Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. (572 Views)

How Can One Sell Him/herself In Career World / How To Meet Your Heroes And Get Them To Partner With You In Career / A Sensitization Talk On Career Choices For Secondary School Students In Ugbokolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 06, 2022
Hello nairalanders. i studied adult education in uni though i applied for business admin but i wasn't given. the former was a course I really didn't like never heard of it until then. had no choice than to accept the admission cos i really don't want to spend additional year at home. to cut the long story short I graduated last year with 2:2, currently waiting on nysc reg.

but now i want to start all over again with another degree into management courses, i know i do and Will do better here, will have better opportunities with jobs. I've been trying applying for scholarships abroad from different schools and hoping i get one soon before I'm done with my Nysc. please I need a strict advice on this issue.
Re: Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:15am On Feb 06, 2022
Please invest in having another stream of income not just school school, who will pay for the biz admin u want to do again?
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. by Animegirl(f): 6:43am On Feb 06, 2022
Except you want to stay back in abroad, then you can go for your course. Coming back to Nigeria to get work after schooling abroad, I pray you find your dream job here.

If going back to school is what you want cool, all the best. I pray you excel, Dear.
Re: Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. by YourBestSelf: 7:00am On Feb 06, 2022
pattyclaire:
Hello nairalanders. i studied adult education in uni though i applied for business admin but i wasn't given. the former was a course I really didn't like never heard of it until then. had no choice than to accept the admission cos i really don't want to spend additional year at home. to cut the long story short I graduated last year with 2:2, currently waiting on nysc reg.

but now i want to start all over again with another degree into management courses, i know i do and Will do better here, will have better opportunities with jobs. I've been trying applying for scholarships abroad from different schools and hoping i get one soon before I'm done with my Nysc. please I need a strict advice on this issue.

Your profile looks uncompetitive. Degree: Adult education. Class of Degree: 2.2.

Most schools with good reputation abroad won't offer you admission with such profile.

What I advice?

Use your NYSC to develop yourself. Read lots of management books and understand how every business function works.

Then look for any Nigerian school and apply for an MBA. You don't need a post graduate diploma to do that. Nor do you need to have studied business administration at undergrad.

Running abroad now won't help you much. Build skills in a career path you want first. Then go forth and shine.

Wish you loads of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:01am On Feb 06, 2022
YourBestSelf:

Your profile looks uncompetitive. Degree: Adult education. Class of Degree: 2.2.

Most schools with good reputation abroad won't offer you admission with such profile.

What I advice?

Use your NYSC to develop yourself. Read lots of management books and understand how every business function works.

Then look for any Nigerian school and apply for an MBA. You don't need a post graduate diploma to do that. Nor do you need to have studied business administration at undergrad.

Running abroad now won't help you much. Build skills in a career path you want first. Then go forth and shine.

Wish you loads of luck.

@PrettyClaire

This poster took the words right out of my heart.

Self-development is the way to go. Develop yourself in the areas you want to veer into.
Gone are the days when learning/getting a degree is once and for all. In this day and time, to remain relevant and competitive in the market, you must constantly upgrade yourself... self-develop.

Your first degree doesn't have to limit you. Begin to take free short courses in your field of interest. Try to get a job that would allow you to start transferring those skills, and to gain more. The pay shouldn't be your consideration, just get your foot in the door so you can acquire relevant experience.

As you steadily begin to get higher paying jobs, go for an MBA.

1 Like

Re: Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. by Pumpumking: 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
Animegirl:
Except you want to stay back in abroad, then you can go for your course. Coming back to Nigeria to get work after schooling abroad, I pray you find your dream job here.

If going back to school is what you want cool, all the best. I pray you excel, Dear.

^^^story
Please anyways i have moiney..please can i mate wit u? smiley
Re: Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. by addexx: 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2022

School never tire you? angry

There's a lot you can do with your education degree. You're just short sighted.

(1) (Reply)

Black People Who Made Forbes' 2023 Billionaire List / Copetent Marketing Firm Needed / To Clean & Stage Ur Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.