Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) (6010 Views)

Ruling On Eating Snake Meat As A Remedy / Ruling On A Woman Putting Her Picture On Social Media / Man Says He "Found Allah's Name On Ram Meat" In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Lukgaf(m): 7:44am On Feb 04, 2022
I'm vegain, I mean I do not eat any meat product or dairy from milk , eggs, cheese , or honey , any think that have to do with animal I just I don't eat it, and the thing that I like the religion of the Islam I would like to be a part of it , so my question can I be a Muslim and still don't eat meat and animal product ? Thank you so much

Praise be to Allah.

Yes, you can be a Muslim without eating these animal products, but you need to be aware of the following:

You should not think that these things are haraam (forbidden), because Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):
O you who believe! Make not unlawful the tayyibaat (all that is good as regards foods, things, deeds, beliefs, persons, etc.) which Allaah has made lawful to you, and transgress not. Verily, Allaah does not like the transgressors. [al-Maaidah 5:87]

Say: who has forbidden the adornment with clothes given by Allaah, which He has produced for His slaves, and al-tayyibaat [all kinds of lawful things] of food? Say: they are, in the life of this world, for those who believe, (and) exclusively for them (believers) on the Day of Resurrection (the disbelievers will not share them). Thus We explain the aayat (Islamic laws) in detail for people who have knowledge. [al-Araaf 7:32]

Say: Tell me, what provision has Allaah sent down to you! And you have made of it lawful and unlawful. Say: Has Allaah permitted you (to do so), or do you invent a lie against Allaah? [Yoonus 10:59]

You should not think that it is better to abstain from these foods, or that doing so will be rewarded, or that a vegetarian is closer to Allaah than others, and so on. It is not permitted to draw closer to Allaah in this way. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who is the best of mankind and the closest to Allaah, used to eat meat and drink milk and honey. When one of his Companions wanted to give up meat, he told him that this was wrong. Anas reported that there was a group of the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), one of whom said, I will never marry women; another said, I will not eat meat; another said, I will not sleep on a bed; and another said, I will fast and never break my fast. News of this reached the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He praised and thanked Allaah, then said: What is wrong with the people who are saying such and such? I pray and I sleep; I fast and I break my fast; and I marry women. Whoever deviates from my Sunnah (way) does not belong to me.

(Reported by al-Nisaai; the story is also to be found in the two Saheehs of al-Bukhaari and Muslim).
There is a great difference between not eating a certain kind of food because one does not like it, or it does not agree with one, or one has been put off for example by seeing an animal slaughtered when one was a child, which may leave one with a distaste for meat and other similar reasons, and thinking that meat is haraam and that abstaining from it is an act of worship, as is done by Brahmins, monks and others who are misguided.

Once this matter is clear in your mind, there is nothing wrong with not eating foods that you do not like. We will be happy to welcome you soon as our sister in Islam. We ask Allaah to give you the strength to do good and to protect you from every evil. Allaah is the One Who guides to the Straight Path.

Source: Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 7:50am On Feb 04, 2022
So what was Mohamed eating below if not meat though poisoned

Sahih Muslim 2190 b

Anas b. Malik reported that a Jewess brought poisoned meat and then served it to Allah's Messenger

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:46am On Feb 04, 2022
Na'am, it is forbidden to make halaal what Allah has made haram and vice versa! You can have vegan lifestyle as long as you don't believe it's obligatory!

How is the above comment related to the topic?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 9:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Hypocrisy Sha

The second commenter has sharply disagreed with the op simply because it would put Mohamed who ate meat in a tight spot

Yea it's important to this topic because it just exposed the hypocrisy

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Haryour12(m): 9:19am On Feb 04, 2022
grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Lovenorth: 9:20am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Lovenorth: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2022
Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Lovenorth: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2022
Masha Allah, Jumma'at Mubarak to all Muslims

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by gaskiyamagana: 9:22am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:
So what was Mohamed eating below

Sahih Muslim 2190 b

Anas b. Malik reported that a Jewess brought poisoned meat and then served it to Allah's Messenger
Peterised and Johnized statement.
Commot for dis discussion.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 04, 2022
nice one.. May the blessing of Allah be upon us

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by CXLVII: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2022
The rate at which Islam is getting converts is alarming.

Fastest growing religion in the world as of date.

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

Peterised and Johnized statement.
Commot for dis discussion.
Oh, truth has its pains I know

Mohamed ate meat or not?
Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Rastaramsey(m): 9:24am On Feb 04, 2022
Una go just dey deceive una selves

Like WTF undecided undecided undecided

Shebi una talk say nah Allah create everything undecided undecided

shebi They caught the oga of hisbah in a hotel bleeping a married woman...

Yah all are fucking hypocrite....

10 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Lovenorth: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:
So what was Mohamed eating below

Sahih Muslim 2190 b

Oga kindly go to the section of worshipping human being for this comments

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2022
Lovenorth:

Oga kindly go to the section of worshipping human being for this comments
more like oga kindly stop bursting our bubble before the world

We have become a joke

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2022
grin
Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Adlac(m): 9:28am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:
Hypocrisy Sha

[s]The second commenter has sharply disagreed with the op simply because it would put who ate meat in a tight spot[/s]

[s]Yea it's important to this topic because it just exposed the hypocrisy
[/s]
Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2022
CXLVII:

joke on you

Maybe converts of those been bombed for jannah

8 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Adlac(m): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2022
[[s]quote author=Rastaramsey post=109942676]Una go just dey deceive una selves

Like WTF undecided undecided undecided

Shebi una talk say nah create everything undecided undecided

shebi They caught the oga of hisbah in a hotel bleeping a married woman...

Yah all are fucking hypocrite....[/quote][/s]
Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by CXLVII: 9:32am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:
joke on you

Maybe converts of those been bombed for jannah

Educate yourself, the facts are on the table and not hidden.
Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 9:33am On Feb 04, 2022
CXLVII:

Educate yourself, the facts are on the table and not hidden.
what facts pass your book prophesy for Islamic future

Sahih Muslim 146

Verily Islam started as something strange and it would again revert (to its old position) of being strange just as it started, and it would recede between the two mosques just as the serpent crawls back into its hole.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by CXLVII: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:
what facts

Sigh…

I thought you would have done a quick research!

Hello! It’s even a stale news as the world has moved on from it.

If you want to enlighten yourself more, get informations about the growth in Europe, you will be amazed!

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2022
CXLVII:

Sigh…

I thought you would have done a quick research!

Hello! It’s even a stale news as the world has moved on from it.
lol, what is "growing" there?

It's the same Arabs, north Africans who are already Muslims that are migrating across the world (cos they are the largest group of starved immigrants, war driven)

I take water from cup A and put in cup B doesn't make the water different in quantity

Argue with your Hadith Sahih Muslim 146, Islam has no future

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by organicfoods(m): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2022
Interesting topic. Plants base diet is the best diet anyone can take, especially when cooking is not involved.

See this thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/6970450/reversing-type-1-type-2#109942037

(Knock Out Diabetes Permanently in 48hrs)
The body is the greatest physician and food the greatest medicine. Discover and experience the biggest partnership that heals.

Solution
It's all diet base and a particular herbal mixture and food pack consisting of (Splited Chickpeas Lentils, Coriander, Okro extract, Jamun and Karela Extracts) that I will send to you. No side effects, it's normal meal.

You only need to get the following items ready for the diet. Which will begin in the morning.

1. Fresh Ginger
2. Coconut Water (Young fruits)
3. Beetroots
4. Green Chilli Pepper
5. Lime
6. Fresh Tomatoes
7. Carrots
8. Green beans

Plus the herbs and Splited Chickpeas Lentils I will send to you (#3500) That's all, with little instructions, you will permanently reverse all types of diabetes.

Money back Guaranteed. If it doesn't reverse it and lowers your blood sugar in 48hrs, and you quit drugs in 7days, I will refund you back...you must adhere strictly to instructions. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by AntiChristian: 9:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Allah says:
. And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
Qur'an 3:85

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Flossq: 9:48am On Feb 04, 2022
CXLVII:

Because xtians is becoming fake by the minute and daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by bigjackass: 10:00am On Feb 04, 2022
what is the rule on breathing? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 10:22am On Feb 04, 2022
bigjackass:
what is the rule on breathing? undecided
You must not breath into a vessel when drinking

i.e if you are so sick that you use oxygen tank to breath then you must not drink water

Mishkat al-Masabih 340

Abu Qatada reported God’s messenger as saying, "When one of you drinks he must not breathe into the vessel, and when he goes to relieve himself he must not touch his penis with his right hand, or wipe himself with his right hand.”

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Haykinx98(m): 10:23am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:
So what was Mohamed eating below if not meat though poisoned

Sahih Muslim 2190 b

Eating a poisoned food/meat is different from eating unlawful foods like Flesh of swines,Blood of Animals etc

What you lack is knowledge,So stop prophesying to be wise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Truthisunique3: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2022
Haykinx98:

Eating a poisoned food/meat is different from eating unlawful foods like Flesh of swines,Blood of Animals etc

What you lack is knowledge,So stop prophesying to be wise
lol, see logic

So poisoned food is lawful to be eaten?
Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by Haryour12(m): 10:33am On Feb 04, 2022
Pls how do I get rid of this thing "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." On my profile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Not Eating Meat Or Dairy Products (veganism) by taiwiki(m): 10:41am On Feb 04, 2022
Truthisunique3:
Hypocrisy Sha

The second commenter has sharply disagreed with the op simply because it would put Mohamed who ate meat in a tight spot

Yea it's important to this topic because it just exposed the hypocrisy
I'm not sure you read the op's post

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zakaat Al-fitr (the Personal Obligatory Charity) / Happy New Islamic Year / Muhammad Vs Other Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.