Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

My Love Life In Nysc Camp - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Love Life In Nysc Camp (699 Views)

Love Life Of A Lily-livered Loner (by Kayode Odusanya) / Life In Vene-ah Kingdom / My Love Diary (love / Deciet / Trust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Love Life In Nysc Camp by Mathiaswisdom97: 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
MY LOVE LIFE IN CAMP

Over the years, Corps Members have fallen in love during their service year, which eventually led to marriage. The power of love, they say, is swift and strong enough to break cultural, religious, and even language barriers.

The first day I step my foot inside that Asaya Camp, I was determined to break the jinx of singleness that has followed me from my father's village. I decided to start my love life in the camp.

It is natural for a guy to like beautiful girls, but for me, I was on the outlook for the good character as a priority.

On that sunny afternoon, while everyone was running out of our hostels, to pay homage to the military trumpet, I was under the shades looking for love.

Where can I find the love of my life?

Still wallowing in thought, when she ran past me, in her skimpy white shorts and white t.shirt. The fragrance of her perfume stuck in my memory, but she had already mixed with the crowd.

I tried my best to find her that day but I couldn't. I didn't know why I connected with her immediately till I met her in church the following Sunday.

Yes, she is a church girl and a choir member too. I quickly joined the choir since I can sing too. I was taking things slowly, I didn't want to rush things.

I was taking things so slowly that I did not get even her name or her contact. I was just secretly admiring and crushing on her.

Days turned to weeks, then the power of love happened. The unstoppable power of love had its turns on me. I couldn't get her out of my mind yet I didn't ask her out.

One could imagine how fast it is, for someone to fall in love with a total stranger in less than a month.

Could this be true love?
Could it be love at first sight or just mere infatuation?
Is it possible that people could claim to be in love just for the fun and cruise?
The big question is how real is the love/relationship that happens in camp?

No one can indeed dictate the way love happens, but it is also true that some Corps members come to camp with a premeditated mindset of getting a relationship in camp just for the fun of it.

While want to have the feeling of what it feels like to be in a relationship while on the camp others say the weather on camp is pivotal to their decisions and some just want to look out for someone to be footing the bills on camp.

However, there have been cases of people who found genuine love while in camp and it led to marriage. The NYSC scheme even supports and gives financial and moral encouragement to this kind of relationship.

Time waits for nobody and it is a very beautiful thing to find and fall in love during your service year. One can start up a genuine friendship in the camp that can graduate to true love/relationship.

Love blossoms like a flower when two people genuinely appreciate, uphold, and adore the chemistry going on between them but its potency fades away when someone intentionally plays or hurts the partner just for the fun of it.

https://link.medium.com/Mz14fk5nnnb

Re: My Love Life In Nysc Camp by donbachi(m): 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2022
As long as both of una.will not call family meetings in future on each other.as if e get love wey be love at 10th sight.

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When She Replies This. Ladies Only. (Photos) / Please What Is The Meaning? / Heart Felt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.