Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? (811 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by Hottdawgg: 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2022
We are a country where people live and feed fat purely on the basis of trust from benefactors. We are also a country where people have no problem with betraying trust for even more money.
The recipient of this trust can be females or political hangers on. For example, you take a girl from the gutter, polish her up, place her on an excellent periodic stipend, pay her rents and possibly even buy her a car. You fork her brains out regularly and make sure she lacks nothing but she doesn't mind stealing away to another side of town for trysts with a sugar daddy.

Unless her benefactor is a mumu and stumbled into money there is always a sixth sense that tells him sth is going on and wouldn't mind paying a premium for proof from a Private Investigator.

This is the season of high wheeling- dealing politics. Election is around the corner and political actors a looking for whom to sell loyalties and there are those ready to buy. Like olosho, they take money here and go on to sleep with the enemy. Again a private investigator comes in handy.

In business, we are the shady deal capital of the world. A man shows up, makes all kinds of claim, no cyber footprint whatsoever. Before you commit to him shouldn't you know who his friends are or perhaps his demons that can prevent him from being a good partner or employee?

I ask myself, what is required for this job? It seems no more than commonsense, a camera and 2legs. Perhaps later, a small office and secretary.

Why are people not doing this job?
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by immortalcrown(m): 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hottdawgg:
We are a country where people live and feed fat purely on the basis of trust from benefactors. We are also a country where people have no problem with betraying trust for even more money.
The recipient of this trust can be females or political hangers on. For example, you take a girl from the gutter, polish her up, place her on an excellent periodic stipend, pay her rents and possibly even buy her a car. You fork her brains out regularly and make sure she lacks nothing but she doesn't mind stealing away to another side of town for trysts with a sugar daddy.

Unless her benefactor is a mumu and stumbled into money there is always a sixth sense that tells him sth is going on and wouldn't mind paying a premium for proof from a Private Investigator.

This is the season of high wheeling- dealing politics. Election is around the corner and political actors a looking for whom to sell loyalties and there are those ready to buy. Like olosho, they take money here and go on to sleep with the enemy. Again a private investigator comes in handy.

In business, we are the shady deal capital of the world. A man shows up, makes all kinds of claim, no cyber footprint whatsoever. Before you commit to him shouldn't you know who his friends are or perhaps his demons that can prevent him from being a good partner or employee?

I ask myself, what is required for this job? It seems no more than commonsense, a camera and 2legs. Perhaps later, a small office and secretary.

Why are people not doing this job?

Your caption is not elaborated in your post. Edit the post or the caption so there can be a coherence between the caption and the post.
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by Hottdawgg: 5:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
immortalcrown:
Your caption is not elaborated in your post. Edit the post or the caption so there can be a coherence between the caption and the post.

This is a career section and the post is all about reasons why people should adopt Private Investigation as career. You must have stopped reading after the first 2lines. It happens when people spend too much time on NL. Perhaps you should read again.

Secondly I am a general interest observer and not a career essayist that will compartmentalize ideas into introduction, body and conclusion. It doesn't work for everyone that way sir.

The Caption is about Private Investigation as a career. And the post is about credible reasons why they should adopt it.

Thanks
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by immortalcrown(m): 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hottdawgg:

This is a career section and the post is all about reasons why people should adopt Private Investigation as career. You must have stopped reading after the first 2lines. It happens when people spend too much time on NL. Perhaps you should read again.
Secondly I am a general interest observer and not a career essayist that will compartmentalize ideas into introduction, body and conclusion. It doesn't work for everyone that way sir.
The Caption is about Private Investigation as a career. And the post is about credible reasons why they should adopt it.
Thanks

I read your post twice before making my comment. No part of your comment explained the kind of private investigation you suggest and how the private investigation can work. People, out of curiosity and suspicion, conduct unannounced investigation for themselves. Do you mean private organizations should should investigate what goes on in people's romantic relationship? The you mean the private investigators should disregard government law enforcement bodies?

So, I reaffirm my position that there is no coherence between your caption and your post. Try to explain further.

NOTE: I did not insult you. I only said you should connect your post to its caption. Thanks.
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by Hottdawgg: 6:47am On Feb 07, 2022
immortalcrown:

I read your post twice before making my comment. No part of your comment explained the kind of private investigation you suggest and how the private investigation can work. People, out of curiosity and suspicion, conduct unannounced investigation for themselves. Do you mean private organizations should should investigate what goes on in people's romantic relationship? The you mean the private investigators should disregard government law enforcement bodies?

So, I reaffirm my position that there is no coherence between your caption and your post. Try to explain further.

NOTE: I did not insult you. I only said you should connect your post to its caption. Thanks.

Now that the thread has been derailed and the essence defeated, perhaps we can continue and at the end lessons will be learnt one way or another.

I didn't think I need to explain the job of a Private Investigator for the simple reason that it is self explanatory. A PI is someone engaged to acquire information discreetly regarding another person about whom there is a suspicion of dubious activity.

It is almost unimaginable that there is anyone on NL young or old who has not watched a movie or has not seen a news report in which a Private Investigator played a role.

And no a PI has nothing, zero to do with law enforcement to which you refer which essentially means Police work.

Perhaps what got you confused is the romantic twist.

It was purposeful, it was deliberate with the sole aim of generating interest if you like, sensationalise the post for a more passioned response.

And since the topic isn't about romance (again if you look well you will see other examples), it will be undesirable to change the caption to suit romance or any of the other examples.
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by immortalcrown(m): 10:40am On Feb 07, 2022
Hottdawgg:

Now that the thread has been derailed and the essence defeated, perhaps we can continue and at the end lessons will be learnt one way or another.

I didn't think I need to explain the job of a Private Investigator for the simple reason that it is self explanatory. A PI is someone engaged to acquire information discreetly regarding another person about whom there is a suspicion of dubious activity.

It is almost unimaginable that there is anyone on NL young or old who has not watched a movie or has not seen a news report in which a Private Investigator played a role.

And no a PI has nothing, zero to do with law enforcement to which you refer which essentially means Police work.

Perhaps what got you confused is the romantic twist.

It was purposeful, it was deliberate with the sole aim of generating interest if you like, sensationalise the post for a more passioned response.

And since the topic isn't about romance (again if you look well you will see other examples), it will be undesirable to change the caption to suit romance or any of the other examples.

You are confused. I never implied your post is only about romance. I used it as an example because your post focuses more on it. I can also talk about other things you mentioned. For business contract you mentioned, there are lawyers and courts that can be involved for legal agreements. Do you mean private individuals or firms should handle business-contract agreements without involving lawyers and courts? Whether you admit it or not, you have not been able to connect your post to its caption.
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by Hottdawgg: 3:50am On Feb 09, 2022
immortalcrown:

You are confused. I never implied your post is only about romance. I used it as an example because your post focuses more on it. I can also talk about other things you mentioned. For business contract you mentioned, there are lawyers and courts that can be involved for legal agreements. Do you mean private individuals or firms should handle business-contract agreements without involving lawyers and courts? Whether you admit it or not, you have not been able to connect your post to its caption.

I have tried to situate you and my impression of you is that you are either a student who just learnt sth new about comprehension skill and essay writing or perhaps you are excited about your new job as a corper teaching in one of these Jnr Sec schools. And I respect that.

I arrived at this conclusion because you lack indepth knowledge of the subject, you are impetuous, ignorant, lack experience but most of all you are resistant to learning. If you show some humility, you will have a lot to learn in this forum.

Tried as I have, I still can't make you understand that the subject is Private Investigator as a career. And that far flung issues like romance, politics and business are mere examples.

I cannot connect them with the caption because the subject of the write up isn't about them. Besides It is impossible to connect these examples with the caption without having a disjointed, incomprehensible garbage Do you understand this at all? What will it take to make you understand?
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by immortalcrown(m): 8:30am On Feb 09, 2022
Hottdawgg:

I have tried to situate you and my impression of you is that you are either a student who just learnt sth new about comprehension skill and essay writing or perhaps you are excited about your new job as a corper teaching in one of these Jnr Sec schools. And I respect that.

I arrived at this conclusion because you lack indepth knowledge of the subject, you are impetuous, ignorant, lack experience but most of all you are resistant to learning. If you show some humility, you will have a lot to learn in this forum.

Tried as I have, I still can't make you understand that the subject is Private Investigator as a career. And that far flung issues like romance, politics and business are mere examples.

I cannot connect them with the caption because the subject of the write up isn't about them. Besides It is impossible to connect these examples with the caption without having a disjointed, incomprehensible garbage Do you understand this at all? What will it take to make you understand?

No matter your description of me, the fact remains that your post does not explain how private investigation can be involved in any of the interpersonal relationships you mention. You could not even explain what private investigation means in the context of your post.
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by Hottdawgg: 8:39am On Feb 09, 2022
immortalcrown:

No matter your description of me, the fact remains that your post does not explain how private investigation can be involved in any of the interpersonal relationships you mention. You could not even explain what private investigation means in the context of your post.

Actually I did. Perhaps you need to read it more than the two times you claimed.

My posts are not always for everyone. I don't need to explain who a private investigator is to an average reader but I came down to your level. Yet you do not understand. I don't know why you chose to go above your head. If you have no input to make in a particular thread, the best attitude is to ignore and move on. Look for threads that make sense to you, one where the poster doesn't have to explain things word for word to you. I am sure you understand this.
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by immortalcrown(m): 8:48am On Feb 09, 2022
Hottdawgg:

Actually I did. Perhaps you need to read it more than the two times you claimed.

My posts are not always for everyone. I don't need to explain who a private investigator is to an average reader but I came down to your level. Yet you do not understand. I don't know why you chose to go above your head. If you have no input to make in a particular thread, the best attitude is to ignore and move on. Look for threads that make sense to you, one where the poster doesn't have to explain things word for word to you. I am sure you understand this.

Simply highlight the sentences with which you did it. But do not edit the post. Highlight the sentences or continue to make noise.
Re: Why Are There No Private Investigators In Nigeria? by kehnton(m): 9:08am On Mar 09, 2023
How does someone start a career as a private investigator? Sounds exciting!

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me I Really Need A Job / Never Work A Day In Your Life Again With Glo Salary For Life Lottery Games / Cisa Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.