Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Uyo Pdp Backs Mike Enyong - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Uyo Pdp Backs Mike Enyong (304 Views)

2023 Guber: I Am Very Much In The Race, Mike Enyong Insists / Christmas: Mike Enyong Feasts With Constituents / Pdp Backs Strike Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uyo Pdp Backs Mike Enyong by Vanguardfacts(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2022
UYO PDP BACKS MIKE ENYONG

Ward Executives of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uyo Ward 10, have decried what they described as a brass-neck attempt to impose one of the governorship aspirants, Pastor Umo Eno, on them by the Chairman, Akwa Ibom State Government Service Commission, Hon. Monday Eyo and the Chairman, Uyo Local Government Area, Dr Uwemedimo Udo.

The Executives insisted on Rt Hon. Michael Enyong, who hails from Uyo Ward 10, as their final choice for the governorship position in the State come 2023. They vowed to support the Lawmaker, who currently represents Uyo/Uruan/Nsit Atai/Ibesikpo Asutan Federal Constituency, to win the PDP gubernatorial primaries, irrespective of the magnitude of monetary or material bait put out to them by anyone.

The ward leaders stated this on Saturday, February 5, during an interactive session with newsmen after the Uyo Ward Executives meeting held at the instance of Monday Eyo and Uwemedimo Udo in Afaha Oku, Uyo.

Speaking on the meeting, the PDP Ward Chairman, Uyo Ward 10, Abasiama Udoh, made it known that the agenda of the meeting, which was undisclosed to them prior to its kickoff but however, brought to light during the meeting, was to communicate Governor Udom's gubernatorial choice, Umo Eno, and get all ward executives to adopt Umo Eno.

The Ward Chairman told newsmen that it is impossible to choose another candidate over his good brother, Rt Hon. Enyong a.k.a BabaNtan.

Udoh stressed that the pre-election season is no time for dirty tricks aimed at robbing citizens of their right to choose their choice aspirant and besmirching the reputation of other aspirants, who happen not to be one's most preferred choice.

He advised aspirants and their supporters to return to the grassroots and carryout their respective assignments well, rather than resorting to political and electoral victimization of the people.

"A meeting was held at the instance of Monday Eyo and Uwemedimo Udo. I attended the meeting together with my Exco because we were informed that the Uyo Council Boss wants to meet with all ward executives. However, the agenda of the meeting remained undisclosed prior to the commencement of the meeting. When the meeting started proper, we were informed that the Governor is in support of Umo Eno and as party stakeholders, we must support the Umo Eno. The meeting held at Hon. Monday Eyo's residence.

"I have a brother and member of my ward, Rt Hon. Mike Enyong, who is seriously interested in the seat of the Governor. It is impossible to choose any other aspirant over Mike Enyong, who is from my ward. I fully support Enyong for Governor till the party presents its flagbearer after the primaries. Then, we will toe the line of the party and support whoever emerges. Let it be known that I am for Mike Enyong," Udoh stated clearly.

Another Ward Executive, Hon. Nsisong Alexander, who is currently the Ward Vice Chairman, Uyo Ward 10, noted point blank that the federal Lawmaker has been exceptionally good to the people of Uyo hence, there is no plan of negotiating their support for him.

In his words: "I thank God for His Excellency, Mr Udom Emmanuel, who has chosen his successor. For me, I have a mentor and leader, who is Rt Hon. Michael Enyong. He has been doing well for us. He knows that the masses need food and knows how best to reach out to the people.

"Irrespective of how other people will feel, I'm out to support my cause, Rt Hon. Michael Enyong. I'm supporting him because I'm convinced that if he emerges as Governor, we all will live better lives. Many can testify to this. As a true member of the party, who has nothing against the party, I'll surely align with the party after we've chosen our party's candidate during the primaries."

Standing his grounds on his decision to ensure BabaNtan scales through as the party's flagbearer, the Secretary, Uyo Ward 10, Ubong Archibong, reaffirmed that he stands solidly behind his master, Rt Hon. Enyong.

He added that he is unperturbed by the antics of some politicians, who would rather sacrifice the chances of making A'Ibom better on the altar of money.

He noted that he is and will continue to be loyal to the party.

In their separate address, the ward women leader and youth leader of Uyo Ward 10, Ubong John and Emilia Ime respectively, admitted that it would be unreasonable, insensitive, and unfair of them to withdraw their support for BabaNtan, who is widely known to have an extraordinary trackrecord of philanthropy in the State and is development oriented.

(1) (Reply)

Blogs Indexing / EASTER: Sad....student Who Acted Jesus Christ's Role In Drama Dies In Owerri / Shocking Mutilation of Nigerian Coat Of Arms By Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.