Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (1461 Views)

Lg Quietly Rolls Out Desktop Mode To The Lg V50 Thinq With Ux 9.0 Update / LG V50 Thinq 5G With Snapdragon 855 Soc Launched : Price & Specs / LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by atheistandproud(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
The LG V50 ThinQ vs Samsung Note 10 is a comparison of two now extinct giants.

Yup, both phone series are now discontinued. LG as a phone maker is no more. Samsung on the other hand has decided to retire the Note series so as a result, we are no longer going to be seeing them in the market any more.

This LG V50 ThinQ vs Samsung Note 10 comparison was suggested by a reader. So if you have any comparison that you would like me to do, please leave it in the comments or join our telegram conversation.

The LG V50 and the Samsung Note 10 are both flagship grade devices from 2019. The V50 is the older of the two as it was released in February while the Note 10 was released in December.

Both devices are still excellent by today’s standards so you can’t go wrong with any of these two. If you are torn between any of these two, the aim of this post is take a look at the specs of both in order to help you make a choice.

Note: The phone we are working with are the LG V50, not the V50S. Also, we are working with the Note 10, not the Note 10+. Do take note.

Body
Both phones are made of aluminum which is very durable. They also both have a back glass panel of Gorilla Glass 6 and IP68 ratings for water (up to 1.3m deep for 30 mins) and dust resistance.

The only difference between both of them is that the LG V50 is slightly bigger and heavier. It weighs 186g while the Note 10 is lighter at 168g. This would then depend on what you like. Some people have big hands and like big phones, others don’t.

Performance
Both phones share the same SoC which is a flagship grade Snapdragon 855. Thus as a result, they also share the same GPU which is an Adreno 640. The Note 10 has an Exynos 9825 (Mali G76 MP12) variant as well.

Both phones use LPDDR4x RAM but while the V50 uses UFS 2.1 internal storage, the Note 10 uses UFS 3.1. This means that the Note 10 is going to be much faster overall even though they have the same processor.

This can be seen on benchmark tests, where the Note 10 is slightly faster on Antutu V9 with a score of 452,400 while the V50 comes second with a score of 421,934.

Read: How to read and pick the best SoC for your needs

Software
Both phones are shipped with Android 9. Software support for the V50 ends at Android 11 but the Note 10 should be expecting Android 12.

Display
The V50 has a 6.4″ pOled WQHD+ screen with HDR10. The Note 10 has a 6.3″ Dynamic AMOLED FHD screen with HDR10+. This is a now a question of what the individual user likes more. Higher resolution vs a better display panel?

The V50 has a much higher resolution (1440p) but an inferior display panel. The Note 10 has a much lower resolution (1080p) but a superior display panel. You’ll have to make that choice yourself.

Cameras
When it comes to cameras, they are both surprisingly close.

The V50 uses a 12MP Sony IMX363 (main), Samsung 3M5 (telephoto) and a 16MP Sony IMX 351 (ultrawide). The Note 10 uses a 12MP Samsung 2L4 (main), Samsung 3M5 (telephoto) and a 16MP Samsung 3P9 (ultrawide).

The Note 10 however has the better selfie camera.

Both phones can do videos of 4K@60fps and 1080p@240fps. They both have EIS and OIS.
Having watched several comparison of both phones, I would say that both phones are mostly separated by image software processing. The Samsung Note 10 dials up it’s saturation while the V50 software tends to keep pictures flat.

Overall, I would give it to the Note 10 because of the better selfie and the OIS.

Read: Image optimization explained

Battery
The V50 has the bigger battery but has the slower fast charge (18W) and the slower wireless charge (10W). The Note 10 has the smaller battery but supports a faster charge speed (25W), faster wireless charge (12W) and and reverse wireless charge as well.

Connectivity/sensors
Both phones support a very wide range of connectivity and sensor options such as single/dual SIMs (depending on region), Wifi, bluetooth, accelerometer, gyroscopes, proximity and ambient light sensors etc.

The only differences are that the Note 10 supports an in-display fingerprint sensor as well as Bixby, Samsung pay, Samsung Dex and other proprietary Samsung connections.

Prices and Storage
The LG V50 ThinQ ships with 6/128GB and sells for around $200 while the Samsung Galaxy Note 10’s 8/128GB sells for around $350

Conclusion
Both phones are super close and if you are on a budget and can do with what the V50 ThinQ offers, then go for it. If you have more money to burn then the Note 10 would probably be the better option for you.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2022/02/05/lg-v50-thinq-vs-samsung-note-10/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by franciskainex: 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2022
I sha dey enjoy my v50. Phone is perfect.

2 Likes

Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by atheistandproud(m): 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2022
franciskainex:

It's a very very good phone.

1 Like

Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by Eyanbahose: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2022
franciskainex:
how much did you buy it
Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by franciskainex: 11:02am On Feb 06, 2022
Eyanbahose:
how much did you buy it

1 Like

Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by Eyanbahose: 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
franciskainex:
okay. Sharp.
Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by Meister(m): 5:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
I'm confused cause I'm almost certain V50 has OIS, you also didn't mention it's secondary ultra wide selfie camera
Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by atheistandproud(m): 6:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
Meister:
I'm confused cause I'm almost certain V50 has OIS, you also didn't mention it's secondary ultra wide selfie camera

Gyro-EIS and OIS are not the same. You can check their website for further clarification.

Remember it's the V50 and not the V50S.

I put in the 5MP on my website but Nairaland doesn't support my table software so that's that.
Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by 11Anonymous(m): 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
V50 is damn fast, OS is close to stock, games do not stutter on ultra graphics.

If you don't wanna spend much on a good device, better to get an old high end than a new mid range in the market.

I mean, these phones are better than Xiaomi note, Tecno phantom and Infinix Zero series.

5 Likes

Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by d3cod3r(m): 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
11Anonymous:
V50 is damn fast, OS is close to stock, games do not stutter on ultra graphics.

If you don't wanna spend much on a good device, better to get an old high end than a new mid range in the market.

I mean, these phones are better than Xiaomi note, Tecno phantom and Infinix Zero series.
True. An old 2019 flagship is better than a current midrange phone. Snapdragon 855 doesn't joke around. Later some people with current midrange phones will be comparing with older flagship based on same ram and storage sizes not knowing that there's a difference between storage types and speeds. What makes a flagship is bleeding edge tech with superb build quality and materials. Ufs 3.1 vs emmc, you sef check am. I get annoyed when novices compare their transsion palasa with high end flagships from apple, samung, lg etc saying "no be the same 128gb/8gb or 6gb ram".

3 Likes

Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by yak(m): 9:34pm On Feb 27, 2022
Where can someone possibly get these phones UK used?
I'm considering either note 10 or S10

1 Like

Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by atheistandproud(m): 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
yak:
Where can someone possibly get these phones UK used?
I'm considering either note 10 or S10

Check the technology market
Re: Lg V50 Thinq Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by Dlee1(m): 3:31am On Jun 24, 2022
Meister:
Don't mind him. The V50 has OIS on the 3 rear cameras.

(1) (Reply)

Can Gcam Work On Spark 8c / A Very Instructive Update On Whatsapp (see Here) / Nigeria Consumers Perceptions Of Mobile Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.