Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Nigerian Police Force Should Be Scrapped.l - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Force Should Be Scrapped.l (1096 Views)

PHOTO: Nigerian Police To Pay N100m Compensation Over Death Of Lawyer Detainee / Full List Of Endangered Agencies To Be Scrapped - Orosanye / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Force Should Be Scrapped.l by maimalari: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2011
Going by the recent happenings in our dear country,the inter-tribal and religious violence,the bombings, the bribery, extortions, torture, murder and unwarranted intimidation and detentions all directly linked to the police without achieving its objective of securing our lives and our properties, it is high time we call for the scrapping of the force and empowering of the civil defence corps as they have recorded some successes without the use of rifles and all that. This is my candid opinion, as a lover of human life and Nigeria in general.
Re: Nigerian Police Force Should Be Scrapped.l by monkeyleg: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2011
I was thinking of starting a similar thread, but with the following topic "is the Nigerian security services (all arms) fit for purpose?". I wouldnt go down the line of civil defence, that would be hard to manage and who will be responsible.

I would suggest a total overhaul, which means starting from scratch, with proper training and equipment. Infact I was speak to a friend that other day about getting ex-British police officers to come and run / setup the new police academies
Re: Nigerian Police Force Should Be Scrapped.l by snowdrops(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2011
Na today. They did not become bad overnight, so why opt for the fire brigade approach. Scrap them to be replaced by whom? More corrupt Nigerians? Remember Iraq? After USA disbanded Saddam`s Army? You are left with more chaos.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Ministerial Nominees: Gej's Cabinent / Mimiko, Tinubu Crisis Deepens / Don’t Involve Foreign Powers, Muslim Group Tells Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.