Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,773 members, 7,844,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake (14370 Views)

Tinubu Orders AGF, Lokpobiri To End $1.3 Billion Oil Block Dispute / ₦98 Billion Oil Pollution Fund Stirs Controversy In Niger Delta Communities / EFCC Boss, Bawa Testifies In ₦1.4 Billion Oil Subsidy Fraud Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by guychidile: 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
The rich is getting richer .
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by Tomahawk99(m): 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2022
Omonigho1976:
From the few comments on this topic I'm now fully convinced that the bulk of those that comment on Nairaland are kids and cerebrally challenged people. Not a single intelligent contribution to the topic but if say na Ashawo matter or other very irrelevant issues the thread for don reach 10 pages
Na today you know this? Na small minds full NL.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by jaxxy(m): 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
Cotonou12:
They should just give the ticket to SE. even if it’s 4 years . Let’s see what will happen to Nigeria economy

Who in the south east or just anybody?? grin

South east can’t even agree on a consensus candidate. That’s the problem grin

1 Like

Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by ElectronicMoney(m): 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
Most of these local companies jostling to buy Shell's assets do not have the financial might to run the projects Shell was handling!
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by Billingslord: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Cotonou12:
They should just give the ticket to SE. even if it’s 4 years . Let’s see what will happen to Nigeria economy
gibberish!
they should change the economy of their unproductive region.let start from there
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by Pymetrics: 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
No sensible comments on page 1. I was expecting comments to focus on why Shell is divesting and other oil companies line up to invest. Who is getting it right or wrong? Which one is benefiting our economy or which would create more jobs?

Well, from my side, I think Shell divestment will lead to job loss for some people but new investment from other companies may open way for new entries.

3 Likes

Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by Aidejay(m): 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2022
A sector one company is leaving another one is throwing in 4,000,000,000 dollars.

When you realize many nairalanders have nothing else to contribute to a conversation you'll understand why tribal and ethnic jingoism is persistent on this platform.

5 Likes

Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by Wapgod(m): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
The main reason Shell is completely divesting is due to the high risk of doing business of Nigeria and the numerous litigations regarding oil spills and oil and gas matters won against the company in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by sylve11: 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2022
rukyboy:
Seplat will most likely win this bid

Na so. cool
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by chaloskyx: 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
Let her go on her crusade and come back you sef tell her you are also going on yours just make sure you never wife am.
Kollins11:
My girlfriend told me she would be traveling to Lagos on the 13th of this month, that a friend is inviting her for a church crusade, It's a 2 days anointing program, 14th and 15th.

I told her we can go together, that I like attending crusade too, but she said the program is strictly for single sisters.

Please, is there something I'yam not understanding??

1 Like

Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by samwillyco1(m): 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
Let it be on merit and not basion political connection

1 Like

Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by ConsciousMan01: 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2022
Omonigho1976:
From the few comments on this topic I'm now fully convinced that the bulk of those that comment on Nairaland are kids and cerebrally challenged people. Not a single intelligent contribution to the topic but if say na Ashawo matter or other very irrelevant issues the thread for don reach 10 pages

Still waiting for your own intelligent contribution sir!!
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2022
Tonye Cole is surely getting the deal..... it's fair enough since he come from the region that produces the bulk of it.
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by Omonigho1976: 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
ConsciousMan01:

Still waiting for your own intelligent contribution sir!!
See them!
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by JustforMen: 7:05am On Feb 05, 2022
Cotonou12:

Nobody gives anybody anything, IT IS TAKEN THROUGH STRATEGY, COOPERATION most times, MANIPULATION!
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by drmuchin: 7:22am On Feb 05, 2022
Big boys on the March again. These ones to give Dangote a run for his money
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by AustineE1: 7:45am On Feb 05, 2022
Shell will also be passing on liabilities to the new buyers,with a number of proven litigation hanging on there neck. I guess the intending buyers legal team will be allowed into this cases to weigh the risk involve before the final bid....don't allow this oil mafia's scam you!
Re: Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2022
AustineE1:
Shell will also be passing on liabilities to the new buyers,with a number of proven litigation hanging on there neck. I guess the intending buyers legal team will be allowed into this cases to weigh the risk involve before the final bid....don't allow this oil mafia's scam you!

The local players like Tony and Tonye know how to navigate the so-called litigation issues and other seeming liabilities to be inherited from Shell. Na today? No be Naija? They have the connections, and they don't have any silly 'international best practices' or corporate governance shackles to worry about. They can use underground, extra-legal, barefaced 'corrupt' means to sort these things out easily that Shell simply cannot. So the local guys know what they're doing. It will be a major win for any of these mofos that eventually gets it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Resign If You Truly Love Atiku, Stakeholders Tell Ayu / Chibok Girls Kidnapper Jailed For 20 Years: Govt / Gov Ugwuanyi And Enugu Government Officials Welcome Osinbajo To Enugu (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.