissioning of that road by President Muhammadu Buhari this year 2022."

" Before now, the Niger Delta Ministry had mobilised the RCC for necessary repairs on the collapsed portion of the road, as a stop gap measure, for easy vehicular and human movements. The Eleme Junction had to be redesigned to accommodate the Power Station that was not there when the road was contemplated in 2006," he stressed.

Speaking further, the Minister said, "we are here today to collect the N10bn of that money from the Ministry of Finance, we are also waiting for the balance of N25bn, while the NDDC would remit its own support when its finance improves"

" Sometimes in October last year, there was a presidential directive that we transfer the road to the Ministry of Works and the Minister, Niger Delta Affairs, has commenced talks with his Works counterpart in that regard. Let me also appreciate the effort of the Debt Management Office (DMO). We hope that the outstanding sum of N65bn would be released in due course, " he stated.

Speaking at the symbolic Cheque presentation ceremony for the 2021 Sovereign Sukuk Issuance, the Finance Minister, said," today's event of N250bn disbursement is the 4th in the circles since 2017 that the special funding for reconstruction, rehabilitation of roads and other key infrastructure as directed by President Buhari. I acknowlege the support of the various chambers of the National Assembly to the success of this event of today."

https://tribuneonlineng.com/akpabio-secures-n10-4bn-funding-from-sovereign-sukuk-for-east-west-road/

1 Like

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Xscape1993(m): 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
Government of borrow, confusion, corruption, blame and complain. Well, late Fela said it all before they killed him. Buhari was a mistake in 2015. I pray that Nigerians should not if even repeat the same mistake in 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Penguin2: 6:39am On Feb 04, 2022
Xscape1993:
Government of borrow.

Don’t mind the fools.

They keep lamenting that Jonathan left an empty treasury; supposing that is true, at least he didn’t leave loans for them.

Now, as it stands, Buhari is not only going to leave an empty treasury, he will also leave humongous loans that the little resources generated won’t even be enough to pay interests on their numerous loans.

This is not how an enterprise becomes viable.

This is elementary business knowledge.

But Tinubu urchins will continue to support this disaster just because they are hoping he would support their drug lord to win the presidency.

But I will keep saying it, if all of Tinubu’s actions since 2015 has been borne out of sheer patriotism and good of the Nigerian common man; and that he was convinced that Buhari had repented and had the mental capacity to rule Nigeria, then let God reward him with the presidency.

But if his actions has been informed by greed and his lust for power, then if he becomes president, I will know there is no God anywhere.

I put the challenge to God!

15 Likes

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Globad(f): 6:39am On Feb 04, 2022
Doesn't the work on this East West Road finish?

Whaaat?

This same road featured during Obasanjo's regime in the 2000s. Yar'Adua did it. Jonathan sef. Now it's Buhari. And this is not the first time that Buhari is doing it.

In fact, the road was supposed to have been finally completed in 2021!

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/fg-will-deliver-337km-east-west-road-by-december-2021-akpabio/amp/

How long is this road that the work on it doesn't finish? A mere 337km!

Does the road lead to heaven?

When are they going to build another road if they spend 30 years on repairing one road?

How many years did it even take to build the road that several governments are spending decades to rebuild?

And you hear of several agencies working on the same road: NDDC, Niger Delta Ministry, Works Ministry...

Finish this road and move to another project!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by oluwaseyi0: 6:39am On Feb 04, 2022
Another loan
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by idanone(m): 6:40am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by metch1(m): 6:40am On Feb 04, 2022
Secure meaning borrow. Anyway wetin even concern me
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by iHart(m): 6:41am On Feb 04, 2022
I trust Akpabio. He will make sure the road is built to last.

...not one idiot senator in Abia North that attract the same road project every year. He keeps building Nd rebuilding it every year. He builds this year, it spoil this year. He attracts the project next year, builds it and it spoils same year and the circle continues...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Davidonkonsults: 6:41am On Feb 04, 2022
International thief thief.
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by gaby(m): 6:42am On Feb 04, 2022
Half of that money is already in Akpabio's stomach.

1 Like

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by SpatialKing(m): 6:42am On Feb 04, 2022
What a useless government
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Upton: 6:43am On Feb 04, 2022
Well, I have nothing to say. Maybe the person below me has something important to say. Take the mic comrade.
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 04, 2022
That money is a Gunner, Akpabio no be Akpabio again since him join Apcheat... Him don chop witch...

1 Like

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Johnbosco77(m): 6:46am On Feb 04, 2022
SUKUK KEE UNA THERE..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by StayMotivated: 6:47am On Feb 04, 2022
Another cash out season
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by yusluvad(m): 6:47am On Feb 04, 2022
Borrow borrow government...
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by boulala84: 6:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Oya nau.... Finally food don land for Akpabio

1 Like

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by steveneche(m): 6:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Register now and start buying data at N225 per gb
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by RexMorris: 6:52am On Feb 04, 2022
They should at least patch up the road a bit.

The state of that road is really embarrassing.

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Brian47(m): 6:56am On Feb 04, 2022
Who go pay all these debts?
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by money121(m): 7:00am On Feb 04, 2022
Ok
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Houseofglam7(f): 7:01am On Feb 04, 2022
undecided
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by cardoctor(m): 7:02am On Feb 04, 2022
Money wey dem go soon chop finish.

1 Like

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Obyangel: 7:03am On Feb 04, 2022
Debt government, shame on APC borrowing
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Jerryherd: 7:03am On Feb 04, 2022
I wonder what is wrong with Akpabio... The man no just shine again... No project to his name as a minister, just looting and scandals

2 Likes

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by ohosi4real(m): 7:08am On Feb 04, 2022
Akpabio for president. Please Nigeria let support his vision
Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by princejayy(m): 7:10am On Feb 04, 2022
Akpabio always has a way of deceiving people. I will not talk till the project has been completed

1 Like

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by JosephXavier: 7:15am On Feb 04, 2022
East - West road that Obasanjo started to construct has not been finished and they are still securing loans for it

Lord have mercy on us

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by emmykk(m): 7:16am On Feb 04, 2022
Penguin2:

Don’t mind the fools.

They keep lamenting that Jonathan left an empty treasury; supposing that is true, at least he didn’t leave loans for them.

Now, as it stands, Buhari is not only going to leave an empty treasury, he will also leave humongous loans that the little resources generated won’t even be enough to pay interests on their numerous loans.

This is not how an enterprise becomes viable.

This is elementary business knowledge.

But Tinubu urchins will continue to support this disaster just because they are hoping he would support their drug lord to win the presidency.

But I will keep saying it, if all of Tinubu’s actions since 2015 has been borne out of sheer patriotism and good of the Nigerian common man; and that he was convinced that Buhari had repented and had the mental capacity to rule Nigeria, then let God reward him with the presidency.

But if his actions has been informed by greed and his lust for power, then if he becomes president, I will know there is no God anywhere.

I put the challenge to God!

I m from the same Niger delta that you are from,if china loan was used to construct from Katsina to Niger republic then why complain if a loan Is acquired to construct East west road in Niger delta

4 Likes

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by Lee29: 7:18am On Feb 04, 2022
THIS IS A BIG SLAP ON NIGER DELTA

HOW CAN FG USE SUKUK MONEY TO FUND A MAJOR ROAD IN OIL-PRODUCING STATES WHEN WE KNOW SUKUK FUNDED PROJECTS ARE STILL OWNED BY THE ISLAMIC ORGANISATION EVEN AFTER YOU MIGHT HAVE PAID IT?

FG THROUGH AKPABIO WANTS TO TECHNICALLY HAND OVER THE OWNERSHIP OF A MAJOR NIGER DELTA ROAD TO SUKUK ISLAMIC ORG

BUHARI DID NOT USE SUKUK TO FUND ABUJA KADUNA ROAD BUT USES IT FOR SOUTHERN PROJECTS. PEOPLE SHOULD USE THEIR BRAIN O

1 Like

Re: East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance by AMI3(m): 7:22am On Feb 04, 2022
princejayy:
Akpabio always has a way of deceiving people. I will not talk till the project has been completed

U can not talk because u don't have anything to gossip about.
When u have it u will talk hold mouth. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku's Running Mate Becomes Presidential Adviser / See Drone Found Flying In Onitsha Nigeria. Awesome Views. / Remuneration For Chief Justice, Other Judicial Officers Hit N33.47bn Yearly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.