Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

#ENDSARS Protest: Came Too Soon, And Fails. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ENDSARS Protest: Came Too Soon, And Fails. (136 Views)

If Peter Obi Wins And Fails This Country, Then There Is No Hope For Nigeria / "We Can't Survive Without Yahoo Boys" - Prostitutes Join #EndSARS Protest / #EndSARS Protest: Man Shot In His Penis In Delta State (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#ENDSARS Protest: Came Too Soon, And Fails. by Poltergeist1914: 4:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
I have always been of the opinion that the #EndSars protest was a massive success. Despite the tragedy that happened on 20-10-20 at Lekki that prematurely ended the National Movement.

I believe in the Hope I felt when I saw thousands of Nigeria Youths, at Home and in diaspora who came out like they have never done before to protest massively against the Government, and Police Brutality.

It is Unjust and Unfair to have kept quiet for so long, but the rush of hope I felt at that time cannot yet be quantified or comprehended by Me. I saw the Youths of my Country came out with United Voices to say a Massive "NO!" to the Injustice meted on them by those paid to protect and secure them.

However, after 1 year and few months, I have had to rethink my involvement in the Protest. Not that I regretted my participation, involvement or everything I did, but I can't help but wonder if maybe, and Just Maybe if the Protest didn't come too soon.

I've been having these rethinks after seeing how so many have forgotten about everything that happened during the Period and seeing that My Fellow "Youths" are now embracing the same politicians they protested against, and vow not to have anything to do with.

I saw David Hundeyin's tweets (https://twitter.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1489654929425936392?t=X7XzYYdkhol0uZG5H7c28Q&s=19 to view it on twitter or https://www.nairaland.com/6972364/david-hundeyin-endsars-activists-like to view it on Nairaland), and I couldn't help but agree with everything He said because He was right as Usual.

During the protest, I was among the People that said it that 2023 was too long to carry the aggression of that Protest into the Election ground.

It would have been better for Nigeria and Nigerians if the Protest happens around this time when Election is around the corner.

With the experience of the Protest still fresh on our Mind, we probably would make better Choices at the Poll.

But now that everybody has moved on, then we might make the same mistake we made in 2015, we are already at that path.

Even the Twitter Influencers and Activists that were at the forefront getting shot with Water cannons and tear gases have started politicking with Politicians they vow not to have anything to do with. They seems to have forgotten their resolution and every thing the #EndSars protest stood For.

We really needs awakening calls or else, we might find ourselves gnashing for another 8 years and this time, I don't think anybody will be motivated to protest.

Do not get me wrong, I know that protesting at the time we did was good and for a Good Reason, and I surely would do it again if I have another chance. But it surely came too soon and it FAILS because even after all those things we did, Police Brutality is still on rampage and People are still getting harassed at every turn.

Just yesterday, a Lady was arrested and detain because She went out to buy post pregnancy pills (or whatever it is called).

This and many more examples shows why the Protest fails and why it happened too soon.

It would have been Better If It Happens around this Time.

But I believe in a Greater Nigeria, and the 2020 #EndSars protest gave me hope that the dream could actually be actualise.

I Hope for a better Nigeria and it starts from making the right Electoral decisions in 2023.

2023 is coming, GET YOUR PVC!
2023 is Coming, VOTE RIGHT AND VOTE WISELY!

Follow Me on Twitter: @Poltergeist_NG for real time Nigeria Politics talk.

(1) (Reply)

Human Right Activist Derrick Agberen Sent An Open Letter To Governor Delta State / PMS: NMDPRA Intensifies Surveillance To Ensure Supply, Prevent Adulterated Fuel / Eket Senatorial District Media Professionals Writes Ephraim Inyangeyen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.