Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft (664 Views)

Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) / Amaechi Lands In Port Harcourt This Morning (Photos) / Dogara Accused Of Blowing N66m On Chartered Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by Babasessy(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2011
Bankole Lands in Lagos with Chartered Aircraft

EmbattledĀ  former Speaker of House of Representatives Dimeji Bankole arrived Lagos yesterday in a chartered aircraft. It was not clear where he arrived from.

Bankole flew in in a chartered Hawker Siddley 125 aircraft with registration number ZS-BOT, which touched down and taxied towards the tarmac end of the Presidential Wing axis of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos at about 08.00 pm.

The former speaker was received by some of his former aides, as they moved the three car convoy towards the aircraft, which he boarded shortly after alighting from the aircraft. Dressed in his usual white brocade attire with cap to match, Bankole shook hands with reporters, and even embraced a reporter before sauntering towards the car in his convoy amid mixed reactions from personnel of the VIP lounge.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/bankole-lands-in-lagos-with-chartered-aircraft/93718/
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by TM2: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2011
"Yoruba" Please think before you post. I have been seeing stuff like this on this website for a while, and I think that as a site rule, tribal abuse should be condemned. Or else, this is incubating something more ridiculous.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by TM2: 11:38am On Jun 23, 2011
@philip0906 and @lucenzo, I think it will be decent if you apologized.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by philip0906(m): 11:46am On Jun 23, 2011
my friend chop brick. . .stop deviating 4rm d issue and tell me y bank ole should still be given vip treatment undecided
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by prodam(m): 11:57am On Jun 23, 2011
T.M.:

@philip0906 and @lucenzo, I think it will be decent if you apologized.

yes.
this is where "" starts from, please be decent
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by TM2: 11:58am On Jun 23, 2011
Whatever your opinion is makes no sense because qualifying him as "Yoruba" thief is uncivilized. Sorry about that.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by prodam(m): 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2011
T.M.:

Whatever your opinion is makes no sense because qualifying him as "Yoruba" thief is uncivilized. Sorry about that.
you mean?
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by TM2: 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2011
As in a fellow at such level of civilization cant come up with an intelligent opinion. Hope you understand what I mean now.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by oderemo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2011
As in a fellow at such level of civilization cant come up with an intelligent opinion. Hope you understand what I mean now
U R asking for toooooooooo much on n/l.s .that is a tall order around here.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by dustydee: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2011
Presidential wing? Am sure even if he's jailed he will be taken to the presidential wing of the prison.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by bioye(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2011
First, Bankole is not a thief. He is innocent until proven guilty. The cases against him has no proof he stole money. Second, if anybody is being tribalistic, report them to the moderators like I'm about to. Hopefully, their posts will be deleted. Chikena.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by 1025: 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2011
Yoruba"Huh Please think before you post. I have been seeing stuff like this on this website for a while, and I think that as a site rule, tribal abuse should be condemned. Or else, this is incubating something more ridiculous.

@T.M.,
you are right but while we wait for these culprits to apologize, i suggest the yoruba community on her own shld look at these accusations carefully. obasanjo, bode george, mrs. etteh, iyabo obasanjo, gbenga daniel, akala, tinubu and a host of other elder statesmen have one or two things in common. if an igboman steals, he is an igbo thief and same with a hausa man. please it is a thing or great importance that the yorubas look very well before presenting representatives especially at the national levels because at the end of the day, the ppl will be judged by their representatives. on my own, i still call bankole another shameless yoruba thief and i will be available to apologize when my predecessors apologize.

@topic,
Pastor Tunde Bakare said, nothing will happen to bankole because they will make sure he does not expose everybody and that is what i believe. as long as pdp remains in power, corruption will be the in-thing. i wanted to see buhari/bakare clean this mess of a ppl(pdp) but devil will never let us have peace. my prayer is to see the end of this pdp.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by bay77: 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2011
Presidential wing? Am sure even if he's jailed he will be taken to the presidential wing of the prison.

People who used to lan on the presidential wing continue to land there regardless of if they are still in office or not. Except they are declared persona non grata.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by bay77: 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
@T.M.,
you are right but while we wait for these culprits to apologize, i suggest the yoruba community on her own shld look at these accusations carefully. obasanjo, bode george, mrs. etteh, iyabo obasanjo, gbenga daniel, akala, tinubu and a host of other elder statesmen have one or two things in common. if an igboman steals, he is an igbo thief and same with a hausa man. please it is a thing or great importance that the yorubas look very well before presenting representatives especially at the national levels because at the end of the day, the ppl will be judged by their representatives. on my own, i still call bankole another shameless yoruba thief and i will be available to apologize when my predecessors apologize.

But name a Nigerian political office holder who is not corrupt and then tell us if corruption has anything to do with your tribe.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by bioye(m): 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2011
philip0906:

my friend chop brick. . .stop deviating 4rm d issue and tell me y bank ole should still be given vip treatment undecided

Na wah oh. To answer your question, in sane societies, an accused is innocent until proven guilty. Also, given that EFCC itself has been accused of corruption, we should not conclude that everyone they charge to court truly has a case to answer. If this same EFCC can charge El-Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu to court, then maybe we should start getting ready for them to arrest Babatunde Fashola. After all, he can't claim to be totally clean.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by TM2: 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2011
maybe we should start getting ready for them to arrest Babatunde Fashola. After all, he can't claim to be totally clean

Plus, he is a Yoruba man.
Re: Bankole Lands In Lagos With Chartered Aircraft by philip0906(m): 3:40pm On Jun 23, 2011
^^
what r u whinning about. . . undecided

(1) (Reply)

Mr Abati: Good Luck But Beware / Maiduguri May Actually Be A Boom Town / Nigerian's Brain Gain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.